• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Marlins are in 1st place!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philies have a payroll that is around $120 million higher than the marlins. The Marlins have traded away almost every player that was going to cost them a fortune to sign. They continue to develop young players by throwing them in the fire. I am not saying that we should do the same thing but it would be nice to have a little balance. Amaro could learn from looking at teams like Oakland Miami and the Rays. IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody at this juncture Northeastphillyguy. Amaro is so damn dumb, he could take lessons from any elementary school kid on how to run an efficient winning baseball franchise. But Oakland, Miami, and Tampa will do as well.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Philies have a payroll that is around $120 million higher than the marlins. The Marlins have traded away almost every player that was going to cost them a fortune to sign. They continue to develop young players by throwing them in the fire. I am not saying that we should do the same thing but it would be nice to have a little balance. Amaro could learn from looking at teams like Oakland Miami and the Rays. IMO.

Well, the key difference is that Oakland, Miami, and the Rays have fantastic scouting departments. But, Miami's front office is nothing to copy as they act like clowns. You think Philly hates Amaro? Ask a South Florida resident about the Marlins' ownership.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their big mistake was not locking Stanton up earlier in his career. Unless he really wants to stay in Miami, he's going to be very hard to keep now.

Honestly, I think he has the best shot at breaking Bonds' record. 127 home runs through (what equates to roughly) 4 seasons, and he is only in his age 24 season. I wonder who is a bigger priority to them-Stanton or Fernandez.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Their big mistake was not locking Stanton up earlier in his career. Unless he really wants to stay in Miami, he's going to be very hard to keep now.

Honestly, I think he has the best shot at breaking Bonds' record. 127 home runs through (what equates to roughly) 4 seasons, and he is only in his age 24 season. I wonder who is a bigger priority to them-Stanton or Fernandez.

I think both will be gone, but, if they were keeping one, Fernandez is a Boras client. Fernandez will not resign with the Marlins.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both will be gone, but, if they were keeping one, Fernandez is a Boras client. Fernandez will not resign with the Marlins.

I think that they will try to keep Stanton. They must keep at least one standout player to please the fans. As for Fernandez, he will be gone when he hits the free agent market. Also I think that Stanton would sign for less money.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOly shit, the Marlins are 17-5 at home. Is this one of those years where they go all in and win the world series then trade everyone away before next season? Stanton is eligible for arbitration next year so they can't possibly keep him around

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. The front office does not give a shit about the fans.

Why would you think that?

I will clarify my comment. Stanton would sign for less than Fernandez at free agency time. Fernandez is going to get mega bucks if he continues to pitch like he has.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will clarify my comment. Stanton would sign for less than Fernandez at free agency time. Fernandez is going to get mega bucks if he continues to pitch like he has.

If Stanton stays healthy, that dude ain't going to be cheap.