• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most Michigan State little brother thing ever

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35701fa65b92aa4a137b029024053c42.jpg

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what context? Certainly nothing we're discussing. The only way that's true is if you start from 1950 and discount the 70's, even then that's absurd because I'm not talking about throwing out any wins. You're reading other comments from people who are just as stupid who jumped in the middle and don't understand the discussion.

I understand it fine. 1990- present Meechitdabedagain leads 14-12. One game away from dead even in the most recent 26 games. You claimed historical domination. Far from it. That's why all meechitdabedagain fans are football-challenged or gay. Same, same.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the head to head. And I'm guessing not a single person on this board remembers an MSU national title. People who do are now in their 60's. Michigan fans get ragged on all the time for going back to the "leather helmet days" and yet, here you are, going back to the days of the sock-hop in order to try and put MSU on some even platform with Michigan.

I'm just using the standard you set forth. You've routinely said if it's isn't an AP/Coaches Poll title it isn't shit(up until the BCS/CFP). Also, going back into those is dumb, I would agree, but college football between 1936 and 1997 determined a national champion one of two ways; an AP/Coaches Poll title.

Between 1936 and 1997 both have 2 AP/Coaches Poll National Titles.

From 1998(BCS/CFP era) to the present time the series between Michigan and MSU is tied at 9-9. Neither team having won a title.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it fine. 1990- present Meechitdabedagain leads 14-12. One game away from dead even in the most recent 26 games. You claimed historical domination. Far from it. That's why all meechitdabedagain fans are football-challenged or gay. Same, same.
You don't seem to understand the argument still, try again.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit as a Spartan I do find it a little odd that a book is being made on that play. Almost as odd as a team that has been dominated by their "third biggest rival" for nearly a decade and still refers to them as a little brother.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just using the standard you set forth. You've routinely said if it's isn't an AP/Coaches Poll title it isn't shit(up until the BCS/CFP). Also, going back into those is dumb, I would agree, but college football between 1936 and 1997 determined a national champion one of two ways; an AP/Coaches Poll title.

Between 1936 and 1997 both have 2 AP/Coaches Poll National Titles.

From 1998(BCS/CFP era) to the present time the series between Michigan and MSU is tied at 9-9. Neither team having won a title.
Yes, from a shorter time span the series is tied. The more decades you include, the more dominant Michigan's record will be over MSU.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, from a shorter time span the series is tied. The more decades you include, the more dominant Michigan's record will be over MSU.

Correct, and both schools still have 2 AP/Coaches Poll Titles in that time frame. Michigan dominated the 70's and 80's against MSU, no denying that, but at the end of the day they are equal in achieving the ultimate prize.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the head to head. And I'm guessing not a single person on this board remembers an MSU national title. People who do are now in their 60's. Michigan fans get ragged on all the time for going back to the "leather helmet days" and yet, here you are, going back to the days of the sock-hop in order to try and put MSU on some even platform with Michigan.
I believe it was you who brought up the last fifty years before the last 8. So it seems like you are throwing back to the sock hop days to make you feel superior.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going back to the days of the sock-hop in order to try and put MSU on some even platform with Michigan.

Nah. We were just going back to 2015 and 2014 and 2013 and 2011 and 2010 and 2009 and 2008. You're the one dialing up Bill & Ted to get to a point where UofM isn't MSU's bitch.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It apparently is "cherry picking" stats by looking at the past 24 years, and saying MSU and Michigan are the same. Despite MSU only having 2 fewer losses AND this being the most recent data. BUT it is not cherry picking or manipulating information by saying "take away the last 8 years and MSU's 7 wins and we dominate". :crazy:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah, there's a reason everyone thinks you're a tool - no need to refresh our memory.

There's the 420 we know and love. When someone points out the hypocrisy of your posts, go to the name calling and talking about "everyone".

Take your blinders off -- You won't have to make excuses for your coach being shady. Once you realize, CFB HC's at top schools are all selfish egomaniacs, life becomes much simpler.

Lastly -- if you are going to call someone a "tool" -- make sure you don't call yourself the best telemarketer in the world on that site.

hqdefault.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It apparently is "cherry picking" stats by looking at the past 24 years, and saying MSU and Michigan are the same.

If we can go back 20+ years and say two teams are the same. I'm sorry to the OSU faithful, but you haven't owned us, because in the last 28 years the game are basically split down the middle. 14-13-1.

WHEW -- thank goodness. All those spankings from OSU was giving me an inferiority complex. Good to know we are the same.:L

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the 420 we know and love. When someone points out the hypocrisy of your posts, go to the name calling and talking about "everyone".

Take your blinders off -- You won't have to make excuses for your coach being shady. Once you realize, CFB HC's at top schools are all selfish egomaniacs, life becomes much simpler.

Lastly -- if you are going to call someone a "tool" -- make sure you don't call yourself the best telemarketer in the world on that site.

