• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But dealerships are there to make money. Why offer you such a good deal instead just enough below their competition. Again, this is my over thinking thought.
I guess I cannot answer the question any way other than what I already have. I don't know if it's a Subaru trademark but their customer service is amazing, always have been since we first got the car. And because we travel in it, and plan to keep it, I get all service done there.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I cannot answer the question any way other than what I already have. I don't know if it's a Subaru trademark but their customer service is amazing, always have been since we first got the car. And because we travel in it, and plan to keep it, I get all service done there.
I meant to hit the bullseye on your last post. The answer for you is you already have trust.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to hit the bullseye on your last post. The answer for you is you already have trust.
I guess, I know that I found a great price on the exact tire I wanted. I also know that god did not bless me with mechanical skills, so I had to put my trust in someone

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer for you is you already have trust.
Dealers NEVER screw return customers.

I worked for several years for SEACO Ins. and our only business was Auto and Truck dealerships. We carried all lines for them.

Standard rule at every store was, "Repeat Customers, create Repeat Customers. Never anger a Repeat Customer."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, I know that I found a great price on the exact tire I wanted. I also know that god did not bless me with mechanical skills, so I had to put my trust in someone
God blessed with the ability to gain mechanical skills. He just didn't give you the interest to do so.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a promo for ESPN draft coverage with Peyton Manning.

Anyone else completely bored with with his unaware hay seed trope?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dealers NEVER screw return customers.

I worked for several years for SEACO Ins. and our only business was Auto and Truck dealerships. We carried all lines for them.

Standard rule at every store was, "Repeat Customers, create Repeat Customers. Never anger a Repeat Customer."
That's a rule they are willing to sellout if necessary for a bigger buck. It's always about the buck and protecting repeat buyers is an investment for future bucks more valuable than the present day buck. However, place a quota threshold to earn an incentive and they'll screw them over 8 days a week.

It's about the buck and always about the buck. Other businesses are about the buck too but most use business models to be transparent about it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about the buck and always about the buck. Other businesses are about the buck too but most use business models to be transparent about it.
Most dealerships have sales quotas. Some have money that salespeople can borrow against. It's a way to keep people in place and have them work harder to sell.

I had dealerships all over New England and they all had a standard rule about not screwing repeat customers because they pointed new customers at the dealership. Screw them and they would make sure that no less than 16 people would never set foot in the door and those 16 would pass along the bad word to at least two more each. It's a negative ripple effect that every dealer knows could possibly cost him 104 sales by screwing one good customer.

Just my experience over four years dealing with auto dealers.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most dealerships have sales quotas. Some have money that salespeople can borrow against. It's a way to keep people in place and have them work harder to sell.

I had dealerships all over New England and they all had a standard rule about not screwing repeat customers because they pointed new customers at the dealership. Screw them and they would make sure that no less than 16 people would never set foot in the door and those 16 would pass along the bad word to at least two more each. It's a negative ripple effect that every dealer knows could possibly cost him 104 sales by screwing one good customer.

Just my experience over four years dealing with auto dealers.
I had an irrigation business. I warranted everything. Customers would say, “you can’t warranty that. My dog tore it up”
My response was I can't charge you what my time is worth, so it is free. It is worth more to me to have happy customers and referrals than anything I could charge. For every time I installed a new sprinkler for free, I got 3-5 referrals for other contracts. Cheap advertisement!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But dealerships are there to make money. Why offer you such a good deal instead just enough below their competition. Again, this is my over thinking thought.
May be close to the expiration date.
Sell them for basement prices and minimal profit instead of hanging on to them for a loss.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell them for basement prices and minimal profit instead of hanging on to them for a loss.
Had a horrible hail storm and hundreds of cars were damaged. We had them do a "Hail Sale" for all of the used cars, because we were holding the bag on the used inventory. So we got a Kelly fair price for every car and told them we'd pay the difference between the sale and the Kelly price. Thursday thru Sunday the sale was held and they sold every damaged car and their body shop picked up a ton of business because the dealership offered to knock out the dents for half price of the labor.

Dodge corporate heard about what we'd done and they offered every new car that had been damaged at $7000 below MSRP. They had to eat about thirty five cars but got rid of the rest. Needless to say, That dealer made a shit ton of people very happy. We were happy too, we saved a boatload by getting rid of those cars and not eating them.

There's always a way to get rid of inventory. Just have to be creative.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is $800 basement price?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vibing New Attachment for Weber Kettle. @Yankee Traveler I know YT runs with Weber. Either great attachment for little money cut cooking time in half.

Ribs 3.jpgRibs 3.jpg

Attachments

• Ribs 1.jpg
    Ribs 1.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Ribs 2.jpg
    Ribs 2.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 6

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is $800 basement price?
$746 vs $1005 is what 25% less then what other tire distributors were selling them for?

nefansince75 was questioning why or how they could be so much cheaper when they are trying to make money as well.

I offered a theory. I don't know the mark up or profit margin on tires.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$746 vs $1005 is what 25% less then what other tire distributors were selling them for?

nefansince75 was questioning why or how they could be so much cheaper when they are trying to make money as well.

I offered a theory. I don't know the mark up or profit margin on tires.
Gotcha. Like I said because all Subaru's come with Yokohama I assume they were getting a volume discount, at least that's what I surmised.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be disbanning that model?