• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most disappointing season ever?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers end up winning it all, this season will step up in the disappointment level a notch or two...Still not losing the NFC Championship at home to them...but still...SB expectations in preseason to no playoffs and the Packers win it all....F*ck...That.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF should be able to handle them easily, and if not them, then KC will finish the job.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being as old as I am....I have seen many, many disappointing seasons.

1986-87 was rough because we expected the Bears to repeat. The rest of the 80's were disappointing when they never got back to the dance again.

2010 sticks out to me immensely because we could have stomped the Packers out and didn't and they let them come into Soldier Field and win the NFC title.

This season was bad....but there has been worse.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want to see them in the SB and listen to two weeks of the media nut hugging Rodgers.
I completely agree, I still think the Niners will take care of the Pack, but in the unlikely event they don't, KC will crush them.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF should be able to handle them easily, and if not them, then KC will finish the job.
There's been plenty of upsets this short playoff season.
If they advance, I can only hope that KC/TEN embarrasses them on a unprecedented level.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not count out Tennessee.
Normally, neither would I and the Titans are without a doubt the feel good story of the playoffs so far. But what I saw in the KC game, being down 24-0, then playing like there was never a doubt in the world that they would destroy Houston, I just think it's their Super Bowl to lose.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, neither would I and the Titans are without a doubt the feel good story of the playoffs so far. But what I saw in the KC game, being down 24-0, then playing like there was never a doubt in the world that they would destroy Houston, I just think it's their Super Bowl to lose.

Houston did some stupid shit that aided that. The fake punt was dumb af.

Tennessee is a bigger force than Houston IMO.

KC may very well roll thru it all. They are certainly talented enough, and Mmahomes is a beast. Kid could end being the GOAT. I'm just saying...Tennessee plays an abusive game.

I'm on the Henry train. CHOO CHOO!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m tickled watching the pack get destroyed right now.

Then I realize the niners scored over 10 more points in one half vs the Packers than we did over two games vs them.

We’re nowhere close boys.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m tickled watching the pack get destroyed right now.

Then I realize the niners scored over 10 more points in one half vs the Packers than we did over two games vs them.

We’re nowhere close boys.

And it just got better...Thanks SF......

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two best teams in the NFL without question will be playing in the Super Bowl. And that's the way it should be.

Who on here would have thought after the SF game in 2018 that we'd be in the sh*tter and they'd be in the Super Bowl?

Bias is real. Sigh.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overheard a stat that ex-Bears accounted for something like 37 points in the NFCCG between Mostert and Gould.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being as old as I am....I have seen many, many disappointing seasons.

1986-87 was rough because we expected the Bears to repeat. The rest of the 80's were disappointing when they never got back to the dance again.

2010 sticks out to me immensely because we could have stomped the Packers out and didn't and they let them come into Soldier Field and win the NFC title.

This season was bad....but there has been worse.

2010 is bad because the Packers ended it and also due to the Cutler saga that surrounded it. But more than that, I think it's the straightest line you can point to us hoisting the Lombardi since 85. Even more so than when we made it in 2006 and lost to Peyton/Indy. I just don't think we really stood a snowball's chance in hell of winning that matchup. They spotted us a Hester TD and an INT on the ensuing drive. Then, they just beat our asses. The 29-17 score was honestly a mirage.

We matched up really well with that Pittsburgh team that GB beat, though. New England was the class far and away in the AFC that year. Then, they got upset by Rex and the Jets. Who also upset Peyton and Indy the week prior. Pittsburgh was "good" but that was it. They were "good". Whoever won between ourselves and GB. They would have had a really, really great shot at winning in the SB. I mean, hell... we nearly forced OT with our 3rd string QB in the NFC Title game. I think it's fair to say we had a great shot if we could have just made it to the big game.

2011 is the most underrated in terms of disappointment to me. They started 2-3 and then Martz really adjusted the offense. They reeled off 5 in a row, scoring 30+ in 4 of them. They finally appeared to have the offense that we had so desperately needed under Lovie. Then, Cutler breaks his thumb joint and Forte goes down with a knee. It all went to hell. The loss to Tebow still hurts to this day. lol

Still... 2014 sucked. Big expectations after Emery went all-in on the defensive side of the ball. Then, it was just a nightmare. Two straight games allowing 50+ to Brady and Rodgers. A new locker room fight every week, it seemed. Brandon Marshall challenging sports talk show hosts and fans to fights. That was the least fun year.

2019 sucked... but I don't think it was the worst. Honestly, 07 sucked following up 06. 09 also sucked after we traded for Cutler and Peter King picked us to win the SB. Then, Urlacher broke his hand.

Again, people are suffering from some recency bias. IMO

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who on here would have thought after the SF game in 2018 that we'd be in the sh*tter and they'd be in the Super Bowl?

Bias is real. Sigh.

Yeah, you could see that they had some pieces coming together defensively towards the end of the year. But the offense was in such a hole with them, we really had no idea about Jimmy G, etc. I knew they had a good coach. But man... them being so dominant was not something that anyone expected.

I do suspect that KC wins but SF was really something all season.

I do wish that New Orleans wouldn't have gotten dropped early, though. Them vs SF was the NFC Title game that the people deserved.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overheard a stat that ex-Bears accounted for something like 37 points in the NFCCG between Mostert and Gould.

I mean, we all know the Gould saga. No need to revisit that.

But... the Mostert thing. It's a bit silly. I think six teams cut him? We were one of them. Would Raheem Mostert have this team or offense in a different spot? No.