• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 of 16 advancing teams, only 7 in their actual order though :doh:

Was always taking chances with PSG and City winning their groups.

I wouldn't say PSG was much of a stretch.

But you really had someone other than Bayern at the top of that group? That's truly a bold prediction.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man City said depending on what happens with Champions League they may try to make a splash in the transfer window. Seeing as how they qualified you can probably expect them to make a move. I've heard Pogba from Juventus.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say PSG was much of a stretch.

But you really had someone other than Bayern at the top of that group? That's truly a bold prediction.

I factored in World Cup fatigue and the fact they went out so shambolically last season. Of course, Barca won the CL after Spain won both Euro (first time) and the WC, and the other choice was European morons Man City, so maybe I'm just crazy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man City said depending on what happens with Champions League they may try to make a splash in the transfer window. Seeing as how they qualified you can probably expect them to make a move. I've heard Pogba from Juventus.

Pogba wouldn't be able to play for them in the Champions League. Unfortunately for them, there weren't many big teams from the middle-tier leagues that didn't qualify for the Champions League, so unless they're chasing Mauro Icardi or Marek Hamsik I think they're screwed, and since both those guys would cost a fortune and City is already in FFP trouble I think they're stuck with the squad they have.

One thing I'll say though, playing a midfield of Fernando and Fernandinho vs. Roma, they completely dominated that part of the pitch. Maybe Yaya is the problem and they might do well by sitting him for European matches in favour of the Nandos.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously a set play :noidea:

GiftedVengefulArkshell.gif

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I factored in World Cup fatigue and the fact they went out so shambolically last season. Of course, Barca won the CL after Spain won both Euro (first time) and the WC, and the other choice was European morons Man City, so maybe I'm just crazy.

I don't think those Germans are human with how good their conditioning is.

It certainly helps that Bayern has some key pieces that aren't German and either didn't make the tournament (Lewandowski) or went out early (their entire Spanish contingent).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think those Germans are human with how good their conditioning is.

It certainly helps that Bayern has some key pieces that aren't German and either didn't make the tournament (Lewandowski) or went out early (their entire Spanish contingent).

Very true on both accounts.

On the other hand, Benatia hasn't exactly been stellar at the back and I think the right team can exploit them. But they haven't come up against one, yet.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barca tie, now 4 points behind Real and Atletico can equal them on points with a win this weekend.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps may have found their dp poacher

22 year old octavio rivero. Uruguayan striker playing in chile. (Thanks for the tip pedro morales)

10 goals in 16 games.
Helluva highlight pack

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN - Details

Hopefully they do the opposite of Sportsnet and actually use their 5 channels to show 5 different games (and don't show curling instead, like they used to do back in the day :frusty: )

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like cdn international and former tfc central defender doneil henry is going to west ham

Verrrrrrrry solid business tfc!!! Lol

Apollon Limassol signed him, then loaned him back to Toronto and the Cypriot club will get the transfer fee, even though he has yet to play for them. He was due to make his debut for Appollon in January, but West Ham have stepped in with an offer.

He has been a team-mate of ex-West Ham striker Jermain Defoe in the MLS and the fee is likely to be around £1.5m. He has played 70 times for Toronto after rising through their academy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like cdn international and former tfc central defender doneil henry is going to west ham

Verrrrrrrry solid business tfc!!! Lol

Apollon Limassol signed him, then loaned him back to Toronto and the Cypriot club will get the transfer fee, even though he has yet to play for them. He was due to make his debut for Appollon in January, but West Ham have stepped in with an offer.

He has been a team-mate of ex-West Ham striker Jermain Defoe in the MLS and the fee is likely to be around £1.5m. He has played 70 times for Toronto after rising through their academy.

Why is this negative against TFC?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this negative against TFC?

admittedly, my shot at TFC relies on 2 assumptions ... that they initially sold Henry to the Cypress team for less than 1.5 shmill pounds and that tfc retained no sell on rights/% ... until i see otherwise, TFC retain their title of idiots lol

the story says:
the Cypriot club will get the transfer fee, even though he has yet to play for them.

why didnt TFC just sell direct to West Ham???

/edit: and i know transfers involving MLS teams are murky so Ill lump the MLS head office into the idiots category if they had a hand in it

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeesh ... Meanies!

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]546479978347393024[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.