• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Masters. 2016

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen anyone 6 putt much less 7 putt in all my years watching or playing golf. Big Easy say it ain't so!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Day is breaking right now

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shooting a 10 on the first hole and still ending up with a round of 80 is pretty fucking good

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shooting a 10 on the first hole and still ending up with a round of 80 is pretty fucking good

They subsequently changed his first hole to 9 so it really is not that big of an accomplishment - j/k. Els was a model of keeping your composure under difficult circumstances.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They subsequently changed his first hole to 9 so it really is not that big of an accomplishment - j/k. Els was a model of keeping your composure under difficult circumstances.

Actually it should be easier to maintain your composure knowing you have 17 holes to work that big number down....the rounds like Fowler had make you want to break something.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spieth totally off his game after being warned for slow play. This amateur playing with him is kicking Spieth's arse!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip of the Cap to you Tom Watson... Masters Champ!

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Tom Watson finish up on his last Masters. What a class guy.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This DeChambeau kid is not going away...his name reminds me of the Texas Rangers baseball player Joe Charboneau, the one year wonder. I don't think the golfing kid is a one hit wonde They had songs for Joe Charoneau back in the day

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This DeChambeau kid is not going away...his name reminds me of the Texas Rangers baseball player Joe Charboneau, the one year wonder. I don't think the golfing kid is a one hit wonde They had songs for Joe Charoneau back in the day

the 18th hole screwed him... His two drives.. yikes! He can still come back though!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Johnson missed the cut thanks to a 2 stroke penalty at 13

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Rory and Jordan in the final pairing Saturday....Spieth and company coming back opens up the tournament quite a bit. 2:50 pm should be wall to wall coverage.

Mickelson has imploded on the back nine...from what looked like an auto berth into the weekend now looks to be on the outside looking in. I watched Els' self-destruction on the first yesterday, and I don't care who they are....that was quite bothersome to watch. Like a professional however, he addressed everything after the round.

Just as I was ready to 'accept' his status as one of the big 4, Fowler blows up and reminds us all that he is the only one without a major.....yes he's got The Players, which is the biggest tournament outside of the majors, but perhaps his inclusion is more forced than anything by the media.

Tom Watson goes out in style, as well as Ian Woosnam.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masters gets its dream final pairing
Jay Hart,Yahoo Sports 2 hours 24 minutes ago

AUGUSTA, Ga. — Rory McIlroy has been forgotten about twice. And that's just this week.

He was a hot topic of conversation coming into this Masters, with many wondering if he could

win a green jacket to complete a career Grand Slam. Then Jordan Spieth bolted out of the gate Thursday morning, fired a 6-under 66, which left Rory six strokes back before he even started.

Forget him.

Ohhhh but wait, two birdies on his first three holes Friday put him at 4-under, just two strokes back of Spieth.

Game back on … unnnntil a double bogey at four, bogey at five, bogey at 11 and, with Spieth moving to 8-under, Rory was suddenly eight strokes back.

Done sauce … unnnntil a birdie at 13, one at 15, another at 16 when he drained an improbable 40-footer, and just like that Rory made it back to 3-under for the tournament.

With that, the game is indeed on, as the wind kicked up Friday afternoon, thwarting a Spieth runaway. The defending champ again bolted out of the gate, birdieing two of the first three holes, but he gave it all back and then some, coming in bogey-bogey-par to finish the day 4-over for the tournament.

In the course of 24 hours, McIlroy went from eight strokes back to a spot in Saturday's final pairing. With Jordan Spieth.

The stage is set at golf's greatest theater.

"It would be great for the tournament and create a lot of buzz, but at the same time, I just need to focus on myself and make sure that I play another solid round of golf," McIlroy said after his round of the possibility of being paired with Spieth, who was still on the course. "I've said this from the start, I've been concentrating on myself out there, because if you start to think about anyone else – I've only got the mental capacity to focus on me right now and especially how tough it is out there."

On the day Tom Watson played in his final Masters, the Spieth-McIlroy pairing provided an obvious symmetry. For it was Watson who for years played foe to Jack Nicklaus, providing golf with one of its great rivalries, something the sport has been in search of for a few decades.

Tiger Woods never really had one, other than history, and though the players will downplay it, it's a matter of fact that rivalries make for good theater. And pitting the world's two most popular golfers against one another would make great theater.

"I don't really look at the names on the left of the leaderboard; I'm looking at the number that's on the very far right just to see how many shots I'm back," McIlroy said Friday when asked if seeing Spieth at the top of the leaderboard makes a difference. "Doesn't make a difference to me who it is up there."

Anyone buying that? Anyone think if McIlroy looks up to the leaderboard and sees Danny Lee's name above his he has the same feeling if it were Spieth's?

No disrespect to Lee, but he's an eighth-year pro with one PGA Tour victory who's made the cut twice in five career major appearances. Jordan Spieth is, well, Jordan Spieth.

When Spieth's name is on top, everyone is thinking two things: We got to catch him because he's not coming back to the field; and I want to beat the defending champ.

The reality is Spieth is where McIlroy once was and wants to be again: the guy to beat. Spieth went 1-1-T4-2 in majors last year, eclipsing McIlroy's own two-major-win season in 2014, and suddenly the then 21-year-old Spieth, not the 26-year-old McIlroy, was golf's next biggest star.

Forgotten before, forgotten again, until a couple of birdies on the back nine of Augusta put him right back into the conversation.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that skip shot was several years ago in the par 3 contest if I recall. His playing partner skipped it across onto the green right before and VJ followed it up with that shot.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Day with the putt of the tournament.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great to watch. Way better than seeing a bunch of guys close to 10 under going into Sunday. Get to see the full skill set of these guys in these harsh conditions on a tough course.