• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got excited and started dropping names last night.. :tsk:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's not start comparing Gurley to Samantha. Gurley has had 1 injury, Sam has had 85.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, you have negativity privileges on the Draft Master thread if you are talking about the draft. However, NAME CALLING is TROLL BEHAVIOR AND IT IS AGAINST THE SportsHoopla"S POLICIES ANYWHERE!! So everything else is cool. Like what UVA posted here but Ramsfan88, I removed the name-calling. Why don't you guys join us down on the draft thread? You can state the same things you posted here without repercussions from me. Read the very first post if you want an explanation but you can say the same things you stated here on that thread as well.

I didn't want to take the chance on getting banned so I took the safe route and posted here while everyone else posted there on the draft thread. That way I just let my frustrations out in the negativity thread where it normally goes. But from what it looks like tonight, it looks like a lot of decent pick ups and things that we actually needed to address.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were good UVA. You would not have been banned. A warning maybe if you were wrong but you were not wrong because you didn't name-call. Excellent moves all-around. You can go to either thread. No worries.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact UVA, I wish more posters would do what you did. You were spot on!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact UVA, I wish more posters would do what you did. You were spot on!

I didn't want to take away everyone else's enjoyment of the draft while I was (and still am) ticked off at the pick. I said my peace in the draft thread and then moved along to here to vent and then that other guy kept trying to pester me last night. I didn't go into the draft thread tonight mainly because I wasn't watching and don't know a whole lot about the guys in the mid to late rounds.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Excellent decisions all around for you and you took advantage of the reason we have the Major Negativity thread and the Draft thread with privileges. Well done sir!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but

Gurley
Havenstein
PJ williams
One of Those OTs are still there in the late 3rd
Brett Hundley

Seems cash money

I'm guessing we could have picked up a 3rd OT that didn't get drafted or will get cut for some reason. PJ Williams is a stud CB and would have worked out great, especially with some of our CBs up for a new contract next year.

I like the first 2 picks for sure and others seem promising, but getting 1st/2nd round talent at CB in the 3rd would have been sweet.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley over Mannion because he can run and has time to learn. He's not a small dude either. Mannion is accurate but he needs a perfect pocket and is slow to go through progressions. Sound like anyone u know?? :)

Manniom set records in the Pac 12.. I get that.

As always... This is the fuckjng NFC west. There are no perfect pockets for QBs.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you're going to copy Seattle's blueprint, it would probably be a good idea if we got a fucking shutdown CB right?

Gurley is the next beast mode. That I have a lot of confidence in.

But the pocket passer to go with? I don't get that

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but

Gurley
Havenstein
PJ williams
One of Those OTs are still there in the late 3rd
Brett Hundley

Seems cash money

I'm guessing we could have picked up a 3rd OT that didn't get drafted or will get cut for some reason. PJ Williams is a stud CB and would have worked out great, especially with some of our CBs up for a new contract next year.

I like the first 2 picks for sure and others seem promising, but getting 1st/2nd round talent at CB in the 3rd would have been sweet.

Is PJ Williams really a shut-down corner? It seemed teams avoided Darby and threw at PJ instead.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is PJ Williams really a shut-down corner? It seemed teams avoided Darby and threw at PJ instead.

Shiiiiiiiiiiit. Darby wasn't as good as PJ Williams. That entire secondary was stout. Both safeties may go in the 1st round next year. Who avoided Darby and threw at PJ? Darby is really fast, but not a better cover guy and not a better tackler. PJ was the best CB on FSU.

PJ would have been the best CB on the Rams - I can tell you that.

The ONLY reason PJ dropped was because of a DUI which was silly IMO because a even a guy like Shane Ray only dropped a few spots. Then Denver traded up to get Ray and weed is legal in Colorado. :lol:

New Orleans got Stephone Anthony and PJ Williams. 2 really solid guys on D.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shiiiiiiiiiiit. Darby wasn't as good as PJ Williams. That entire secondary was stout. Both safeties may go in the 1st round next year. Who avoided Darby and threw at PJ? Darby is really fast, but not a better cover guy and not a better tackler. PJ was the best CB on FSU.

PJ would have been the best CB on the Rams - I can tell you that.

The ONLY reason PJ dropped was because of a DUI which was silly IMO because a even a guy like Shane Ray only dropped a few spots. Then Denver traded up to get Ray and weed is legal in Colorado. :lol:

New Orleans got Stephone Anthony and PJ Williams. 2 really solid guys on D.

Someone mentioned it during the draft that teams threw at Williams more. Not sure where to find stats like that, especially for college teams, to validate the statement. Darby was drafted a round before Williams though.

Did find this in a Bleacher Report article, no citation given though:

"Darby was targeted only once every 10 passing plays by FSU's opponents, the lowest rate of any draft-eligible cornerback."

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bleacher report :L

Williams went later because of a DUI. Darby can't tackle and lacks toughness and strength. I've watched every game for years. They both are good. Williams is better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bleacher report :L

Williams went later because of a DUI. Darby can't tackle and lacks toughness and strength. I've watched every game for years. They both are good. Williams is better.

It's not like Bleacher Report made up the stat. No opinion involved.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Bleacher Report made up the stat. No opinion involved.

The bleacher report is pretty bad actually.

If you watched FSU the past 2 years, you'd know who the best CB was on that team. Like I said, we took Joyner in the 2nd round last year and he's now our nickel guy. PJ is a much better cover CB than Joyner and tackles just as well.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Darby was targeted only once every 10 passing plays by FSU's opponents, the lowest rate of any draft-eligible cornerback."

And it's not like the ACC was loaded with WRs, but the best WR on the opposing team was covered by PJ Williams. College is different than the NFL, the #1 WR on a team might get 10-11 looks a game and the #2 guy might get 4. QBs tend to go to their "go-to" guy a lot.

I'm not saying the stat is wrong - just that it really doesn't tell me a lot AND I was just :L at the bleacher report.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it's not like the ACC was loaded with WRs, but the best WR on the opposing team was covered by PJ Williams. College is different than the NFL, the #1 WR on a team might get 10-11 looks a game and the #2 guy might get 4. QBs tend to go to their "go-to" guy a lot.

I'm not saying the stat is wrong - just that it really doesn't tell me a lot AND I was just :L at the bleacher report.

I understand Bleacher Report is barely a step above a blog, but stats are stats, regardless of who presents them. It seems at least some teams are projecting PJ to safety, but the Rams could use that too.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ ain't going to safety.

Coug where the hell u been man? U lurkin or what?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else just sick and tired of whiny ass Patriot fans. Their whole organization is just riddled with fraud. And all they can do is whine. The only thing I can give them is they are loyal. But its blind misguided loyalty. Poor saps. Over the years on different boards I have had some knock down drag outs with Pats fans over their cheating ways. They all have one argument and one argument only "It never happened." Doesn't matter which of their many scandals you discuss "It never happened." I guess this is some kind of head in the sand defense, mass psychosis thing. Retro could probably explain the mental aspect better than I. It can be quite frustrating dealing with these fans cause they just have no grip on reality. So just for fun earlier I visited the Pats site and guess what? Yep right there in print, in response to the latest scandal. A Pat fan saying, you got it, "It never happened." Whiny ass Pat fans.