• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I just got released from prison for somebody else's crime! Bradford just stole a bunch of money and years from the Rams and their fans and then skipped town without any punishment. Well, I live very near Philadelphia, and I can safely say if the kitten does stay in Philly, and he doesn't play up to par....Well let's just say he won't be safe going out in public. Guess we have to grudgingly root for him to do well for 8 games because of the draft picks, but what goes around comes around and then I hope the greedy little*$&# gets the $&!# kicked out of him.

I think Kelly is all in on him. He gave up all his trade bait as in star players , now he gives us a couple picks? I don't see how he can move up anymore. Sam is an Eagle.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the picks are now clear and we really did get a good deal.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone gotten a viable confirmation on whether or not 1st round picks are involved? I earlier had read that they are, but everything else only mentions the 2nd and the conditional picks.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I just got released from prison for somebody else's crime! Bradford just stole a bunch of money and years from the Rams and their fans and then skipped town without any punishment. Well, I live very near Philadelphia, and I can safely say if the kitten does stay in Philly, and he doesn't play up to par....Well let's just say he won't be safe going out in public. Guess we have to grudgingly root for him to do well for 8 games because of the draft picks, but what goes around comes around and then I hope the greedy little*$&# gets the $&!# kicked out of him.

LOL.....It will be interesting to see how this transpires. We might as well kiss that conditional pick goodbye. There is NO WAY in hell he will last 8 games! All I can say is if SAMMY plays in pre season, there is a great chance he will get hurt again.

BOSS....I'll bet you that Dirty Sanchez will beat Sammy out as well!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Kinda like the kid in the pizza commercial "You gotta be kidding me!" If it all holds up its a pretty good move by a so called mediocre coach and staff.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we get huge cap space, a new QB in Foles, a 4th rounder this year, and we give up a 5th this year. We get a 2nd next year no matter what happens to Bradford on the Eagles end. If Sammie sticks around with the Eagles and fails to play 8 games or gets hurt and doesn't play much, we will cough up an additional 3rd or 4th depending which of these conditions Sammie satisfies (see the details at any a number of sports venues).

If Sammy gets dumped or packaged, we still get the 4th and give up the 5th this year and we get the 2nd next year. Those are locked in. The conditional stuff with us coughing up an additional 3rd or 4th goes away. Foles is very happy about being the starter for the Rams and getting out of Philly. So we made out like bandits for sure and we may have a QB for more than just a year if things work out.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to make sense of Eagles' decision to trade Nick Foles for Sam Bradford | NJ.com

Good breakdown in this article.

This below makes me think Chip is an ego-maniac that wants his own footprint on this team and getting rid of all of Andy Reid's players was high on the list. Chip seems very Mad Mike Martz-ish.

Is Bradford now the "franchise quarterback"?
That answer is no, and getting that straightened out really helps to understand the trade.
Kelly wouldn't commit to Foles after the quarterback won him an NFC East title, a Pro Bowl MVP and threw 27 touchdowns and two interceptions. He wouldn't commit to DeSean Jackson after a 1,332 yard season, and he wouldn't commit to LeSean McCoy after becoming the franchise's all-time leading rusher.
So, no — Kelly likely isn't handing the keys to the franchise over to Bradford, a guy with a one-year contract given to him by another team. Nor is Kelly tying his coaching career to Bradford before even one practice.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammie still may get packaged on draft day because Kelly has a stiffy for his boy MM. We shall see how all this plays out.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think smed is in a sugar like coma.... :faint:

This deal has to be just too sweet for him!

Someone better call a medic!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news I think all should concede to Coug, myself included.

:hail:

Coug has said all along that Sam had good trade value and most of us just laughed and laughed and laughed at him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coug has said all along that Sam had good trade value and most of us just laughed and laughed and laughed at him.

Lol this is true. Thanks! Not going to lie though I didn't think a team would take on his salary. When they could've just waited for the Rams to cut him. Other teams must have had interst too. I like the trade with the picks and the Cap space created. BUT I don't think Foles has Sams arm talent. But with the Cap issue and his staying healthy questions not to mention we get better picks this was a complete no Brainer trade.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Shurmur's Kool-Aid passed on to Chip and they now have the Zombie/Samantha strain aka the Sam8 virus

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually watched the news yesterday and last night. NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox all Philly feeds. Before the trade was final the "sports" guys were all hoping it was with a switch of 1st so they could move up higher to get MM. All the fans interviewed were really pissed. It only got better when the details came out. My favorite was one fan who was trying to a diplomat about give Chip a chance and half way through stopped because she couldn't keep a straight face.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shurmur did some selling to Kelly is probably closer to the truth but I'll concede to Cougar on that point. By the way, for those still confused here is a one-more-time look at the deal.

We get a huge increase in cap space, a new QB that wants to be a Ram and may end-up staying longer than a year if things click, Philly's 4th rounder in this year's draft and Philly's 2nd rounder in next year's draft, we give up our 5th rounder in this year's draft. Those are locked in.

The rest of the conditional stuff is as follows: If Bradford, who is coming off a second ACL tear, misses the entire 2015 season, the Eagles get a third-round pick in 2016. If he plays less than 50 percent of the snaps, they get a 2016 fourth-rounder. There’s no conditional pick if he plays more than 50 percent of the downs. If he gets cut or packaged, we still get the locked in picks listed above meaning the 4th this year, the 2nd next year, and we yield our 5th this year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shurmur did some selling to Kelly is probably closer to the truth but I'll concede to Cougar on that point. By the way, for those still confused here is a one-more-time look at the deal.

We get a huge increase in cap space, a new QB that wants to be a Ram and may end-up staying longer than a year if things click, Philly's 4th rounder in this year's draft and Philly's 2nd rounder in next year's draft, we give up our 5th rounder in this year's draft. Those are locked in.

The rest of the conditional stuff is as follows: If Bradford, who is coming off a second ACL tear, misses the entire 2015 season, the Eagles get a third-round pick in 2016. If he plays less than 50 percent of the snaps, they get a 2016 fourth-rounder. There’s no conditional pick if he plays more than 50 percent of the downs. If he gets cut or packaged, we still get the locked in picks listed above meaning the 4th this year, the 2nd next year, and we yield our 5th this year.
You know worse case scenario for next year regarding the trade stipulations....

We in affect have traded away our 3rd for Philly's 2nd.

If the Eagles suck enough and we do well enough to make the playoffs, that could end up looking like we traded away our low 90's overall pick for their mid 30's overall pick!

If Sam does start 8 games for the Eagles, let's still hope they loose and loose often.

We could end up getting pick No. 33 and paying nothing more!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree Vita. As usual, you have stated with such clarity what occurred yesterday that when people see this there is no other response than we fleeced Kelly and Philly bigtime and Snisher orchestrated the heist perfectly.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly just did a live presser on NFL Network.. He was back peddling and said another team offered a 1st rounder to Chip for Bradford this morning. Also said they have no intentions of trading Sam and/or getting MM - said they would salvage the farm for 1 player.

He said they are trying to win championships and bring in elite talent to the Eagles. He said Sam/Mark Sanchez are the QBs he wants.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is about to find out the "elite" talent he has at QB when he just gave a very good QB to the Rams. And Foles wanted out and is very happy he is a Ram! Me thinks this is going to be a very good year already!!