• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correcto mondo Smed. A lot of positivity was experienced by the Rams and its fans when he left.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High fives all around! :lol:

Retro - how was your Easter my man? Hope things are getting good for you.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, SJ76 for your concern. My Easter was decent. Very quiet. It was the aftermath that really sucked. I suspect things will not get better for awhile yet. We shall see. How are things with you?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a correlation between a certain someone no longer being on this team and thus less negativity!
You mean...

No Sam, No Smed?​

:nono:

Want something to talk about?

Essentially by the cut to 53....

Davis = Camp Arm, 2015 :lol:

IF..We draft an early round QB.

He can play out of that distinction, but I doubt it.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree some of the negativity has left. Not sure that's 100% because of the Bradford trade. But hang in there. We have the looming move. The draft, camp, and preseason. And the coming Bradford Probowl year. Its all good.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, SJ76 for your concern. My Easter was decent. Very quiet. It was the aftermath that really sucked. I suspect things will not get better for awhile yet. We shall see. How are things with you?

Dam bro. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. Sounds like the industry I work in right now. We are hopefully at the bottom with hopes of seeing some light soon. :L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, those camel jockeys in the Middle East are taking it up the butt. Fracking and horizontal drilling has caused a massive amount of supply. Your industry is going to taking a beating for quite awhile, unfortunately.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, those camel jockeys in the Middle East are taking it up the butt. Fracking and horizontal drilling has caused a massive amount of supply. Your industry is going to taking a beating for quite awhile, unfortunately.

UNLESS those bastards start blowing each other up.. I'm tempted to take my ass over there - I'm a helluva instigator. :D

War is the only thing that would make an immediate impact. Otherwise, we wait for production to go down - which looks like late 2015 or early 16. And that's looking thru Rosey glasses.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
camel-jockey-cameljockey-misc-bb-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-164.gif

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey SJ76: There is a job advertisement under the "government" category on Craigslist that is the CIA offering employment to go over seas and work in the intel realm of things. Interested?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey SJ76: There is a job advertisement under the "government" category on Craigslist that is the CIA offering employment to go over seas and work in the intel realm of things. Interested?

Not sure if I trust craig'slist. It might be a scam and i'll get someone from Nigeria eventually call me about a $30,000 check that is all mine.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If fracking keeps causing an enormous increase in earthquake activity, there may be a moratorium in the future, at least in problem areas.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I trust craig'slist. It might be a scam and i'll get someone from Nigeria eventually call me about a $30,000 check that is all mine.

I checked on it. It is legit. I believe there is a government link listed in the advertisement. I am too old because they have an age restriction. I was considering it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If fracking keeps causing an enormous increase in earthquake activity, there may be a moratorium in the future, at least in problem areas.

It's interesting to say the least. Most of the quakes in North TX and Oklahoma have been under 3.0, which many argue is easing tension between 2 plates and helps avoid bigger quakes. No one really knows to this point what is causing the quakes for certain.

I heard fracking is now responsible for Tornadoes in Oklahoma as well. :L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea SJ76. Fracking causes everything even global warming or climate change. I thought you knew that?:lol:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. So it's not a possibility that forcing waste water into the ground is causing the huge increase (100X per year above average) in earthquakes?

"Here's a more concrete example of the Oklahoma scientists' skepticism, from Bloomberg:

Even when earthquakes appeared strongly correlated to wastewater injection, OGS has been reluctant to discuss a connection. In September 2013 a new disposal well was turned on in Love County in southern Oklahoma. Soon, quakes began to jolt the area, sometimes several a day.

The well reached its peak daily injection of more than 9,000 barrels of wastewater on Sept. 20, 2013. Three days later the area experienced a magnitude 3.4 quake, moving furniture inside homes and knocking down a chimney. Injection at the well was curtailed, then stopped altogether. The seismic activity dipped almost immediately.

