• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighthouse.

I honestly, don't know what to say about this movie. It is very strange. I'm not sure if any of it was real or if it was just a crazy persons imagination or a near death hallucination or something else all entirely.

None of the story really added up to me... with anything, there wasn't a real story... really. To me, this was a movie about emotions. About fear, psychosis, loneliness, hate, shame, trust, and simply being lost in your own mind.

With all of that said, I think Pattinson and Dafoe were excellent in it. Their acting was fantastic. Pattinsons was a little slow building, but I think that was due to the nature of his character. It was strange, bewildering, eerie, but didn't strike me as thrilling, scary, frightening, or any of the typical horror sensations.

Personally, the story is a huge part for me enjoying movies and perhaps I just need to see it again, but as of right now. I have no desire to ever see this again. So again, great acting, but with a lack of story and a wildly eerie movie... its not my cup of tea. I also think that the use of dull colors would have made it better. I am fine with black and white movies, but I think this one would have been better with some dark and dull colors instead.

I give it a 5/10 - based on the acting and camera use alone.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the dubbed version of Weathering With You

This is from the director Makoto Shinkai, who did the biggest film in Japanese history Your Name. in 2016. I you've never seen You're Name., that's almost a must-see. Weathering With You is the same feel, with beautiful sights, sounds, and an emotional story. The plot isn't the great cerebral level of what Your Name. is, but it does a great job of putting you in Tokyo, exploring the bad side of a city that doesn't get discussed much. (But for a mega-city, Tokyo lacks a lot of the problems a London or NYC have)

A-

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I’m late but I just watched The Last Samurai for the first time. Liked it more than I thought I would. I was expecting a pretty slow pace with a smattering if douchy Tom Cruise mixed in but actually it became one of my favorite Tom Cruise characters. This was pre-Scientology Cruise though.

I read the critical responses and it’s pretty funny how people got so riled up about a white person saving non-white people. It was still a box office hit in Japan.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watched Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

I had forgotten how good that movie was.. One of Richard Dreyfus's best roles as the tortured electrical worker obsessed with visions in his head after a close encounter.

Best quote after being shown paintings of Devils Tower in Wyoming from other people.

"Yeah I have one in my living room"

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I’m late but I just watched The Last Samurai for the first time. Liked it more than I thought I would. I was expecting a pretty slow pace with a smattering if douchy Tom Cruise mixed in but actually it became one of my favorite Tom Cruise characters. This was pre-Scientology Cruise though.

I read the critical responses and it’s pretty funny how people got so riled up about a white person saving non-white people. It was still a box office hit in Japan.
He was more than 10 years into Scientology when it was filmed.

I agree it's a good movie.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I own the BluRay and break it out every year or so. I love story lines like that. And it's so aesthetically pleasing to watch.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watched Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

I had forgotten how good that movie was.. One of Richard Dreyfus's best roles as the tortured electrical worker obsessed with visions in his head after a close encounter.

Best quote after being shown paintings of Devils Tower in Wyoming from other people.

"Yeah I have one in my living room"

Didn't like it on first viewing, too slow.

But it's grown on me.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Boys 3.

What youd expect, but does it really well.

#4 is coming

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven Psychopaths.

Sam Rockwell is great but this movie isn't as fun as In Bruges or Three Billboards. It has a strong second act but gets a little too meta and the third act lacks impact imo. Good movie but it's definitely the middle child.

B

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X-men dark phoenix: Nothing special. They just can't seem to make X-men watchable any more. Graphics were solid, acting was mediocre and story was hollow. 4.5/10.

Joker: Phoenix does a great job, story worked. Pretty predictable, but it didn't take away from the enjoyment either. 7/10.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man's Favourite Sport?

The golden age of silly comedies.

A great Rock Hudson effort and he was in so many of them.

PAULA PRENTISS!!!!

Huge cast of great character actors supporting.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fathom....is on right now. Any time to see Rachel Welch in a bikini is om by me. FXM channel

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tool the kid to see Bad Boys. Fun movie that had some serious laugh out loud moments. Martin Lawrence is funny as hell.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRYING to watch Bridesmaides right now. I have heard from many sources that it was hilarious.

Well... Like I said, I am TRYING to watch it. Wow, is it bad so far. I really doubt I will finish it.

I was told I had to watch it. It's f'n hilarious. One of the best comedies ever. And it sucked.