• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I will avoid any city at all costs. My wife wants to go to Chicago, I made it clear that aint happening
My wife and her sisters and my daughter are headed for Ireland in September. They'll land in Dublin and then drive to the west coast, to their ancestral town of Spittal. They'll avoid the big cities and re-bond with their family, the McNaughtans. When Pa arrived in 1900 the people at customs and immigration shortened the name to Norton. Easier to write.

Me? I'm headed to Phoenix in October for a week of golf and minor league baseball. Been playing fantasy baseball with the same group of guys since 1985. Called it Rotisserie back then. Oddly enough, we're all still alive after 39 years and still friends. We all worked for Digital Equipment Corporation and most the guys were programmers and still are. A few are older than I am and still working.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate New York. It’s a principle to live by.
Just curious, have you been before? Truly I'm just being curious and not trying to debate why or why not you should like NYC.

My first morning there I stepped outside my hotel and bought a bagel from a vendor. I just liked the vibe of walking and having the bagel right there. I said to the vendor "I love New York" and he pointed at me and said "New York loves you". It hit a chord, a vibe chord.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I will avoid any city at all costs. My wife wants to go to Chicago, I made it clear that aint happening
We all have different thoughts, likes and dislikes. I always get back to this: You be you.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been working in NYC all week. I know it's not for everyone but I really enjoy it.
Fuck that shit.
The only good thing about New York is leaving.

No, seriously, the best people I have ever worked with were from New York.
Union workers. Absolute craftsman. Some were from upstate and some from the city and all between. Don't get me wrong, there were wanna be amateur mobsters too, by mostly good people.
And lots of history that I would like to see and experience. I've been in the city before, but never for long enough to actually spend a moment doing anything.

That said...Fuck the Yankees, Fuck the Jets, Fuck New York and Fuck everything that is New York.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born just outside Boston, moved to VT when I was a young teen....12 actually.
I don't "Like" cities, I could never live in a big one again, but I'm ok with visiting. Learning history and such.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never 'lived' in NYC. I've been there several times.

Most memorable??? Saturday September 15, 2001.

My wife and I stood watching NYFDS/NYPD/NYEMT digging through rubble. I actually touched the arc of steel that was driven into the ground.

The tower area had not been cordoned off and there were non-English speaking Chinese people everywhere selling Twin Tower memorabilia. The wife and I bought four BIG JOE'S from Dunkin Donuts and brought them to the guys trying to find anything and anyone alive.

My best and worst memory of a city that I've never returned to for anything.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born just outside Boston, moved to VT when I was a young teen....12 actually.
I don't "Like" cities, I could never live in a big one again, but I'm ok with visiting. Learning history and such.
Yeah the history is all available at the local library. Visiting, for me, is just a nightmare. I do not like large crowds, or shitty traffic patterns.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, have you been before? Truly I'm just being curious and not trying to debate why or why not you should like NYC.

My first morning there I stepped outside my hotel and bought a bagel from a vendor. I just liked the vibe of walking and having the bagel right there. I said to the vendor "I love New York" and he pointed at me and said "New York loves you". It hit a chord, a vibe chord.
NY is a symbol for everything I dislike. I've been there.
New Yorkers are Americans, so I'd fight anybody from outside the US that wanted to talk bad about it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got home from work last night to the wife showing me a letter from the HOA.

It seems we have 7 days from the receipt of the letter to repair the top rail and support of our fence or the fines will begin.

We don't have a fence.
Better act fast to build a broken fence, that way you have something to fix.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems we have 7 days from the receipt of the letter to repair the top rail and support of our fence or the fines will begin.

We don't have a fence.
My take on this. (From the peanut gallery):
HOA is adversarial and you might need to be careful. Are they volunteers? I might respond saying they: are in violation of their agreement. This could be useful in case of a later attack. I don’t know enough to tell you to do this but I would at least take Nate’s of names, dates and times and what was said.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on this. (From the peanut gallery):
HOA is adversarial and you might need to be careful.
Yeah...it's an HOA. Been mostly nonexistent for 4 years. But I don't trust them.
Are they volunteers?
Yes.
I might respond saying they: are in violation of their agreement.
I am going to go to the presidents house tonight, he lives across the street, and make sure he knows I don't have a fence. Whatever he says I will ask for in writing.
This could be useful in case of a later attack. I don’t know enough to tell you to do this but I would at least take Nate’s of names, dates and times and what was said.
I am ready to lawyer up.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't have a fence.

Is it possible they simply sent the letter to the wrong address?