• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Mike Trout vs. Bryce Harper" Debate is Dead

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except baseball attendance and revenue has been surging for years and the NBA was virtually dead. Not even close to the same thing.

Attendance dropped after PED's were banned in 2008. PED's are the REASON baseball attendance and revenue has increased. Since its ban, its going to need something for people to keep turning in.

Surprised with all your PED references, you don't even understand what it did for baseball's attendance and reveunue. PED's could be argued, saved baseball from the other major sports.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attendance dropped after PED's were banned in 2008. PED's are the REASON baseball attendance and revenue has increased. Since its ban, its going to need something for people to keep turning in.

Surprised with all your PED references, you don't even understand what it did for baseball's attendance and reveunue. PED's could be argued, saved baseball from the other major sports.

Wow, it's a good thing we have you to explain things to us. :L

Can you please explain why the fielder throws the ball to first after the batter hits the ball? I'm confused.

Atro SYB

Massive Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started this today?

Have you been moonlighting for Miss Cleo’s Psychic Friends Network?

Harper has clearly mind fucked you to a healthy degree.

Guy has no shame, just steals my Miss Cleo bit, no quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Harper debuted in 2012. From his debut season to now, Harper has aggregated the 18th-most fWAR in baseball, despite making his debut in 2012 after playing 21 games in AAA and having injury trouble since then, including only playing in 100 games last season. Over that same span, his 142 wRC+ ties him with Edwin Encarnacion for 10th in all of baseball.

Trout, of course, is first in both, and has clearly been the better player for his career so far, but what Trout has done so far is the stuff of legend. It's simply not a fair indictment on any player to "not have been as good as Trout" so far. I mean, over the same span, Trout has a 10-WAR lead over second-place Andrew McCutchen. That's absurd.

Bryce Harper is one of the best players in baseball, and he's accomplishing that before he turns 23. That's remarkable and shouldn't be diminished. Trout might be having the best start to a career ever, and it's an unfair standard to hold Harper to.

If being a top-20 overall contributor and a top-10 hitter in all of baseball over three and a half seasons before you turn 23 is not living up to the hype, then the hype was unfair.

Atro SYB

Massive Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd flip you a quarter, but I'm not sure if you'd be comfortable with where it's been.

I know where you half-breeds keep your spare e that necklace withange. Give me th
I'd flip you a quarter, but I'm not sure if you'd be comfortable with where it's been.

I presume at some point you had it tucked up your ass along with your wife's diamonds to mark the anniversary of Crystallnacht.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, it's a good thing we have you to explain things to us. :L

Can you please explain why the fielder throws the ball to first after the batter hits the ball? I'm confused.

I didn't have to explain to "us", just you who thought attendance was rising.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know where you half-breeds keep your spare e that necklace withange. Give me th

I presume at some point you had it tucked up your ass along with your wife's diamonds to mark the anniversary of Crystallnacht.

You'll get used to the quote function on this site. Don't know what to tell you about typing with those veinerschnitzle looking digits of yours.

Atro SYB

Massive Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll get used to the quote function on this site. Don't know what to tell you about typing with those veinerschnitzle looking digits of yours.

I'm angry at technology.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have to explain to "us", just you who thought attendance was rising.

Attendance and revenue are rising. Get the basic facts then come back and pretend like you know what you're talking about.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attendance and revenue are rising. Get the basic facts then come back and pretend like you know what you're talking about.

I agree. Attendance and revenue are healthy and growing. I'd also add that the slide in attendance figures in the late aughts were likely more a symptom of the struggling economy than with MLB's PED testing.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Attendance and revenue are healthy and growing. I'd also add that the slide in attendance figures in the late aughts were likely more a symptom of the struggling economy than with MLB's PED testing.

Wtf? which is it? Kiss Hammer's ass or speak the truth of slide in attendance figures?

Attenance will continue to decrease unless PED's are used again to chase some hallowed records.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf? which is it? Kiss Hammer's ass or speak the truth of slide in attendance figures?

Attenance will continue to decrease unless PED's are used again to chase some hallowed records.

Yes, my proclivities towards kissing Hammer's ass are well documented. Right, @HammerDown ?

Attendance and revenue are healthy and growing.

That word, "are," is the present plural of be. Meaning currently.

I'd also add that the slide in attendance figures in the late aughts were likely more a symptom of the struggling economy

"Late aughts" are the late 2000's, and that word, "were," is the past plural of be. Meaning in the past.

It is possible for something to have happened in the past with out it happening currently.

If you need any further explanation regarding past, present and future tenses, I suggest you find someone with the patience to suffer fools.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Bonds 07..since 07 attendance has decreased.

In 2005 MLB set a record for attendance. Was that because Bonds played in 14 games?

In 2006 MLB beat its attendance record from 2005. Bonds was responsible for that too?

In 2007 MLB beat its attendance record from 2006. I guess that was Bonds' doing as well.

It's also curious that the PED testing was introduced in spring of '06, yet attendance set records for two more years.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, my proclivities towards kissing Hammer's ass are well documented. Right, @HammerDown ?

That word, "are," is the present plural of be. Meaning currently.

"Late aughts" are the late 2000's, and that word, "were," is the past plural of be. Meaning in the past.

It is possible for something to have happened in the past with out it happening currently.

If you need any further explanation regarding past, present and future tenses, I suggest you find someone with the patience to suffer fools.

Then both of you are talking out of your ass, attendance hasn't risen since 07 then it dropped in 08. Attenence decreased in 08 and has stayed the same til 14, 2015 is currently on pace to match those same numbers.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then both of you are talking out of your ass, attendance hasn't risen since 07 then it dropped in 08. Attenence decreased in 08 and has stayed the same til 14, 2015 is currently on pace to match those same numbers.

Your graph's data it two years old.

I'd wait to get 2015's results as a whole. You see, people tend to go to more games in June, July and August when kids are out of school and the weather is nicer than they do in April and May. With the new wild card format, more teams are in it in September, so attendance will likely rise then too.

What I've read is that attendance this year is trending up.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry bonds was the increase in 2001 to 2002, there are 3 spike increases, all have to do with star players associated with PEDs.

PED testing in '06, yet Braun made it to '12, testing obviously not the best system, lol

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how PED testing would have a greater effect on MLB attendance than a financial recession.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry bonds was the increase in 2001 to 2002, there are 3 spike increases, all have to do with star players associated with PEDs.

PED testing in '06, yet Braun made it to '12, testing obviously not the best system, lol

Just in case you were wondering, when I rated this post funny, I was being completely sincere. I'm laughing at it. For reals.