• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Major Issues with this team

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey Williams is due $6.5M next year with 1.666M in dead money if he is cut. That is actually a $1.75M raise, so I don't think its a guarantee he stays. Still, they already need to fill the other corner and safety spot, so I would not be surprised if he stays.

The generally good strategy is to fill the starting spots in Free Agency and then draft for depth and competition. Still, I don't know if the FA market is great for DBs this year?

No he is due 8.1 million next year and its a 6.5 cap savings after taking the 1.7 mill cap hit. Williams is gone he is not worth that money.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know its really amazing how many years this team has been looking for corners. Ever since they let Asante Samuel go. The biggest thing is they have not addressed the position in the draft since what Sheldon Brown? They have to take a high caliber corner in the draft if not two and also address it in free agency.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to replace Herremans add better depth.
They need to replace both Corners, BOTH!
They need to replace DeSean, his loss is evident.
They need to replace Allen. Between him and the Corners they are dreadful.
LB's talent and depth is needed.
Foles needs to be the guy or we are years away.
This needs to be a productive draft, Smith is a bust and we can't keep drafting busts.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary- find two (not one) corners, get rid of Fletcher and Williams, you coach/move Ed Reynolds into the safety spot and get Allen out..

You hit the draft looking CB, ILB, CB, OLB and you stay true during the draft to the defense...

You make a lot of sense Mcnabb. This team can score points. But it gives up too many. Most want to give
up on Foles and waste draft picks on trading for a QB. Foles would only get better with an improved secondary. IMO.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a lot of sense Mcnabb. This team can score points. But it gives up too many. Most want to give
up on Foles and waste draft picks on trading for a QB. Foles would only get better with an improved secondary. IMO.

Not only improve the secondary but they need to fix the offensive line. Do that and you make Foles a better QB.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only improve the secondary but they need to fix the offensive line. Do that and you make Foles a better QB.

Who should we replace on the O line?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of broken ankles after the weekend aren't there.

The secondary is an easy target but the notion that good CB's are just hanging around, available in FA is a larf that only an idiot would have you believe.

The same applies to providing competition for Foles. There's at least half a dozen teams looking to make that position better with a similar guy. Anyone want to put some names out there who are really going to provide competition?

Wings should be along with Cutler at some point.

Foles still remains a question mark but if you can make improve the interior of the OL, allow Foles to step up in the pocket and improve the run game we'll have gone a long way toward winning more games.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would resign Williams for 2 years at 5 per or cut him. Then find a replacement for Bradley Fletcher and Nate Allen. Williams was OK and not near as bad as Fletcher. Drafting one early or signing one is definitely priority 1.

Foles is going to have to get another year to show which year he really is. Judging him on that halfass Oline is probably not good.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would only be a stop gap since there is still missing pieces, Williams imo has been am idiot the last couple weeks with the stupid calls against him, ( couple of them kept the defense on the field longer)

OL is still another issue, they are getting long in the tooth and the lack of effort in blocking is showing granted McCoy not staying to the play call and picking his hole isn't right, but he also can't run through people either and that is on the line...

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Williams is a puss. Somehow he thinks he's actually good and tough.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a young guard/tackle type. How about the defensive line? It seems like it's Fletcher Cox and nobody else there when I get to watch Eagle games.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond the coaching issues I posted in another thread this team has talent issues. Maybe some of this was part of a grand plan, but to be 15 million under the cap right now is criminal in my opinion. They should have brought in better players at the corner and safety position and better depth at linebacker. Overall this is the major issues I see with the team right now. Not in any particular order

1. Offensive Guard - Heremens is old and wasn't playing too good when he was in there. He is due 5.2 million next year. Gardner is a below average players and Tobin was even worse. In order for Kelly's offense to work all 5 of the offensive lineman need to be in sync and they need to be better.

2. Corner - Bradley Fletcher is worse than Izel Jenkins, at least Jenkins could at times play the short pass. Why they came back with Fletcher again this year and why they continue to put him out on the field is mind boggling. Cary Williams is a below average corner who is about to make a big pay day next year to the tune of 8.1 million. He won't be back at that dollar figure

3. Safety -Nate Allen is what Nate Allen is a below average safety. I was hopeful that in year 2 in the same defense for the first time in his career we might see what made him a 2nd round pick, but alas he cost us the Arizona game and that should cost him his job this year.

4. Wide Receiver - Jeremy Maclin has disappeared the last three weeks and is a free agent after this year. I think there is a better than 50-50 odds he is let go because of the pay day he is going to want. Beyond that we need a speed receiver who can stretch the field and another outside receiver to replace Riley Cooper.

5. Quarterback - Nick Foles will need competition next year. I am not talking about trading the whole draft for Mariota (which is a pipe dream BTW) but a guy who has a strong arm, who can read defensives and push Foles. Ultimately Foles went through growing pains this year, he had a poor oline in front of him most of the time, he made some poor decision however he did win games and that is something that should not be lost. I guarantee you that if Foles was the QB leading the Eagles down the field at the end yesterday they would have won the game.

A good summary...

I address one CB spot and #2 WR via free agency. This team hasn't spent in free agency since Chip has been here and it is time to start. We need a real #2 option at WR. Vincent Jackson will be available and I bet Houston would trade Andre Johnson (which I would LOVE). We need two CBs, so one has to come in free agency. The choices are thin, so we probably overpay for a decent veteran, but we have to. You never know what will be available at OG but we might find an FA, or wait til mid rounds of the draft. Keep an eye out for a decent S also. Other than WR and CB, we aren't talking big money to fill big holes.

That leaves S, CB, and QB for the draft. I hate the Big QBs other than Mariota and I hope to hell we don't go after Hundley. I'd rather draft a mid round prospect with an arm and legs and let Chip coach him up for a year. I'm okay with Foles for another year and we decide on Barkley/Sanchez this offseason.

Should be able to go CB in round one, maybe the kid from Oregon. In round two, I take Kendricks' brother from UCLA to replace DeMeco Ryans. Love that kid and I think he would be perfect for the next 8 years.

Young OŁ and DBs from there on.