• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The latest on KC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jason Reid reports "former Redskins officials who know Kirk Cousins" have said free agent Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal.

The sides have made what sounds like zero progress on a long-term deal, and Cousins may simply be fed up with the way GM Scot McCloughan and Co. has handled negotiations over the past two offseasons. The front office clearly didn't believe in Cousins last year at this time, making him prove himself again on a one-year deal, and Cousins answered the bell with a big year. It's fair to wonder if the "former Redskins officials" Reid is referring to is someone(s) from the old Shanahan regime, as then-OC Kyle Shanahan literally "stood on a table" for Cousins when they drafted him. Shanahan, now the head coach in San Francisco, doesn't have a quarterback and remains enamored with Cousins, who has made it known he feels the same way toward Shanahan. If Cousins is able to force his way out of D.C. this year or next, a reunion in Santa Clara would be a good bet.

Source: Jason Reid on Twitter
Feb 17 - 11:49 AM

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jason Reid reports "former Redskins officials who know Kirk Cousins" have said free agent Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal.

The sides have made what sounds like zero progress on a long-term deal, and Cousins may simply be fed up with the way GM Scot McCloughan and Co. has handled negotiations over the past two offseasons. The front office clearly didn't believe in Cousins last year at this time, making him prove himself again on a one-year deal, and Cousins answered the bell with a big year. It's fair to wonder if the "former Redskins officials" Reid is referring to is someone(s) from the old Shanahan regime, as then-OC Kyle Shanahan literally "stood on a table" for Cousins when they drafted him. Shanahan, now the head coach in San Francisco, doesn't have a quarterback and remains enamored with Cousins, who has made it known he feels the same way toward Shanahan. If Cousins is able to force his way out of D.C. this year or next, a reunion in Santa Clara would be a good bet.

Source: Jason Reid on Twitter
Feb 17 - 11:49 AM

If true he has to be slapped with the non exclusive franchise tag and traded

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon Kyle give us two first rounders. You can do it!!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do we have to start 20 threads about the same subject ? this has already been posted

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five years ago at this time, I said the Redskins would come to regret trading to get RG3.

Im saying now, if they deal Cousins, they will once again come to regret this move.

Washington Redskins... doubling down on stupidity one season at a time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has always been my biggest fear and the main obstacle to them not working out a long term deal. That KC is fed up with being treated second class. If true, Someone should be fired. Also, if true, I agree with country. Tag him and trade him. Take the 2 1sts. We need to try and get something for him. Maybe a 1st, 3rd and (as much as I hate to say it) Kapernick. God, I would hate to see that guy here, but we will need a QB and he does have some skill until we draft one.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has always been my biggest fear and the main obstacle to them not working out a long term deal. That KC is fed up with being treated second class. If true, Someone should be fired. Also, if true, I agree with country. Tag him and trade him. Take the 2 1sts. We need to try and get something for him. Maybe a 1st, 3rd and (as much as I hate to say it) Kapernick. God, I would hate to see that guy here, but we will need a QB and he does have some skill until we draft one.

This is why i say we dont have a snowballs chance in hell of getting two first rounders from Kirk, and no way does San Fran part with the #2 pick. We have a team thats only Luke warm on a player, and a player that actually might not want to be here. Thats what the sales guys call buyers advantage. Because we are some what stuck if this is truely the case.

If we go hard line and say we want the two first round picks, and the Niners and every one else balks, Kirk simply signs the franchise tender. Plays out the 2017 season and dares them to tag him again.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why i say we dont have a snowballs chance in hell of getting two first rounders from Kirk, and no way does San Fran part with the #2 pick. We have a team thats only Luke warm on a player, and a player that actually might not want to be here. Thats what the sales guys call buyers advantage. Because we are some what stuck if this is truely the case.

If we go hard line and say we want the two first round picks, and the Niners and every one else balks, Kirk simply signs the franchise tender. Plays out the 2017 season and dares them to tag him again.
This simply won't happen knowing he "wants out". No way coach, player and front office can co-exist on a 1 year deal knowing Kirk wants to play elsewhere. As soon as he has 1 bad game fans would be screaming for his head and anything that comes out of Kirks mouth won't be good enough for fans let alone an organization he really didn't want to play for this year. I see no way around the skins getting F'd in this deal. Sad really!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This simply won't happen knowing he "wants out". No way coach, player and front office can co-exist on a 1 year deal knowing Kirk wants to play elsewhere. As soon as he has 1 bad game fans would be screaming for his head and anything that comes out of Kirks mouth won't be good enough for fans let alone an organization he really didn't want to play for this year. I see no way around the skins getting F'd in this deal. Sad really!

