• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your actually quoting stuff that you have made up lol. I said any team that needed a quarterback that year would've took Sam with the first pick. How is this not true?? All the scouts did love him coming out maybe he didn't have a perfect grade but that doesn't mean he still wouldn't have been the first QB taken. Do you not remember the hype? And do you really Think he wouldnt be the number one pick coming out this year? Sorry he would be. Teams would have checked out the shoulder and passed him just like the Rams did.

Sorry, but Bradford wasn't even supposed to be the first pick the year he came out. Suh was far and away the best prospect in that draft coming out of college. In my lifetime I can remember very few times where a guy has been a guaranteed superstar(like O.Pace), Suh is one of those players.
Yes, Sam was the #1 rated QB that year in the draft, but he was most definitely not the #1 rated player.

When you have the number one overall pick, you don't take the best player that fits your needs, you take the best rated player or you trade the pick. This is the problem the Rams have had for years. Taking the player that best fits what they need, not the best player available.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but Bradford wasn't even supposed to be the first pick the year he came out. Suh was far and away the best prospect in that draft coming out of college. In my lifetime I can remember very few times where a guy has been a guaranteed superstar(like O.Pace), Suh is one of those players.
Yes, Sam was the #1 rated QB that year in the draft, but he was most definitely not the #1 rated player.

When you have the number one overall pick, you don't take the best player that fits your needs, you take the best rated player or you trade the pick. This is the problem the Rams have had for years. Taking the player that best fits what they need, not the best player available.

Well sorry to tell you that's not how the NFL works. Everyone knew Suh was rated Slightly higher then Sam that year. But the Rans didn't need s DT they needed a QB. And A franchise QB will always get the nod if you need one. No different this year. Williams the DT this year is the best and safest player in the draft hands down but will he go #1?? No he won't because the Bucs need a QB so that's who they will pick.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sorry to tell you that's not how the NFL works. Everyone knew Suh was rated Slightly higher then Sam that year. But the Rans didn't need s DT they needed a QB. And A franchise QB will always get the nod if you need one. No different this year. Williams the DT this year is the best and safest player in the draft hands down but will he go #1?? No he won't because the Bucs need a QB so that's who they will pick.

That's not how it works? When you have a once in a generation talent like Suh, that is how it works. Don't act like you know better in any way, shape or form than I do, because you don't. You take the sure thing, the guy who people were calling a sure-fire Hall Of Fame player before he even played an NFL snap.

Williams this year isn't near the same caliber of prospect as Suh was, so your comparison is apples to oranges.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how it works? When you have a once in a generation talent like Suh, that is how it works. Don't act like you know better in any way, shape or form than I do, because you don't. You take the sure thing, the guy who people were calling a sure-fire Hall Of Fame player before he even played an NFL snap.

Williams this year isn't near the same caliber of prospect as Suh was, so your comparison is apples to oranges.

No Williams isnt rated as high as Suh but he still is the safest pick in this draft and Is rated the highest. So tell me why isn't he going #1? Because the QB will always get preference. You are looking with hindsight yes Suh was a sure thing but so was Sam and the Rams needed a QB. So if you are the gm of a team and your job is on the line not like you sitting on your sofa you have to gamble on the QB because it is by far the most important position on the field. The quarterback touches the ball every play. Not a defense of tackle. You don't win without a QB period.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Williams isnt rated as high as Suh but he still is the safest pick in this draft and Is rated the highest. So tell me why isn't he going #1? Because the QB will always get preference. You are looking with hindsight yes Suh was a sure thing but so was Sam and the Rams needed a QB. So if you are the gm of a team and your job is on the line not like you sitting on your sofa you have to gamble on the QB because it is by far the most important position on the field. The quarterback touches the ball every play. Not a defense of tackle. You don't win without a QB period.

The 5-10 players at the top of this years draft are very closely rated. This was not the case the year Bradford was drafted. While you are right, the QB is definitely the most important position on the field, Suh was a man among boys in college football, He was literally unstoppable. I'm not looking in hindsight, he was the guy I always wanted in that draft at #1. I put up with the Bradford pick because as a loyal Rams fan I had to, but I didn't then and still don't have to love it. Its not like we couldn't use a dominant DT back then, we weren't set at the position by any means.
I'm a draftnick, I have been since I was a kid, I used to study this stuff from all sorts of different sources. I even used to go to the draft sometimes just to hang out and talk to NFL people for inside info. So yes, I know what I'm talking about, for the most part lol...

