• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Major Issues with this team

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond the coaching issues I posted in another thread this team has talent issues. Maybe some of this was part of a grand plan, but to be 15 million under the cap right now is criminal in my opinion. They should have brought in better players at the corner and safety position and better depth at linebacker. Overall this is the major issues I see with the team right now. Not in any particular order

1. Offensive Guard - Heremens is old and wasn't playing too good when he was in there. He is due 5.2 million next year. Gardner is a below average players and Tobin was even worse. In order for Kelly's offense to work all 5 of the offensive lineman need to be in sync and they need to be better.

2. Corner - Bradley Fletcher is worse than Izel Jenkins, at least Jenkins could at times play the short pass. Why they came back with Fletcher again this year and why they continue to put him out on the field is mind boggling. Cary Williams is a below average corner who is about to make a big pay day next year to the tune of 8.1 million. He won't be back at that dollar figure

3. Safety -Nate Allen is what Nate Allen is a below average safety. I was hopeful that in year 2 in the same defense for the first time in his career we might see what made him a 2nd round pick, but alas he cost us the Arizona game and that should cost him his job this year.

4. Wide Receiver - Jeremy Maclin has disappeared the last three weeks and is a free agent after this year. I think there is a better than 50-50 odds he is let go because of the pay day he is going to want. Beyond that we need a speed receiver who can stretch the field and another outside receiver to replace Riley Cooper.

5. Quarterback - Nick Foles will need competition next year. I am not talking about trading the whole draft for Mariota (which is a pipe dream BTW) but a guy who has a strong arm, who can read defensives and push Foles. Ultimately Foles went through growing pains this year, he had a poor oline in front of him most of the time, he made some poor decision however he did win games and that is something that should not be lost. I guarantee you that if Foles was the QB leading the Eagles down the field at the end yesterday they would have won the game.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace Fletcher, get Foles back, try to figure out what the Hell happened to your running game, get a safety and see how your rookie WR develops. That's not really that long of a list.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no coaching issues. That is Eagle fan nonsense.

The problems come down to a porous secondary and aging offensive line. Both need to be addressed.

Not only is Herremans old, so are Peters and Mathis. Injuries will happen more often now.

Inside lb is also an issue. Losing Demeco was a big blow. We need better depth.

Fix those issues and this team would be tops in the division again.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no coaching issues. That is Eagle fan nonsense.

No that is your opinion. Give me a break. You guys are losing it with your love for Chip Kelly. Be objective for a change

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you want to talk Billy Davis, I get that. But even there look at the Cards he was dealt by Howie.

Howie and his suspect draft is where you should direct your anger which is understandable.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that is your opinion. Give me a break. You guys are losing it with your love for Chip Kelly. Be objective for a change

LOL Chip inherit a dumpster fire and makes them instant winners. They are still winning in year 2 and this guy is ready to run him out of town on a rail.

God I love Philly Fan.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Offensive Guard - Heremens is old and wasn't playing too good when he was in there. He is due 5.2 million next year. Gardner is a below average players and Tobin was even worse. In order for Kelly's offense to work all 5 of the offensive lineman need to be in sync and they need to be better.

Yup, definite upgrade needed there... as I have been saying for much this season when needs were addressed.

2. Corner - Bradley Fletcher is worse than Izel Jenkins, at least Jenkins could at times play the short pass. Why they came back with Fletcher again this year and why they continue to put him out on the field is mind boggling. Cary Williams is a below average corner who is about to make a big pay day next year to the tune of 8.1 million. He won't be back at that dollar figure

The way they played this season, not a single DB we fielded this season is a high quality starter. We need at least two CB's. Not sure what went on last off season. Seems that the Eagles missed the boat somewhat there.

3. Safety -Nate Allen is what Nate Allen is a below average safety. I was hopeful that in year 2 in the same defense for the first time in his career we might see what made him a 2nd round pick, but alas he cost us the Arizona game and that should cost him his job this year.

As sad as it is, Allen might still be among the top half of safeties in this league. To blame the Arizona game on Allen is ludicrous, FTR. If there was a single player to blame for that loss, you might want to look Foles.

O yeah, for the latter half of the season, Allen has made more big plays, and seems to have been a better tackler than Jenkins.

4. Wide Receiver - Jeremy Maclin has disappeared the last three weeks and is a free agent after this year. I think there is a better than 50-50 odds he is let go because of the pay day he is going to want. Beyond that we need a speed receiver who can stretch the field and another outside receiver to replace Riley Cooper.

Ahum, Maclin did NOT disappear last night, by any stretch of the imagination. And yeah, Maclin is to be a FA. There is a chance he will be gone, but I doubt it. BTW, if we had followed your S and CB wish list, Maclin probably WOULD be gone (and so would be much of the front-seven), and even Foles if he had turned out to be the QB we had hoped him to be.