The sad part is, as usual the Skins fucked themselves if it works out like that. All this could have been avoided if they had simply offered him more than Oswieler got last year on a long term deal with some out clauses.

Funny thing is, the Texans could cut Oswieler as a designated June 1st cut and it would only lower their cap space by $1M this year, and would actually raise their cap space in 2018 by around $15M.

Danny, Bruce and Scot have let their collective ego's screw the team on this one all the way around.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kyle really wants KC this year he will part with the #2 pick b/c that #2 pick if they kept it would be for a QB like Tribisky anyways. So if you are Kyle, you are looking at it like I am going to get my QB that I want and only really give up a 2018 1st rounder. SO what's the big deal in giving the Skins the 2 first round picks?

It really works out for both teams.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyle really wants KC this year he will part with the #2 pick b/c that #2 pick if they kept it would be for a QB like Tribisky anyways. So if you are Kyle, you are looking at it like I am going to get my QB that I want and only really give up a 2018 1st rounder. SO what's the big deal in giving the Skins the 2 first round picks?

It really works out for both teams.

Yes Dean, in your perfect world Kyle has no choice but to give the Redskins the #2 over all and another first round pick.

In reality as I said, if the Skins tag cousins, they have very little leverage at that point. Because if he signs it, they either pay him $24M and watch him walk, or take the best offer they can get from a team that Kirk is willing to go to. Just because our brain trust has a tendency to do the dumbest things possibly when it comes to player acquisition, does not mean other teams are so hell bent on doing the dumbest possible things imaginable and selling the fan base that this would be a good thing.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Dean, in your perfect world Kyle has no choice but to give the Redskins the #2 over all and another first round pick.

In reality as I said, if the Skins tag cousins, they have very little leverage at that point. Because if he signs it, they either pay him $24M and watch him walk, or take the best offer they can get from a team that Kirk is willing to go to. Just because our brain trust has a tendency to do the dumbest things possibly when it comes to player acquisition, does not mean other teams are so hell bent on doing the dumbest possible things imaginable and selling the fan base that this would be a good thing.

Why is it dumb if KS wants his guy for the 2017 season? Like I said its only a 2018 first round pick b/c they are taking a qb at #2 anyways. Even if they offer the Skins 55-60mg the skins will take the picks and let him go b/c KC doesn't want to be here anyways.

Everyone wins: the SKins win b/c they are getting 2 firsts for a guy that doesn't want to be here. The 49ers win b/c KS has HIS guy that he can build around and not take a chance on a rookie or an unknown FA he hasn't worked with. Why is that dumb?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly could get a 1st and a 4th rounder for that bum Sam Bradford we can easily get the 49ers 2nd overall pick

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it dumb if KS wants his guy for the 2017 season? Like I said its only a 2018 first round pick b/c they are taking a qb at #2 anyways. Even if they offer the Skins 55-60mg the skins will take the picks and let him go b/c KC doesn't want to be here anyways.

Everyone wins: the SKins win b/c they are getting 2 firsts for a guy that doesn't want to be here. The 49ers win b/c KS has HIS guy that he can build around and not take a chance on a rookie or an unknown FA he hasn't worked with. Why is that dumb?

If you consider not having a QB and being in a position to make another dumb move to get one winning... then in that case we would be Charlie Sheen Tigerblood crushing it I suppose.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
garrapolo can be had for a 1st rounder , is cheaper , and shanny likes him so chew on that dean

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok dean are you a betting man ? if the 49ers give us 2 1st rounders for KC i give up being a moderator here . if you lose every post you start out with must read shark and skinsdad62 are the greatest football minds in SportsHoopla and a bow to their knowledge . any time you fail to put that statement in a post will result in you being banned for a month for a year

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you consider not having a QB and being in a position to make another dumb move to get one winning... then in that case we would be Charlie Sheen Tigerblood crushing it I suppose.

Shark, KC doesn't want to stay here. So why not get the picks?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
garrapolo can be had for a 1st rounder , is cheaper , and shanny likes him so chew on that dean

KS has never worked with Grap and Grap is not as proven as KC is. Why would he do that?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok dean are you a betting man ? if the 49ers give us 2 1st rounders for KC i give up being a moderator here . if you lose every post you start out with must read shark and skinsdad62 are the greatest football minds in SportsHoopla and a bow to their knowledge . any time you fail to put that statement in a post will result in you being banned for a month for a year

No bet. You can be moderator that is fine. My point is if KC doenst want to stay here and wants to reunited with Kyle why not take the picks.