Also, if the front office and coaches were so worried about their jobs, you don't put all your eggs in the basket of a rookie QB, unless they're idiots. Yes, we did win more games Bradford's rookie year as opposed to the year before, but with good draft position, free agency and only winning one game the previous season, wouldn't the odds say you'll win a few more?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5-10 players at the top of this years draft are very closely rated. This was not the case the year Bradford was drafted. While you are right, the QB is definitely the most important position on the field, Suh was a man among boys in college football, He was literally unstoppable. I'm not looking in hindsight, he was the guy I always wanted in that draft at #1. I put up with the Bradford pick because as a loyal Rams fan I had to, but I didn't then and still don't have to love it. Its not like we couldn't use a dominant DT back then, we weren't set at the position by any means.
I'm a draftnick, I have been since I was a kid, I used to study this stuff from all sorts of different sources. I even used to go to the draft sometimes just to hang out and talk to NFL people for inside info. So yes, I know what I'm talking about, for the most part lol...

Also, if the front office and coaches were so worried about their jobs, you don't put all your eggs in the basket of a rookie QB, unless they're idiots. Yes, we did win more games Bradford's rookie year as opposed to the year before, but with good draft position, free agency and only winning one game the previous season, wouldn't the odds say you'll win a few more?

I know you know what your talking about. Your a draft junkie like me. Yes a lot of people wanted Suh. I'm just trying to point out what NFL teams actually do. Try to find a team picking 1 that needed a QB that picked another position. Last year houston did need a QB but there simply was not one to take at 1 especially with all the Clowney hype. And don't forget how highly rated Bradford was coming out espn had him at 97 in the ratings. So I agree Suh should have been the pick but teams won't pass a potential franchise QB because you never know when you will have the opportunity to get one again.

I don't think they do win 7 games without bradford that year. Maybe 3 by like you say by default but a QB is the only position that can really add wins.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you know what your talking about. Your a draft junkie like me. Yes a lot of people wanted Suh. I'm just trying to point out what NFL teams actually do. Try to find a team picking 1 that needed a QB that picked another position. Last year houston did need a QB but there simply was not one to take at 1 especially with all the Clowney hype. And don't forget how highly rated Bradford was coming out espn had him at 97 in the ratings. So I agree Suh should have been the pick but teams won't pass a potential franchise QB because you never know when you will have the opportunity to get one again.

I don't think they do win 7 games without bradford that year. Maybe 3 by like you say by default but a QB is the only position that can really add wins.

Ya your right we don't go 7-9 without Sammie in a weak division that year!LOL
Then we don't go 1-9 the next year without him either, right? And then we don't go 7-8-1 and following up with a 3-4 with him the next year? Ya, Theres no way we put up these amazing records without Sammie, I see your point now, you've convinced me! not! Lol

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your actually quoting stuff that you have made up lol. I said any team that needed a quarterback that year would've took Sam with the first pick. How is this not true?? All the scouts did love him coming out maybe he didn't have a perfect grade but that doesn't mean he still wouldn't have been the first QB taken. Do you not remember the hype? And do you really Think he wouldnt be the number one pick coming out this year? Sorry he would be. Teams would have checked out the shoulder and passed him just like the Rams did.

You can put your little LOl's in there all you want if you think it's cute, and makes you feel better! There is not one single thing I made up in that post! When you say "everybody" and "all" that is simply not true, there were people that had questions about Sammie, and wouldn't have thrown that kind if money at home! There were scouts that didn't think he was the next coming of Tom Brady!
As far as the statements concerning you , you said very last one of them! Lol lol lol lol lol

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Austin Davis? No... It's Sam scared again

SamINT1.gif

Ya that's Cougs knock on Davis, he throws pick 6's, but he doesn't want to admit that Sammie has thrown his share! That's at least something Davis has never done, All of Davis's have come when his team is behind and he was "trying" to make something happen to bring them back. This play by Bradford isn't a smart play at all with your team up and pinned back on your own goal line! Coug will somehow blame this on the oline, but the defender is a good 3 yards away when Sammie throws this duck! Ya Sammie can make all the throws, read the defenses, and is a smart decision maker. I guess we are wrong about him SJ

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya that's Cougs knock on Davis, he throws pick 6's, but he doesn't want to admit that Sammie has thrown his share! That's at least something Davis has never done, All of Davis's have come when his team is behind and he was "trying" to make something happen to bring them back. This play by Bradford isn't a smart play at all with your team up and pinned back on your own goal line! Coug will somehow blame this on the oline, but the defender is a good 3 yards away when Sammie throws this duck! Ya Sammie can make all the throws, read the defenses, and is a smart decision maker. I guess we are wrong about him SJ

not a good play but actually a very bad call down on your goal line. it looks like many blown assignments.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look real close. This is the look when you realize it's 1 vs 11

Right as always Coug, it's just Sammie and 10 other guys that suck! Never Sammies fault!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a good play but actually a very bad call down on your goal line. it looks like many blown assignments.

