• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mule - Thought that this was really boring with not a lot happening throughout the movie. 2 out of 5 stars
Avengers: Endgame - I enjoyed it but didn't quite enjoy it as much as some of the other Marvel movies. 3.5 out of 5 stars

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw Captain Marvel. Part of me feels it was entertaining, part of me feels it was extremely meh. When a cat is the best part of your movie that's not a good thing.

And I don't want to get the whole Brie Larsen controversy started up again (there's a whole thread on that already), her performance really was kinda wooden/bad. I don't know if it was her or the writing, but she was the least interesting character. Again, not good when, you know, it's your movie.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hustle.

Alright but you can cut out some scenes and focus more on the main love story

5.5/10

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Go With It - Adam Sandler as a plastic surgeon & pussy hound who nabs a young hottie only to eventually discover his true love was actually right next to him all along. I know.. why did I bother. We landed on it flipping around and my wife said "This looks good". Several scenes with Brooklyn Decker in a bikini as well as a couple of Jennifer Anniston & Nicole Kidman in bikinis to recommend it. That's about it, though there were a couple of funny scenes. But Cactus Flower 50 years ago was much better than this reboot, not that anyone reading this has either on their "flicks to see" list. 4/10

Skyscraper. The Rock (who is just fine in his role) as the hero who saves the day and his family in the Towering Inferno meets Die Hard. This was just ridiculous, though some of the scenes were probably pretty cool if seen on the big screen which they were not in my case. 4/10

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Go With It - Adam Sandler as a plastic surgeon & pussy hound who nabs a young hottie only to eventually discover his true love was actually right next to him all along. I know.. why did I bother. We landed on it flipping around and my wife said "This looks good". Several scenes with Brooklyn Decker in a bikini as well as a couple of Jennifer Anniston & Nicole Kidman in bikinis to recommend it. That's about it, though there were a couple of funny scenes. But Cactus Flower 50 years ago was much better than this reboot, not that anyone reading this has either on their "flicks to see" list. 4/10

Skyscraper. The Rock (who is just fine in his role) as the hero who saves the day and his family in the Towering Inferno meets Die Hard. This was just ridiculous, though some of the scenes were probably pretty cool if seen on the big screen which they were not in my case. 4/10

I don't remember a thing about "Just go with it" except Brooklyn Decker in her bikini....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mule - Thought that this was really boring with not a lot happening throughout the movie. 2 out of 5 stars
Avengers: Endgame - I enjoyed it but didn't quite enjoy it as much as some of the other Marvel movies. 3.5 out of 5 stars

I thought the Mule was pretty good, but fairly predictable movie. Wasn't as good as Gran Torino. I think 2/5 is a little low but a 3/5 is appropriate.

Endgame was definitely a 3 or 3.5 out of 5... I found it incredibly boring and predictable. The one thing Marvel movies USUALLY do right is just give us a ton of GOOD action, which this really didn't... also Captain Marvel basically made zero sense in the movie - she barely did anything. I think EndGame was one of the weaker Marvel movies I've watched... Infinity War was MUCH better. Hell the first Avengers was miles better.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bladerunner 2049

Had a hard time following this movie. Don’t know if i just wasn't paying close enough attention or it really was just difficult to comprehend. But after some time it started to come into focus. Still a rather blah story & blah experience overall. It dragged a lot and didn’t hook very well. I still loved the lighting at atmosphere. Feels like I need to go back & watch the original and maybe this movie will sit better. Been a long time since I’ve seen it.

4/10

Last edited:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bladerunner 2049

Had a hard time following this movie. Don’t know if i just wasn't paying close enough attention or it really was just difficult to comprehend. But after some time it started to come into focus. Still a rather blah story & blah experience overall. It dragged a lot and didn’t hook very well. I still loved the lighting at atmosphere. Feels like I need to go back & watch the original and maybe this movie will sit better. Been a long time since I’ve seen it.