View attachment 146915
giphy.gif

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can go back 20+ years and say two teams are the same. I'm sorry to the OSU faithful, but you haven't owned us, because in the last 28 years the game are basically split down the middle. 14-13-1.

WHEW -- thank goodness. All those spankings from OSU was giving me an inferiority complex. Good to know we are the same.:L
YOUR fans stated the past 8 years has no bearing on what is going on (probably since Meatchicken LOST 7 of the last 8), so I dug deeper and went 24. So maybe keep your idiotic fans in check and just admit you have been owned by MSU and have zero reason to talk shit, when you are too busy swallowing MSU's to say anything useful in this debate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make it easier for everyone on here. EVERYONE has owned Michigan over the past decade or so, except Notre Dame for some reason.

Michigan has been horrendous. OSU has pummeled us, sans one year they handed the reign to an inexperienced former player. MSU has pummeled us. They have no only beaten us, but they pushed UM around the majority of the time. It isn't like OSU and MSU were the only teams beating UM though in the B1G.

After Carr left -- Rich Rod went.............6-18 in 3 years in the B1G. 6-18!!!!!!!! Everyone smacked us around.

After Rich Rod was fired -- Hoke happened. Year 1 -- UM had everything possible go right for them and had a cupcake schedule. They were then spoon fed a Va Tech team in a BCS bowl. Reality hit after that and the team went from 11-2 to 8-5 to 7-6 to 5-7. UM also had a losing record in the B1G his last two years.

Before Rich Rod -- UM hadn't lost 5 games in the B1G since 1965. We lost 5 or more conference games 5 of the 7 years before Harbaugh became coach. THAT is how bad UM has been.

Lloyd Carr lost 16 conference games in his last 11 seasons as UM's coach. Rich Rod lost 18 in 3 seasons. UM fans have been suffering for a long time and while Harbaugh is not liked by outside fans, he is the reason for the excitement and hope from UM fans, as he had a ton of success everywhere he has went and none of them have been ideal situations. The combined record of San Diego, Stanford and San Francisco the year before Harbaugh arrived was 8-32. He turned around each program, so for the first time in a while, UM fans have hope.

Overzealous UM fans will argue with MSU and OSU fans, but the fact is -- they both have owned us. But they also were simply more talented and had better coaching. Harbaugh wasn't going to come in, in year 1 and change the talent level on each team. With the graduation of so many players on OSU and MSU -- UM has a fighting chance this year. Once Harbaugh has a few recruiting classes in house -- the games will be much more competitive. Until then, UM is looking up at OSU and MSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make it easier for everyone on here. EVERYONE has owned Michigan over the past decade or so, except Notre Dame for some reason.

Michigan has been horrendous. OSU has pummeled us, sans one year they handed the reign to an inexperienced former player. MSU has pummeled us. They have no only beaten us, but they pushed UM around the majority of the time. It isn't like OSU and MSU were the only teams beating UM though in the B1G.

After Carr left -- Rich Rod went.............6-18 in 3 years in the B1G. 6-18!!!!!!!! Everyone smacked us around.

After Rich Rod was fired -- Hoke happened. Year 1 -- UM had everything possible go right for them and had a cupcake schedule. They were then spoon fed a Va Tech team in a BCS bowl. Reality hit after that and the team went from 11-2 to 8-5 to 7-6 to 5-7. UM also had a losing record in the B1G his last two years.

Before Rich Rod -- UM hadn't lost 5 games in the B1G since 1965. We lost 5 or more conference games 5 of the 7 years before Harbaugh became coach. THAT is how bad UM has been.

Lloyd Carr lost 16 conference games in his last 11 seasons as UM's coach. Rich Rod lost 18 in 3 seasons. UM fans have been suffering for a long time and while Harbaugh is not liked by outside fans, he is the reason for the excitement and hope from UM fans, as he had a ton of success everywhere he has went and none of them have been ideal situations. The combined record of San Diego, Stanford and San Francisco the year before Harbaugh arrived was 8-32. He turned around each program, so for the first time in a while, UM fans have hope.

Overzealous UM fans will argue with MSU and OSU fans, but the fact is -- they both have owned us. But they also were simply more talented and had better coaching. Harbaugh wasn't going to come in, in year 1 and change the talent level on each team. With the graduation of so many players on OSU and MSU -- UM has a fighting chance this year. Once Harbaugh has a few recruiting classes in house -- the games will be much more competitive. Until then, UM is looking up at OSU and MSU.
If you want to say that OSU was more talented than Michigan, OK. But TWO of the upper classes that Michigan had last year were top ten class. MSU has never had a top 15 class and our upper classes were in the 30's. Michigan had plenty of talent on that team last year, they were poorly coached by Hoke. And Michigan fans were talking a ton of shit after Rich Rod and Hoke were hired.