• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yah ... Dude in the arsenal shirt who got fired didnt say fhritp but said it was funny. He did make the vibrator in the ear comment

From what I gather, the vibrator in the ear comment was in reference to something that happened in England; I think he was implying that this could be a lot worse. At any rate, although he comes across as a twat, I don't see any of this as grounds for dismissal.

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much empathy for the guy who got canned - I mean if he was too drunk or too stupid (probably both) to realize his words could come back to fire his ass, well he certainly knows now. Just like the guy who tweeted out the Lupul - Phaneuf tweet during the trade deadline, sure he meant it as a joke, but these days your recorded words and tweets can bite you in the butt.

The homophobic and racist comments made on this site (not so much the NHL forum) are just as bad; probably worse than anything said in that video. There's no witch hunt going for any of these guys and they're equally as public?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The homophobic and racist comments made on this site (not so much the NHL forum) are just as bad; probably worse than anything said in that video. There's no witch hunt going for any of these guys and they're equally as public?

I don't dispute any of that (and it's likely the reason I don't spend too much time on any of the other forums). I guess all I'm saying is that people need to take responsibility for what they choose to post on public forums. As a mod on this forum, I give plenty of latitude when it comes to post content, but generally speaking, anything racist or homophobic will be immediately removed (obviously I'm not here 24/7 and some posts do slip through the cracks).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I gather, the vibrator in the ear comment was in reference to something that happened in England; I think he was implying that this could be a lot worse. At any rate, although he comes across as a twat, I don't see any of this as grounds for dismissal.

I hear you ... But he was a public employee ... Its why his salary was out there in the public domain ... I dont know the code of conduct but id imagine its of a higher standard when it comes to something like this ... Even if it happened on his own time and not a company function

The other dude in the video works in private industry and hasnt been identified by name but the company he works for released a statement that the behaviour was on his own private time. They say they will review the matter. So theyre already laying the groundwork to do nothing lol

I guess thats the downside of working for a public employer ... Then again hes got his union that will prob help the dumb twat keep his job

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public servants should be held to a higher std? This idiot should be fired for not proof reading his posts if he's wants to natter on about higher standards. Try not writing like a 12 year old next time. lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we need is a Rob Ford presser to say this dude didn't get drunk, smoke some rocks and sexually harass the reporter.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public servants should be held to a higher std? This idiot should be fired for not proof reading his posts if he's wants to natter on about higher standards. Try not writing like a 12 year old next time. lol

I will not respond to any inquiries from the Ontario Ombudsman regarding the true identity of blindbaby (lol)

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not respond to any inquiries from the Ontario Ombudsman regarding the true identity of blindbaby (lol)

you're giving yourself wise advice. ;)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Causing disturbance is a Criminal Code offence which includes “fighting, screaming, shouting, swearing, singing or using insulting or obscene language,” in a public place."

But yah ... Dude in the arsenal shirt who got fired didnt say fhritp but said it was funny. He did make the vibrator in the ear comment
I'm pretty sure it's the vibrator comment that got him canned. What an asshat.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess thats the downside of working for a public employer ... Then again hes got his union that will prob help the dumb twat keep his job

No Union for him. He's management and office staff so he's left to file his own lawsuit.

My only issue with this is, if he's committed a crime, then he should be charged, convicted and then fired based on non-compliance with the company's COC. If he was a cop you just know he would be at home on paid leave.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dispute any of that (and it's likely the reason I don't spend too much time on any of the other forums). I guess all I'm saying is that people need to take responsibility for what they choose to post on public forums. As a mod on this forum, I give plenty of latitude when it comes to post content, but generally speaking, anything racist or homophobic will be immediately removed (obviously I'm not here 24/7 and some posts do slip through the cracks).
The issue is people don't take the term "social media" seriously. It is media. You are publishing whatever it is you write, and just like those in the "old" media, you can be held accountable for what you publish. If that isn't apparent in 2015 after 10+ years of this medium, you must be brain dead.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, hopefully Real-Juve is a good one tonight. First leg was a pretty good game, would love more of the same.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Union for him. He's management and office staff so he's left to file his own lawsuit.

that hasnt been disclosed has it? I saw the reporter taking the lead on this public shami ... err ... story said it hasnt been disclosed whether he was in the public employers union

I think hes a network manager ... not a manager of people ... office staff are still in public unions :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tangent kinda but not really ... great timing last night cbc

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole social shaming "time is a flat circle" thing is something special lol

they dig into the guys life as best as they can

they find out he went to Wilfred Laurier University I dont even know how many years ago...
Wilfred Laurier University issues a statement that they dont condone his actions

they find out he played in the Ontario Hydro soccer league ...
Ontario Hydro soccer league issues a statement that they dont condone his actions

this morning, they find out he tried out for TFC in 2006 ...
your move TFC!!! lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which owns Toronto FC, said earlier Tuesday that it would ban fans who uttered the phrase in the CityNews video.

It also said it would provide more security for female reporters doing live hits at any of the organization's games.

if you watch the video again ... note the dude wearing the shirt that says SECURITY standing at the side of the female reporter and smirking while its all going down lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that hasnt been disclosed has it? I saw the reporter taking the lead on this public shami ... err ... story said it hasnt been disclosed whether he was in the public employers union

I think hes a network manager ... not a manager of people ... office staff are still in public unions :noidea:
I read somewhere that he wasn't unionised. It would be very rare for an engineer to be unionised - they're usually capable of rising on the pay scale at a pace that would surpass any non-sports CBA-brokered increases. I deal with engineers (including some in the public sector) on a daily basis and I don't believe any I've encountered are unionised.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Madrid blow chance after chance has truly been something special.

Knowing that Barcelona would've converted all of them makes me fear for Juve.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on a related note, what on god's green earth has happened to Gareth Bale this season? He went from outside chance of a Ballon d'Or nomination to not even deserving of a place in the starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.