4/10

I liked it more that you the first time but seeing it again did also help explain more of the story.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAG

Pretty decent comedy. Had plenty of genuine laughs, but felt like there were some forced moments that didn't land well. Jon Hamm & Jake Johnson's love affair with Rashida Jones was an odd plot thread. Didn't care for it. Jeremy Renner & Isla Fisher were the hilarious highlights for me. Fisher was just a supporting role, but damn she was funny.

6.5/10

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just redboxed

Happy Death Day 2U and Cold Pursuit.

HDD2U - 6.5/10. It's somewhat fun, but not as good as the first.

Cold Pursuit - What. The. Fuck. Was. That? It is a pretty bad movie. Acting is pretty bad, story is bad. The movie couldn't decide on what it wanted to be in my opinion. I was trying too hard to be funny and just came off bad. I didn't like this movie at all. 4/10. Maybe a 3.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been going through the Star Wars movies again and just finished them. I think the order I'd list them as (from favorite to least would be):
Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge of The Sith
Return of the Jedi
Solo (liked this more than I thought I would)
The Force Awakens
Attack of the Clones
Rogue One

The Phantom Menace
Return of the Jedi (these last two are interchangeable)

Bumblebee - I had heard good things but was bored throughout the movie other than a few scenes I chuckled in. 2 out of 5 stars

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been going through the Star Wars movies again and just finished them. I think the order I'd list them as (from favorite to least would be):
Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge of The Sith
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Attack of the Clones
Rogue One

The Phantom Menace

Bumblebee - I had heard good things but was bored throughout the movie other than a few scenes I chuckled in. 2 out of 5 stars
I assume you mean The Last Jedi...

I would rate them...

Hope
Empire

Return
Revenge

Rogue One

Last
Awakens
Solo

Clones

Phantom Menace

Christmas Special

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge of The Sith
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Attack of the Clones
Rogue One

The Phantom Menace

My list is similar with some differences.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi. (Just on TNT. Reminded me of how great the first half of that movie was... Even the ending was pretty good. )

Rogue One. great characters. good story.
The Force Awakens. a really good reboot

The last Jedi. Very flawed but the Jedi parts were still damm good

Solo was not bad... ok

Of the rest only the Attack of the Clones. liked the arena scene.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rate them...

Hope
Empire

Return
Revenge

Rogue One

Last
Awakens
Solo

Clones

Phantom Menace

Christmas Special
You’re right, that’s what I meant. Thanks for catching that. I never saw the Christmas special so I can’t rate that.0

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right, that’s what I meant. Thanks for catching that. I never saw the Christmas special so I can’t rate that.0
It is worth watching ONLY because it is considered canon. But it is VERY VERY VERY bad. If you are interested, it can be found on YouTube pretty easily. Be ready with your fast-forward button, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I would put Clone Wars in the same class as Hope and Empire. Maybe SLIGHTLY lower because of their treatment of droids. Rebels would probably be just below Return and Revenge. I have not seen enough of Resistance yet to rate, but the few episodes I have seen I was not impressed.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rate them...

Hope
Empire

Return
Revenge

Rogue One

Last
Awakens
Solo

Clones

Phantom Menace

Christmas Special

How is the Christmas Special not #1?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never put Revenge over something like Rogue One.

The first two movies sent Revenge so far off course that it had no chance of course correcting. I highly suspect the next Star Wars movie will have the same issues.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never put Revenge over something like Rogue One.

The first two movies sent Revenge so far off course that it had no chance of course correcting. I highly suspect the next Star Wars movie will have the same issues.
Awakens and Last are in no way even in the same ballpark as Phantom and Clones as far as dizzying suckatude. Having two directors with 180 degree different takes on the material, however, may have critically injured this trilogy, though, and that falls 100% in Kennedy’s lap. She should have been more forceful in keeping Johnson on track (and not given a major plot point to some purple haired Mary Sue no one had ever heard of before rather than a hero from the original trilogy).

Sorry, I am still miffed that they kill Ackbar off screen but give this annoying nobody a grand heroic death...