• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is much more to it than that.

If your only method of losing weight is a calorie deficit then you are stressing your body. Your body then produces higher levels of cortisol which tells your body to turn available calories to fat for storage for your next famine.
So even less calories so there is none available? Then you never have calories to do anything.
Macros. The right types of calories. Everybody needs different amounts of proteins, fats, fiber and sugar. Not to mention minerals electrolytes and vitamins.

Calorie usage as well as storage.
Add to that that any action the body takes does not result in a precise level of energy used. If the body feels any level of starvation is happening it can conserve energy. Even if you eat enough calories the body can conserve energy if the correct nutrients for burning that energy is in deficit. Also, if you don't eat a sufficient amount of nutrients the body will ask for more. Eat plenty but without nutrients and your body will "claim to be" hungry.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like anything else, self control is the greatest asset. When I stepped on the scale in 2021 and saw the numbers 297.6, I decided that I needed to start getting my shit together. Eat less, exercise more. Increase water intake, reduce white foods critically. It took about a year but I took off 70 of those pounds and didn't suffer one bit. Then I backed off and stayed with the food intake and backed off the exercise. I've put on 13 pounds but have been holding at 240 for the past four months. Had arthritis problems with my hips so I can't do the extended walking. Will have to start doing more time at the gym and start burning some extra calories on friendly machines.

It's not like I'm trying to attract those gals wearing a string in their ass on the beach. I'm trying to save a few extra heartbeats and not have them stop altogether.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to that that any action the body takes does not result in a precise level of energy used. If the body feels any level of starvation is happening it can conserve energy. Even if you eat enough calories the body can conserve energy if the correct nutrients for burning that energy is in deficit. Also, if you don't eat a sufficient amount of nutrients the body will ask for more. Eat plenty but without nutrients and your body will "claim to be" hungry.
2000 calorie diet.

2000 calories of Doritos vs 2000 calories of BLT's vs 2000 calories of carrots and celery.

Give me the BLT's.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000 calorie diet.

2000 calories of Doritos vs 2000 calories of BLT's vs 2000 calories of carrots and celery.

Give me the BLT's.
That's a lot of carrots about 40g and celery 15g.

I like them both but not that much.

Love a good BLT

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2000 calorie diet.

Give me the BLT's.
You make the best point that could ever be made... Choose your food wisely, and within wisely make sure it's food you like. Your body is programed for survival over wisdom. The survivalism slants your behavior towards what you like and if your wisdom directs it to wise choices within your likes, your choices will be sustainable. Otherwise, diet, fade, diet, fade, rinse and repeat.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after my stroke,I got off junk food almost 30lbs.probably added years to my life.i,ll still be lucky to live past 80.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like anything else, self control is the greatest asset. When I stepped on the scale in 2021 and saw the numbers 297.6, I decided that I needed to start getting my shit together. Eat less, exercise more. Increase water intake, reduce white foods critically. It took about a year but I took off 70 of those pounds and didn't suffer one bit. Then I backed off and stayed with the food intake and backed off the exercise. I've put on 13 pounds but have been holding at 240 for the past four months. Had arthritis problems with my hips so I can't do the extended walking. Will have to start doing more time at the gym and start burning some extra calories on friendly machines.

It's not like I'm trying to attract those gals wearing a string in their ass on the beach. I'm trying to save a few extra heartbeats and not have them stop altogether.

Bike?
Trike?
Recumbent?
I'll add that arthritis is a form of inflammation and certain foods can help combat inflammation. My daughter is 4'10 with the competitive heart of a lion. She needs to train hard to keep up, but training hard was causing shin splints, ankle aches and other derailing problems. I now start her day with a fresh juiced combination of apple/sweet potato/celery/ginger. The problems went away.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make the best point that could ever be made... Choose your food wisely, and within wisely make sure it's food you like. Your body is programed for survival over wisdom. The survivalism slants your behavior towards what you like and if your wisdom directs it to wise choices within your likes, your choices will be sustainable. Otherwise, diet, fade, diet, fade, rinse and repeat.
How many calories are in a Party Size bag of Doritos? I don't know buy I think I would be sick as hell if that's all I ate in a day.