Still, the OGS hesitated to link the two. “We cannot rule out that this observation could be simply a coincidence,” Holland wrote in a report a week later. In early October, Holland spoke at a town hall meeting in Love County, where he again said no conclusions could be drawn about the cause of the quakes.

All of this said, Holland "recently told Bloomberg that the vast majority of the increase in earthquakes is due to the injection of oil and gas wastewater" and "bristles at any suggestion that industry pressure slowed him from reaching that conclusion."

Read more: Oklahoma scientists fracking and earthquakes - Business Insider

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it's not a possibility. I said no one is certain. Every scientist has an opinion. I don't think it's a coincidence, but I know the quakes haven't been over 3.0-3.5.

We want to point the finger at something always. But i'd have to do more research.

As far as "water waste" in fracking, they are getting better. Water and sand make up 98 to 99.5 percent of the fluid used in hydraulic fracturing, along with chemical additives. The exact formulation varies depending on the well.

Here's another opinion:

According to the U.S. Geographical Survey (USGS), “more than 300 earthquakes above a magnitude 3.0 occurred in the three years from 2010-2012, compared with an average rate of 21 events per year from 1967-2000” (Ellsworth, 2013). There is still debate about exactly how much of this seismicity is man-made, but it is generally accepted that there are places where earthquakes are clearly associated with the deep injection of wastewater. These earthquakes are rarely noticeable, let alone powerful enough to cause annoyance or damage, but the idea of any sort of man-made seismicity is enough to alarm the public.
The problem is, from a scientific standpoint, induced seismicity on the small scale that is occurring at now is not enough of an issue to garner research and solutions being presented. The public associates earthquakes with high risk, and, as a whole, rejects the idea of any sort of manmade earthquake as an acceptable side effect of fracking. “The current regulatory frameworks for wastewater disposal wells were designed to protect potable water sources from contamination and do not address seismic safety”

Ali Venosa: A Breakdown of Chemicals in traditional fracking fluid | Marcellus

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Process of fracking

This will break down the casing and cementing around it - thru the water table. Notice fracking occurs thousands of feet below the water table.

The technology like I said is getting better. And I am all ears if someone has a different opinion or solution to our energy in the US.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it's not a possibility. I said no one is certain. Every scientist has an opinion. I don't think it's a coincidence, but I know the quakes haven't been over 3.0-3.5.

We want to point the finger at something always. But i'd have to do more research.

As far as "water waste" in fracking, they are getting better. Water and sand make up 98 to 99.5 percent of the fluid used in hydraulic fracturing, along with chemical additives. The exact formulation varies depending on the well.

Here's another opinion:

According to the U.S. Geographical Survey (USGS), “more than 300 earthquakes above a magnitude 3.0 occurred in the three years from 2010-2012, compared with an average rate of 21 events per year from 1967-2000” (Ellsworth, 2013). There is still debate about exactly how much of this seismicity is man-made, but it is generally accepted that there are places where earthquakes are clearly associated with the deep injection of wastewater. These earthquakes are rarely noticeable, let alone powerful enough to cause annoyance or damage, but the idea of any sort of man-made seismicity is enough to alarm the public.
The problem is, from a scientific standpoint, induced seismicity on the small scale that is occurring at now is not enough of an issue to garner research and solutions being presented. The public associates earthquakes with high risk, and, as a whole, rejects the idea of any sort of manmade earthquake as an acceptable side effect of fracking. “The current regulatory frameworks for wastewater disposal wells were designed to protect potable water sources from contamination and do not address seismic safety”

Ali Venosa: A Breakdown of Chemicals in traditional fracking fluid | Marcellus

And for the record, waste water disposal wells account for maybe 40% of the wells being drilled today.

The question I have is: Are we basically lubing the plates, while fracking to cause these "slips" or quakes? And if so, it is releasing pressure that might have been a big quake someday or what?
Even scientists are scratching their heads.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quakes Are Sam's fault! the plates are out of balance. He's from Oklahoma. To much Fracking dink n dunking