5. Quarterback - Nick Foles will need competition next year. I am not talking about trading the whole draft for Mariota (which is a pipe dream BTW) but a guy who has a strong arm, who can read defensives and push Foles. Ultimately Foles went through growing pains this year, he had a poor oline in front of him most of the time, he made some poor decision however he did win games and that is something that should not be lost. I guarantee you that if Foles was the QB leading the Eagles down the field at the end yesterday they would have won the game.

Yup, Foles needs competition, problem is that with the draft prospects as well as the FA's available, we are F-ed, unless we somehow find someone in the later rounds... And Foles STUNK for much of this season, and as said as it is, his play was not that much above what Sanchez showed this season. We were LEADING the league in turnovers with Foles out there, and Foles was among the league leaders himself in turnovers (if not the outright league leader). And yes, that included the messes like Geno Smith, Bortles, whatever Tennessee fielded and so on).

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB & secondary. Been the same two issues ALL season.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie doesn't scout players. We have scouts. Chip and Howie and the scouts reach a consensus on who to draft.

We need to get CBs and another safety in free agency.

Need to focus on drafting stud OL, both T and G. As mentioned above, Peters, Mathis, and Herremans are old, and we get maybe 1 more year at top performance from these guys, and perhaps Herremans is already done.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of good points here taz. I think a makeover in several areas is coming. Were still a good football team but in order too become great, change is needed.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles may not be the guy. But I am not ready to give up on him yet. Keep in mind he played without several offensive line starters the whole first half of the year. Yet he still managed to WIN. Foles had a lot of mistakes, but when it came time to make plays in many of those games early, he did it. He also showed some toughness. Sanchez had a good line in front of him and choked up the joint against the Redskins, a scrub defensive team.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles did very little to improve from last year, why expect a different result? They picked up Jenkins in the secondary, a journeyman and what else? Matthews looks as though he may have a bright future, time will tell. If your first rounder, Smith, can't even play special teams, he's a total bust to date.

If they don't make the playoffs this year, they will have in fact regressed from last year. You can stand behind "Chip" all you want, but Djax was sorely missed by the Eagles this year, Gruden didn't find him disruptive and even with 3 half-assed QB's in and out of the lineup Jackson leads the NFL with 12 catches of 40-plus yards this season, and 243 reception yards against the Eagles this year.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major issues:

When Nick Foles got hurt, the Eagles went down the drain - the last seven weeks have had a QB as what Michael Bennett said, has been trying to impersonate as one - after this season, people should fully appreciate the hell out of Nick Foles - he did way way more with a shittier offensive line and the secondary was still every bit as bad when he was starting

Also, the Eagles need to dedicate the next draft on defense, defense and defense - offense is not the problem besides who's been the QB the last seven weeks - the secondary is horrendous and quite frankly, Bill Davis' negligence when it comes to not benching Bradley Fletcher by now should get him his pink slip, alone

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the major issue with this team is that they got too little help from this past draft. If even a few of those guy stepped up, say, one of the corners or safeties, totally different story.

As for Maclin "disappearing", it coincided with our QB getting hurt. Sanchez went to Matthews and Ertz and inside receivers MUCH more, because he is limited as an outside passer.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Chip inherit a dumpster fire and makes them instant winners. They are still winning in year 2 and this guy is ready to run him out of town on a rail.

God I love Philly Fan.

"Instant winners". What have they won? Nobody is running chipper out of town. We're just putting him on notice that the honeymoon is over. Chip and his staff put these players in positions to fail. Chip selected Sanchez and got rid of Jackson. Wait a min, whatever happen to Steve Spurrier? Didn't yall run him out after 2 or 3 years? It's the same shit. Trying to bring that college bullshit in here and won't adjust or change his philosophy a little.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"5. Quarterback - Nick Foles will need competition next year. I am not talking about trading the whole draft for Mariota (which is a pipe dream BTW) but a guy who has a strong arm, who can read defensives and push Foles. Ultimately Foles went through growing pains this year, he had a poor oline in front of him most of the time, he made some poor decision however he did win games and that is something that should not be lost. I guarantee you that if Foles was the QB leading the Eagles down the field at the end yesterday they would have won the game."

He'll most likely be gone next season. Management was growing tired of him before he had his injury and were thinking last season was a fluke.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team came out and said that report was BS btw.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary- find two (not one) corners, get rid of Fletcher and Williams, you coach/move Ed Reynolds into the safety spot and get Allen out..

You hit the draft looking CB, ILB, CB, OLB and you stay true during the draft to the defense...

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey Williams is due $6.5M next year with 1.666M in dead money if he is cut. That is actually a $1.75M raise, so I don't think its a guarantee he stays. Still, they already need to fill the other corner and safety spot, so I would not be surprised if he stays.

The generally good strategy is to fill the starting spots in Free Agency and then draft for depth and competition. Still, I don't know if the FA market is great for DBs this year?