Carrots and celery? Where is the protein? Complete protein?

Some whole grain bread, maybe Dave's Killer, Canola Oil Hellmann's Mayo (the only one without soy), Organic beefsteak tomato and Boston Lettuce...not that bitter arugula shit...and some local fresh thick cut bacon? Man you've got everything you need and semi healthy too!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add that arthritis is a form of inflammation and certain foods can help combat inflammation. My daughter is 4'10 with the competitive heart of a lion. She needs to train hard to keep up, but training hard was causing shin splints, ankle aches and other derailing problems. I now start her day with a fresh juiced combination of apple/sweet potato/celery/ginger. The problems went away.
There is definitely something to be said about Eastern medicines. Just look at our Asian friends. Many don't the means to buy the latest and greatest big pharm wonder drug. Many of them work harder than westerns as they don't have access to all the conviences/ergonomically correct things we have.

Hell, I wish I was taught to squat like them. Less back pain, healthier colon... They can plop down anywhere and sit Indian style and consume a full course meal.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting rotation and levers. I'd own one if they weren't $6K-$10K. Cheaper to go to Planet Fitness for $10 a month.
Are you trying to win the Tour deFrance? You can get something workable in the $300 to $400 range. I have a bar in my basement with gymnastic rings which I do versions of everything from pushups, pullups and squats. I use a bike trainer connected to a free Zwift like app. I have no use for Planet Fatness. When I'm in the mood to be social, I come here and punish you guys.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting rotation and levers. I'd own one if they weren't $6K-$10K. Cheaper to go to Planet Fitness for $10 a month.
Used!
Most exercise equipment is being used for clothes racks.
I paid $400 for my club quality recumbant - and I don't have to go pick up assorted virus at "Club Infection?"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive Vibing with My Local Dealership Today: Bringing the RU in for routine service I did the penny test on my tires, now at 53k miles, and they were very borderline. I decided seeing as I am heading back to NH in late May it would best to replace the tires. Wanting to put OEM or at least Yokohama tires back in the car I started pricing around. Two places were exactly at $1005 and another place offered Goodyears Assurance for $948, but again I wanted to back with OEM Yokohama tires or at least a Yokohama tire. Assuming the dealership would be more I almost didn't check them out. They do have the OEM originals for $746 on the rim out the door with roadside. I was presently surprised.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive Vibing with My Local Dealership Today: Bringing the RU in for routine service I did the penny test on my tires, now at 53k miles, and they were very borderline. I decided seeing as I am heading back to NH in late May it would best to replace the tires. Wanting to put OEM or at least Yokohama tires back in the car I started pricing around. Two places were exactly at $1005 and another place offered Goodyears Assurance for $948, but again I wanted to back with OEM Yokohama tires or at least a Yokohama tire. Assuming the dealership would be more I almost didn't check them out. They do have the OEM originals for $746 on the rim out the door with roadside. I was presently surprised.
Why would they offer such a good deal? Just me over thinking.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yokohama makes very good tires. I have personally used them.
OEM tires are usually not top-rated tires. Having a cheaper price tag might mean they are different.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they offer such a good deal? Just me over thinking.
Likley because Subaru themselves order so many tires in year Yokohama gives them a reduced price, then they just distribute to dealerships.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yokohama makes very good tires. I have personally used them.
OEM tires are usually not top-rated tires. Having a cheaper price tag might mean they are different.
That OEM tire is a Yokohama tire and it's been a great tire. I cannot complain about 53k miles

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likley because Subaru themselves order so many tires in year Yokohama gives them a reduced price, then they just distribute to dealerships.
But dealerships are there to make money. Why offer you such a good deal instead just enough below their competition. Again, this is my over thinking thought.