• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last of Us

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This strategy is what I was hinting at. It allows them to tell original story while avoiding the controversial decisions that hurt the second game.
I don't think it hurts the 2nd game at all. It's central to the story. It's simply what happened. But it radically changes things going forward in a way they might not want to have to do right away.

Anyway, I liked the 2nd game a lot. I'm not in the controversy camp.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This strategy is what I was hinting at. It allows them to tell original story while avoiding the controversial decisions that hurt the second game.
Avoid the controversy? That is certainly not their motivation.

If they expand on some things...

Druckmann had a few things inspired by middle east conflict and that certainly hasn't gotten more peaceful since the game released. He could explore a few more things there before going into the sequel. That said, the teaser has things after the time skip

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 year jump. They could conceivably have an entire season not in the game.
They could tell a lot of stories with the other protagonist on their journey, too.

Though that would mess with the way the game was structured to make you hate them first and force you to see things from their point of view later on. So, probably best to avoid doing that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it hurts the 2nd game at all. It's central to the story. It's simply what happened. But it radically changes things going forward in a way they might not want to have to do right away.

Anyway, I liked the 2nd game a lot. I'm not in the controversy camp.
Granted, but you have to admit that both twists caused “problems”. Just because you don’t mind them doesn’t mean they weren’t, in general, controversial.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that, I don’t play games like that of any sort, I don’t care what twists they put in that don’t add up to those who have played the game. It’ll all be good to me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, but you have to admit that both twists caused “problems”. Just because you don’t mind them doesn’t mean they weren’t, in general, controversial.
I'd actually argue the main problem was the fact that it was a video game.

If you're role playing as Ellie and you don't want to play guitar, you can put the game down and play something else as the proper response. If you're watching a TV show then its Ellie's decision and that changes who Ellie is.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that, I don’t play games like that of any sort, I don’t care what twists they put in that don’t add up to those who have played the game. It’ll all be good to me.
Never played this one (dug Season 1).

Did play Fallout and I dig it as well.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never played this one (dug Season 1).

Did play Fallout and I dig it as well.

We stopped with games after my son was diagnosed with epilepsy. Tetris and Welltris would induce seizures. So would something like Mike Tyson’s Punch Out.

So no money wasted on games and their consoles. For entertainment of a game variety we play crib with real cards…