• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liberals...
What does that mean? I'm serious... Are you calling BK a liberal? Are you saying liberals let phones raise their kids?

I'm a moderate so I'm not looking to defend liberals. It's my experience that equal amounts of liberals, conservatives and moderates do irresponsible things.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that 40 years ago when a kid did strange shit, everyone said, "He'll grow out of it." Today ADD and ADHD are the tags that kids are wearing and thy immediately need 'special' education. This allows the parents to be free of responsibility and they have an excuse when the kids veers from the 'special needs' path. Taking responsibility for one's actions is thing of the past. Everyone needs to be able to blame someone else or something so that they can feel better about themselves.

It started with my parents generation, who were children of the Great Depression. They wanted to be sure that we baby boomers would never suffer like they did or be involved in another world war. I think they did a damn good job. Then we tried to make sure that our kids never suffered through month long worker strikes and have to eat single slice toasted cheese sandwiches or mayonnaise and ketchup sandwiches. And we gave them electronic games. Now their children are so lazy that they just figure that doing anything isn't for them. The answers to everything can be Googled.
Who needs an education??

Of course, we're not to blame. It has to do with preservatives in all of the food we eat. It has to do carbon emissions. It can be blamed on plasticization. Yeah, it's their fault. Now global warming will kill everything.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that PTSD?
Or is that mental illness?
tv land doctor GIF by nobodies.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean? I'm serious... Are you calling BK a liberal? Are you saying liberals let phones raise their kids?

I'm a moderate so I'm not looking to defend liberals. It's my experience that equal amounts of liberals, conservatives and moderates do irresponsible things.
Liberals often times shun accountability.
They also believe in free range kids and letting the village raise them.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that 40 years ago when a kid did strange shit, everyone said, "He'll grow out of it." Today ADD and ADHD are the tags that kids are wearing and thy immediately need 'special' education. This allows the parents to be free of responsibility and they have an excuse when the kids veers from the 'special needs' path. Taking responsibility for one's actions is thing of the past. Everyone needs to be able to blame someone else or something so that they can feel better about themselves.

It started with my parents generation, who were children of the Great Depression. They wanted to be sure that we baby boomers would never suffer like they did or be involved in another world war. I think they did a damn good job. Then we tried to make sure that our kids never suffered through month long worker strikes and have to eat single slice toasted cheese sandwiches or mayonnaise and ketchup sandwiches. And we gave them electronic games. Now their children are so lazy that they just figure that doing anything isn't for them. The answers to everything can be Googled.
Who needs an education??

Of course, we're not to blame. It has to do with preservatives in all of the food we eat. It has to do carbon emissions. It can be blamed on plasticization. Yeah, it's their fault. Now global warming will kill everything.
I remember when my kid was in the 3rd grade one of his teachers thought he may be ADD or ADHD because he was always reading in math class. His primary teacher said no he's just bored so he reads. The teachers are a huge cause for this swing in ADD / ADHD

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when my kid was in the 3rd grade one of his teachers thought he may be ADD or ADHD because he was always reading in math class. His primary teacher said no he's just bored so he reads. The teachers are a huge cause for this swing in ADD / ADHD
my boy had it.medication fucked his bowels up.took him a year off it for him to be regular.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liberals often times shun accountability.
They also believe in free range kids and letting the village raise them.
To my knowledge, those aren't liberal values.

I too don't like certain liberal values, but the issue isn't that liberals themselves shun accountability. It's that they want to provide services at the taxpayers expense that could be solved by personal accountability. In a nutshell, they want to solve the worlds problems by dragging everyone into their solutions.

As far as the free range kid thing, that's something many conservatives and moderates do too. It's a shitty person thing.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have gremlins that live in my head in little cages. Is that PTSD? They've only gotten loose once or twice and I was able to get them back under control before any real damage was done. Or is that mental illness?
It is mental illness. Doesn't make you bat crazy but it is good you have learned to control them.
I have some unusual crtitters running around in my head and also learned to control them. Even learned to make them assets.
Mine is not mental illness because I am looking at mine - not yours.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, they did not have ADD. They just called me a "pain in the ass"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, they did not have ADD. They just called me a "pain in the ass"
Exactly and there was no pill there was a belt and a woodshed

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to do with preservatives in all of the food we eat.

And this points right back to the parents that are choosing the foods for their kids.

It's the parents.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eating healthy is EXPENSIVE.

Depends if you buy wisely. We buy the majority of our shit from a whole produce place called Sunland Produce. We eat a shit ton of veggies and some rice. We spend a bit on cheese because cheese makes everything yummy. The rest of the money goes to fish and chicken which, ya, can get expensive.

I'd be willing to bet that my family eats considerably healthier than the vast majority while spending considerably less than the vast majority.

That all being said, my wife is a stay at home mom so she has the time to make all kinds of yummy stuff with the aforementioned veggies so there's that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this points right back to the parents that are choosing the foods for their kids.

It's the parents.
I agree, but it's damn hard being a parent these days. Parents are taught by the marketing world that they should be pleasers. My biggest headache is fighting with my wife because she wants to be the pleaser and worse yet, she gets happiness from pleasing. It sets me up to look like I'm pissing on her joy.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eating healthy is EXPENSIVE.

Depends if you buy wisely. We buy the majority of our shit from a whole produce place called Sunland Produce. We eat a shit ton of veggies and some rice. We spend a bit on cheese because cheese makes everything yummy. The rest of the money goes to fish and chicken which, ya, can get expensive.

I'd be willing to bet that my family eats considerably healthier than the vast majority while spending considerably less than the vast majority.

That all being said, my wife is a stay at home mom so she has the time to make all kinds of yummy stuff with the aforementioned veggies so there's that.
I'll add that you'd be surprised how much you don't buy when you eat healthy. Big problem is many people don't know what eating healthy really means and spend huge money on unhealthy stuff that labeled "healthy".

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but it's damn hard being a parent these days. Parents are taught by the marketing world that they should be pleasers. My biggest headache is fighting with my wife because she wants to be the pleaser and worse yet, she gets happiness from pleasing. It sets me up to look like I'm pissing on her joy.

I'm pretty sure all moms do this.

Knocking on wood here but so far my kid has been pretty easy to deal with other than the typical kid shit(looking at you, Fortnite). He's only 10 so I know there's a lot that can go wrong between now and down the road but so far so good. He's Mr. Super Athlete so a ton of his time is spent on sports which has been a huge blessing other than the shit ton of money I spend. All his friends are jocks so they're all pretty well disciplined and the parents are all cool.

But ya, I could go on and on about the special treatment my kid gets from my wife and how it pisses me off but I guess things could be WAY worse than that.