Once again, not Sammies fault in your mind! Bad play call by the OC, many blown assignments by others. But according to you, Sammie can make all the throws, except the short touch pass, I guess!

I think he completes this pass in practice though! Lol

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford's rating really wasn't that close to Suh's. His average rating was mid to low 90's. Still franchise QB good, but not close to the 99 that Suh was rated(which is unheard of). ESPN always overrates QB's, you know that. They jump on that hype train and its all over for objectivity.

When you have the top pick in the draft, you take the sure thing. The draft is a crapshoot, we as Rams fans know this better than anyone. When you have a chance at a can't miss sure thing, you take it, period. That kind of opportunity is so rare in the NFL. You don't reach for the player you need, you take the BPA. Your Houston comparison is a good one. They could have taken Bortles #1, but the went with Clowney, the top rated player. Did they need a DE? not desperately, but he was the BPA.

Anyone remember the Colts when they were going to "suck for Luck"? I don't remember anyone saying that about Bradford, ever. Why? he wasn't even the top prospect that year, it was far and away Suh.
I also remember on draft day, after the Rams selected Bradford, they were literally dancing and partying in the Detroit war room. Why? because we were stupid enough to let Suh(the number one prospect) fall right into their laps. The Rams were also complete morons by telling everyone they were taking Bradford before the draft, ruined what could have been some good trades at the top.

In the end, Guess who has come out on the better end of that draft? Suh is one of, if not the most dominant DT in the NFL, is now a Free agent about to sign the richest free agent deal in NFL history. Bradford? Making 16+ mil a year, accomplishing nothing, refusing to restructure his deal(like Peyton and Carson Palmer have now done) and because of injuries, a completely uncertain future as an NFL QB. That's why you take the sure thing....

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford's rating really wasn't that close to Suh's. His average rating was mid to low 90's. Still franchise QB good, but not close to the 99 that Suh was rated(which is unheard of). ESPN always overrates QB's, you know that. They jump on that hype train and its all over for objectivity.

When you have the top pick in the draft, you take the sure thing. The draft is a crapshoot, we as Rams fans know this better than anyone. When you have a chance at a can't miss sure thing, you take it, period. That kind of opportunity is so rare in the NFL. You don't reach for the player you need, you take the BPA. Your Houston comparison is a good one. They could have taken Bortles #1, but the went with Clowney, the top rated player. Did they need a DE? not desperately, but he was the BPA.

Anyone remember the Colts when they were going to "suck for Luck"? I don't remember anyone saying that about Bradford, ever. Why? he wasn't even the top prospect that year, it was far and away Suh.
I also remember on draft day, after the Rams selected Bradford, they were literally dancing and partying in the Detroit war room. Why? because we were stupid enough to let Suh(the number one prospect) fall right into their laps. The Rams were also complete morons by telling everyone they were taking Bradford before the draft, ruined what could have been some good trades at the top.

In the end, Guess who has come out on the better end of that draft? Suh is one of, if not the most dominant DT in the NFL, is now a Free agent about to sign the richest free agent deal in NFL history. Bradford? Making 16+ mil a year, accomplishing nothing, refusing to restructure his deal(like Peyton and Carson Palmer have now done) and because of injuries, a completely uncertain future as an NFL QB. That's why you take the sure thing....

Detroit picked Stafford the year before so they didn't need a QB though. If they needed a QB and the Rams took Suh they would have been jumping too. Again show me in nfl history where nfl teams pass on franchise QB's with the #1 pick? If the Rams don't take Bradford they have no idea when they will get the chance to get a franchise QB. you can always find a stud DT with a later pick. see Aaron Donald, Brockers etc. QB'S not so easy to do later in the draft.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and also Clowney was rated so much higher then Brotles its a different situation. no one expected Brotles to go #3 no way #1. bradford was in the #1 pick conversation for sure.