• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celta Vigo are currently (pending the outcome of the Bilbao-Real Madrid game, which Real currently leads 1-0) tops in Spain after beating Barca 4-1! They also beat Sevilla on the weekend. Nice start for the small team from Galicia.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovely! A friend of mine went last September vs. Monaco and said it was an awesome atmosphere.
It was. Guingamp is not a big draw and it was a rainy Tuesday night, but the stadium was mostly full and the crowd was definitely into it. There's a supporters section behind each net and they seem to go back and forth pretty well between them.

And as far as I could tell, not one idiot tried to start a wave.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was. Guingamp is not a big draw and it was a rainy Tuesday night, but the stadium was mostly full and the crowd was definitely into it. There's a supporters section behind each net and they seem to go back and forth pretty well between them.

And as far as I could tell, not one idiot tried to start a wave.
Only place I ever see that happen in soccer is England, and even there it's very sporadic.

Allez Paris Saint Germain!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only place I ever see that happen in soccer is England, and even there it's very sporadic.

Allez Paris Saint Germain!

oh come on... it happens everywhere ... it happened during the lewandowski 5 goal game this week in between the fans chanting to 7 nation army lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to the game on Saturday, jstew?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to the game on Saturday, jstew?

no unfortunately not ... i didnt believe Pirlo would show up so i didnt buy tickets and now they are pretty much gone ... plus Im in seattle this weekend

/my bro will be stalking him lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he thinks he has a good shot at talking to pirlo ... when mancity came to town in 2011 the media restrictions were nuts of course ... epl/euro sport is a different media animal than what north american sports is

there was zero access ... they had a walkway with a metal gate that seperated the media from the players as they walked to the dressing rooms (which were souped up trailers at new temporary empire). Balotelli comes strolling by and my brother throws some italian at him and he turns his head with bright eyes and comes walking back towards him and then a man city pr hack grabs balo and ushers him away :ohwell:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the always special, special one with some special stuff here ...

Mourinho accuses Wenger of being only manager not under pressure

:pound:

'Every other manager is. I am under pressure, Steve (McClaren) is under pressure, Pellegrini is under pressure, Brendan (Rodgers) too. We cannot be below par. We have to meet the objectives.

'I have sympathy with all of them, because it's a difficult job. There's one outside that list, but good for him. I have sympathy for Steve.'

Asked which manager he was referring to, Mourinho said: 'You know. The one who can speak about the referees before the game, after the game, can push people in the technical area, can moan, can cry in the morning in the afternoon, nothing happens.

'He can not achieve, keep his job, still be the king. I say just one.'

Status
Not open for further replies.