• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the middle ground on Dez

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said we should use the cap space to add contracts. I asked how much of the 10M could be rolled over hoping we wouldn't be forced to redo any current contracts and still sign Smith and Bryant.
The link I found simple tells us while we currently haven't 10M in space truth in Melton and Spencer are not counter as of yet because of the way their deals are structured.

With those two along with Martin and Lawrence still waiting to be signed we have between 2 and 3 mil in cap space.

Understood. I never said you did. Was just commenting on the topic you brought up and the article you posted. When all is said and done we will have very little cap space.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys Have Lowest Committed Cash Payroll At The Moment - Blogging The Boys Interesting Colum. Clear things up a little for me it's basically a brief overview of our cap/dead money and how it could affect us moving forward.

This looks to be a very uninformed article. Granted I did not know this when I mentioned 10M in cap space a few days ago but I'm not writing for a blog either, but a lot of that 10M is for Melton and Spencer. They are playing for GAME CHECKS, the more they play the less space we have. If they both play 16 games and we sign our last two picks we have 2 to 3 Monday in cap space.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks to be a very uninformed article. Granted I did not know this when I mentioned 10M in cap space a few days ago but I'm not writing for a blog either, but a lot of that 10M is for Melton and Spencer. They are playing for GAME CHECKS, the more they play the less space we have. If they both play 16 games and we sign our last two picks we have 2 to 3 Monday in cap space.

errrrrrrr

That would be somewhat incorrect. Basically game checks YES..... but that 10 million left over is actually left over.

See the cap figures everyone will meet their every possible bonus ... So it is included.... If they dont... that money will carry over to next season. Not something where if a guy misses 2 games you get to use that season.

2 players left to sign ... will knock it down about 2.5 million leaving you with 7.5 this season .... bring in a few players after other teams release them .... maybe a vet ... probably 1-3 because of injuries during the season

roll over money at best will be less than 3 million ....

The article is basically talking about committed money ..... Which will change once we resign Smith and Dez .... and make a huge change if Melton is here next year.

Look at it like this ... 21 million in dead money THIS year ... less than 5 next year ( Austin) and we are already without signing out 1st 2 picks 3 million shy of the current salary cap next year ( over it once we sign those two)
Now the hopes of the salary cap increasing 10-15 million is enough to sign Dez ... OR bring back Melton ... and still wouldnt be enough to sign next years draft class

So Romo will be restructured ONCE AGAIN and thats what it will take to bring Dez back .... much less Melton ... or to resign Murray or any of the other 2015 Free Agents ....

So yeah the article is misleading as fuck

Base salary being restructured was left out

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
errrrrrrr

That would be somewhat incorrect. Basically game checks YES..... but that 10 million left over is actually left over.

See the cap figures everyone will meet their every possible bonus ... So it is included.... If they dont... that money will carry over to next season. Not something where if a guy misses 2 games you get to use that season.

2 players left to sign ... will knock it down about 2.5 million leaving you with 7.5 this season .... bring in a few players after other teams release them .... maybe a vet ... probably 1-3 because of injuries during the season

The article is basically talking about committed money ..... Which will change once we resign Smith and Dez .... and make a huge change if Melton is here next year.

Look at it like this ... 21 million in dead money THIS year ... less than 5 next year ( Austin) and we are already without signing out 1st 2 picks 3 million shy of the current salary cap next year ( over it once we sign those two)
Now the hopes of the salary cap increasing 10-15 million is enough to sign Dez ... OR bring back Melton ... and still wouldnt be enough to sign next years draft class

So Romo will be restructured ONCE AGAIN and thats what it will take to bring Dez back .... much less Melton ... or to resign Murray or any of the other 2015 Free Agents ....

So your telling me Archer is blowing smoke?

Dallas Cowboys' cap space not what you think - ESPN

"It *does not include the per-game roster bonuses the Cowboys have to keep space for on*Henry Melton*and*Anthony Spencer."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the current year cap generally includes bonus that are likely to be earned, not every possible bonus.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Beasley had a $10M bonus if he won the MVP that wouldn't be included.

If a bonus is included, but ultimately not earned it gets credited back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Romo will be restructured ONCE AGAIN

Yup. Not a question of if, but when and how much. Hopefully the how much won't be near the max like it has been the last couple of years, but knowing the Jones boys and their drunken sailor method of cap management, it likely will...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Beasley had a $10M bonus if he won the MVP that wouldn't be included.

If a bonus is included, but ultimately not earned it gets credited back.

you're right I should have said bonuses LIKELY to be met

For example a Superbowl MVP bonus for a player .... coming off an 8-8 season wouldn't be counted ...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Not a question of if, but when and how much. Hopefully the how much won't be near the max like it has been the last couple of years, but knowing the Jones boys and their drunken sailor method of cap management, it likely will...

I actually expect it to be like the past 2 seasons.... with Romos base going from 17 million to 1 or 1.5 like it has the past two seasons

Jerry is determined to ride this train until he finally crashes it .....

Then everyone can scream even louder it's all Romos fault we are in the situation we are in

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and eventually ... and it is coming to this ..... If we finally paid up on Romo next year ... he would make 27.7 million ....

another restructure .... eventually ... he is going to cost us between 40-50 million 1/3 of the entire team cap

and it may end like the Haynesworth situation in Washington. That hit sends us over the cap .... and we get the penalty like they did

and it's coming ... in the next couple of seasons if we continue on this path

Hell if he had a career ending injury this season .... we would be fucked

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
errrrrrrr

Melton's Cap #'s are already taken out of 2015 cap. So whats to bring him back comment? They already have him counted against the cap in 2015 #'s. Now if he doesn't perform we can get rid of him for close to nothing (250k+) & save 9 mil. But we don't have to figure out how to get his #'s into the cap. they are there. So his situation is much different than Dez.