• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Masters. 2016

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing, nothing gets you fired up for the Masters better then the CBS Masters theme song, so give it a listen at the bottom.

What can you say, you could not ask for a better group of young talent for this event. These guys are not just the young stars on tour, they are proven major winners. And I will include Ricky in that conversation because his playoff win at the players was majoresque.

Is there any doubt that Day is the favorite here? (injuries the only wildcard)
And his best competition could come from a fellow Aussie Adam Scott.

Defending champ Jordon Spieth ...With this major under his belt I expect him to just plod along
off the first page and then look out when the weekend starts. It won't be a birdie fest ...he will
just make less mistakes then everybody else.

My favorite Rory ....his game is right there but this is the Masters. Rory has murdered many golf courses with his broad sword. But to kill Augusta you need a patient, subtle attack with a stiletto blade to the back one that it never sees coming. I see him floating around the 15th spot give or take but the little things that you need to do well do not seem to be dialed in. Especially the putting.

Tiger. The Masters I find is the only time of the year when you can get some truth to what Tiger is up to.
Never believe a single word he says. Tiger knows as well as anyone paying attention that Augusta is the only way he can catch Jack. He knows this course and his game is so suited for it, he could win this at anytime. If Tiger misses this Masters ....then there must be some serious issues going on and i don't mean injuries.

Biggest threat that nobody will talk about Bubba.

If one of these guys won it, it would really blow up the tour (and they could), Ricky or Sergio

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to believe that Day and Spieth are the big favorites here. The golf of the last few days was a good teaser for the fans. Rory was certainly bombing the hell out of the ball at times, but man some of his putts were atrocious. Can't wait.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about Augusta, but North GA in general has had a wet winter to date. That will favor the long boys if the course plays wet/damp...at the same time, we're still two weeks out, a week or so of dry weather could have it playing fast.

@R.J. MacReady...Tiger...call it something else then...things are very hush on a comeback attempt for Tiger...idt we're going to see him tee it up at Augusta.

I think he knows this is the last time...if he's can't stay on the course and finish a tourney, he may as well call it a career.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about Augusta, but North GA in general has had a wet winter to date. That will favor the long boys if the course plays wet/damp...at the same time, we're still two weeks out, a week or so of dry weather could have it playing fast.

@R.J. MacReady...Tiger...call it something else then...things are very hush on a comeback attempt for Tiger...idt we're going to see him tee it up at Augusta.

I think he knows this is the last time...if he's can't stay on the course and finish a tourney, he may as well call it a career.

All of the Augusta greens have a piping system underneath them. They can either pump in air or pump out water.
The rumor is they can get those greens just how they want them within a couple of hours after a down pour.

Which is why me & Tiger actually agreed on something and were critical of Augusta's management. A couple of years ago they did not turn this system on after some rain and the greens were not up to the standard. they were way slower then normal.

I'll never forget the look on Kevin Na's face when he put the ball on the green in 2. (Azelia par 5)
I think he planned to go a little long and end up in the bunker but the ball just landed like a stone in mud.

He could not get the smile off his face.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the Augusta greens have a piping system underneath them. They can either pump in air or pump out water.
The rumor is they can get those greens just how they want them within a couple of hours after a down pour.

Which is why me & Tiger actually agreed on something and were critical of Augusta's management. A couple of years ago they did not turn this system on after some rain and the greens were not up to the standard. they were way slower then normal.

I'll never forget the look on Kevin Na's face when he put the ball on the green in 2. (Azelia par 5)
I think he planned to go a little long and end up in the bunker but the ball just landed like a stone in mud.

He could not get the smile off his face.

Yep...the greens had that subair drainage system installed several years...the rain/wet weather slows down the fairways and make it play a lot longer...especially the up hill tee shots....when they are hard and fast...a shorter, but straight hitter has a legit chance...since they stopped adding length every year, the only wet Masters I can remember won by a moderate length player was Mike Weir....it was dry when Zack won it. Spieth is not short, but not a bomber either...fairly dry LY.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Champ ain't some friggin' ferigner!!!

I do. however, have to give props to Charl Schwartzal. Just how in the fuck do you birdie 15,16,17 & 18 on Masters Sunday? Holy shit what a run of holes.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get "fired up" for golf, you need to check your Dockers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masters favorites.

The 1st major should be pretty exciting...we know the big 3 or whatever, but Adam Scott, Bubba, Fowler, Rose...all playing pretty well and Phil is not playing bad.

If I had to pick one right now...I like Bubba.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masters favorites.

The 1st major should be pretty exciting...we know the big 3 or whatever, but Adam Scott, Bubba, Fowler, Rose...all playing pretty well and Phil is not playing bad.

If I had to pick one right now...I like Bubba.

The first major should be exciting but I still hate the fact the moved the "The Players" pass the Masters.
The Players was always my unofficial start of the season. Now my favorite Major just starts to early.

One second the wife is handing me a box of sweaters to store in the shed for the summer and BOOM , the Masters is over.

Bubba is a real threat that will get no air time. The young guns have kinda drained his popularity

The Aussie connection is where I would go.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first major should be exciting but I still hate the fact the moved the "The Players" pass the Masters.
The Players was always my unofficial start of the season. Now my favorite Major just starts to early.

One second the wife is handing me a box of sweaters to store in the shed for the summer and BOOM , the Masters is over.

Bubba is a real threat that will get no air time. The young guns have kinda drained his popularity

The Aussie connection is where I would go.

I kind of like the Players in May to have 5 big events Apr thru July without a gap...the course is more ready as well, in late March...the bermuda grass is starting to come out of dormancy, but the overseed rye grass is not quite dead yet...that transition is all smoothed out in May.

The Masters does come fast because you come out of football season, FA, the draft, and before you know it, it's Masters Week.

Bubba...exactly how he wants it so he says...he likes it that they are taking the spotlight and he can just play golf.

Aussies...not a bad bet there...if Day's back is fine, I would make him the favorite actually. To win at Augusta you've got to make a crap load of 3 to 6' putts most of them with a fair amount of break...He putted great at the Honda, and Doral, but I still don't know if Scott has the putter to win on that track. His ball striking is on right now...that should take some pressure off his putter.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before playing golf I used to say the same thing.

You just get into it.

Agree totally. Also - IMO golf is more exciting than say baseball or soccer most times.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing, nothing gets you fired up for the Masters better then the CBS Masters theme song, so give it a listen at the bottom.

What can you say, you could not ask for a better group of young talent for this event. These guys are not just the young stars on tour, they are proven major winners. And I will include Ricky in that conversation because his playoff win at the players was majoresque.

Is there any doubt that Day is the favorite here? (injuries the only wildcard)
And his best competition could come from a fellow Aussie Adam Scott.

Defending champ Jordon Spieth ...With this major under his belt I expect him to just plod along
off the first page and then look out when the weekend starts. It won't be a birdie fest ...he will
just make less mistakes then everybody else.

My favorite Rory ....his game is right there but this is the Masters. Rory has murdered many golf courses with his broad sword. But to kill Augusta you need a patient, subtle attack with a stiletto blade to the back one that it never sees coming. I see him floating around the 15th spot give or take but the little things that you need to do well do not seem to be dialed in. Especially the putting.

Tiger. The Masters I find is the only time of the year when you can get some truth to what Tiger is up to.
Never believe a single word he says. Tiger knows as well as anyone paying attention that Augusta is the only way he can catch Jack. He knows this course and his game is so suited for it, he could win this at anytime. If Tiger misses this Masters ....then there must be some serious issues going on and i don't mean injuries.

Biggest threat that nobody will talk about Bubba.

If one of these guys won it, it would really blow up the tour (and they could), Ricky or Sergio

I didn't see bold type this earlier...Fowler could win this thing and he'd be a flatout rock star.

Sergio...it would be a huge monkey off his back, but I don't think he will win at Augusta

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, Sergio will bring down Sergio himself....almost have to think his Players win was a fluke. His honesty is somewhat refreshing but man, he basically admits he's pretty fragile mentally. A Fowler win is something the tour is pulling for, and he's starting to put together a resume that makes him someone to legitimately look for.

With his putting and scrambling really showing up, added with his immense power, Jason Day's game looks on target. He seems to be an injury waiting to happen however, but his last 12 months have truly established himself as one of the best out there. Bubba took it in '12 and '14.......could he make it happen in '16? Phil has rebounded and shown some form.....that would be a story if he's in contention Sunday back nine.

Spieth.....I dunno....his irons haven't been as sharp it seems. You can't discount him, given the talent and his track record at Augusta. A McIlroy win would forever cement his legacy - Grand Slam - and would slam a lot of doors shut, much like he did when he collapsed at the Masters, then destroyed everyone at the US Open. His putting has been spotty lately, and unless you're completely zeroed in with your irons, the last place you'll find your stroke with the flat stick is Augusta.

As always, I'm pulling for Kaymer, but his game lately has been somewhat poor, and this course just hasn't fit his eye.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't care who wins it , I just want a leaderboard filled with guys within 2 shots of each other. There are so many good guys in the game now I find it hard to pull for anyone , except I always root for Phil. Let's just hope it's close , we have some big names up there and a couple lower tier guys making a name for themselves. Can't wait for this to get going.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke too soon - let's all pray Patrick Reed gets cut and we don't have to see the asshole all weekend. Can't believe I forgot him.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's handling the pool this year?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, Sergio will bring down Sergio himself....almost have to think his Players win was a fluke. His honesty is somewhat refreshing but man, he basically admits he's pretty fragile mentally. A Fowler win is something the tour is pulling for, and he's starting to put together a resume that makes him someone to legitimately look for.

With his putting and scrambling really showing up, added with his immense power, Jason Day's game looks on target. He seems to be an injury waiting to happen however, but his last 12 months have truly established himself as one of the best out there. Bubba took it in '12 and '14.......could he make it happen in '16? Phil has rebounded and shown some form.....that would be a story if he's in contention Sunday back nine.

Spieth.....I dunno....his irons haven't been as sharp it seems. You can't discount him, given the talent and his track record at Augusta. A McIlroy win would forever cement his legacy - Grand Slam - and would slam a lot of doors shut, much like he did when he collapsed at the Masters, then destroyed everyone at the US Open. His putting has been spotty lately, and unless you're completely zeroed in with your irons, the last place you'll find your stroke with the flat stick is Augusta.

As always, I'm pulling for Kaymer, but his game lately has been somewhat poor, and this course just hasn't fit his eye.

Good points.

Sergio would have to win running away...his putter won't hold up under pressure if it's tight. I always thought he'd win a British or PGA...such a good ball striker...at this point I'm not sure if he has the confidence to win a major at all.

IMO Fowler has already arrived, but a major makes him a legit superstar on tour...the media is just waiting...Bubba in the background is a bigger threat than being out front...that's why I like him next week. Kaymer geared up to win the Masters and screwed up his swing...since recovered it, I think he'll just play his game now and let the chips fall where they may.