• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done with redboxing...

Aquaman - 5/10, might go 4/10. This movie was trash. Honestly, I think there may have been fewer holes than in Captain Marvel... but I would rather watch Captain Marvel again over Aquaman. I literally said out loud during this movie... "this is a stupid fucking movie" and I was watching by myself.

Creed 2 - 7/10. Admittedly, I am kind of partial to these. There was a fair amount that I didn't like about this movie, but I still like the movie if that makes sense. I am a big Rocky fan (all but #5) so I think I am somewhat biased in this. Its good but not great and I just REALLY wish they took different angles on some of the story.

for example, I wish the Dragos weren't bad guys in the film. I wish they focused and built the story around the history, had an epic fight where they became friends in the end. Kind of like Rocky 2 with Rocky and Apollo. But that didn't happen and the Russians/Ukrainians are all assholes apparently. That notion worked better with Rocky 4 due to the Cold War... but if he was trying to play the same type of tension what I assume is being based off of Russian collusion, well that doesn't hold the same tension and in my opinion it wouldn't even if collusion was found.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done with redboxing...

Aquaman - 5/10, might go 4/10. This movie was trash. Honestly, I think there may have been fewer holes than in Captain Marvel... but I would rather watch Captain Marvel again over Aquaman. I literally said out loud during this movie... "this is a stupid fucking movie" and I was watching by myself.

Creed 2 - 7/10. Admittedly, I am kind of partial to these. There was a fair amount that I didn't like about this movie, but I still like the movie if that makes sense. I am a big Rocky fan (all but #5) so I think I am somewhat biased in this. Its good but not great and I just REALLY wish they took different angles on some of the story.

for example, I wish the Dragos weren't bad guys in the film. I wish they focused and built the story around the history, had an epic fight where they became friends in the end. Kind of like Rocky 2 with Rocky and Apollo. But that didn't happen and the Russians/Ukrainians are all assholes apparently. That notion worked better with Rocky 4 due to the Cold War... but if he was trying to play the same type of tension what I assume is being based off of Russian collusion, well that doesn't hold the same tension and in my opinion it wouldn't even if collusion was found.
I agree with the 5/10 for Aquaman. I thought that the visual effects were phenomenal. I thought that most of the actors did fine for what they were given. Though if they replaced Amber Heard in the sequel, I'd have no problem with it. I thought that the chemistry between Nicole Kidman and the guy that was Arthur's dad was much better than Momoa and Heard.
I'd give Creed 2 the same, a 5 out of 10. I didn't think it was as good as the first Creed.
I don't necessarily think that the Drago's were bad guys. Ivan had been shit on ever since the loss to Rocky and wanted to be back in the spotlight and was using his son to do it. At the end,
when it was obvious that his son was done, especially after his ex bailed when he started showing signs of losing
he realized he had fucked up and
threw in the towel like Rocky should've when Ivan killed Apollo in the ring
. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that they were flawed but not really bad guys, more of a product of their environment.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dragged my son and the ball and chain down with me.

I feel soiled after viewing.

Complete crap.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the 5/10 for Aquaman. I thought that the visual effects were phenomenal. I thought that most of the actors did fine for what they were given. Though if they replaced Amber Heard in the sequel, I'd have no problem with it. I thought that the chemistry between Nicole Kidman and the guy that was Arthur's dad was much better than Momoa and Heard.

I thought the effects were brutal. So obviously CGI it was like animation.

A brutal movie.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the effects were brutal. So obviously CGI it was like animation.

A brutal movie.

Yeah, I didn't think the CGI was anything great. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't incredible. I think the best CGI (that I can remember) was the tsunami/truck ride. The worst? Idk, the spinning trident shield thing was TERRIBLE... watch the hands, I just laughed.

But this movie was so damn cliche, predicatble, and corny it was honestly eye-rolling. I no longer understand RottenTomatoes and have resigned myself to it being purely political for blockbuster movies. I understand that it is 'determined' by the number of good tomato reviews vs the rotten ones, but there is no way enough actual critics could have watched this and said 'yeah, pretty good'. GTFOH.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 Days in May

Kinda shocked I'd never watched it before.

Burt Lancaster as a bad guy was different. Very good, would recommend.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Creed 2 the same, a 5 out of 10. I didn't think it was as good as the first Creed.
I don't necessarily think that the Drago's were bad guys. Ivan had been shit on ever since the loss to Rocky and wanted to be back in the spotlight and was using his son to do it. At the end,
when it was obvious that his son was done, especially after his ex bailed when he started showing signs of losing
he realized he had fucked up and
threw in the towel like Rocky should've when Ivan killed Apollo in the ring
. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that they were flawed but not really bad guys, more of a product of their environment.
Cmon Momoa couldn’t act his way out of a wet paper bag

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Momoa couldn’t act his way out of a wet paper bag
Not saying Momoa is or ever will be Oscar worthy (he wasn't done any favors with the script either) but Amber Heard was awful. I can at least tolerate Jason Momoa.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday I was searching at Youtube for anything interesting.

Tripped over full length HD, proper widescreen, DD sound, Good, Bad, Ugly.

Watched the entire thing. The proper widscreen on my new huge TV was stunning.

And Eli Wallach is absolutely over the top as Tucco.

I love this movie.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love this movie.

The best part of a great western... :nod:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love this movie.
I hope they didn’t fix the fucked up sound dubbing. The fact that it was done so poorly, to me, added to the charm of the movie.

Kinda like the scratching on a record, I guess...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they didn’t fix the fucked up sound dubbing. The fact that it was done so poorly, to me, added to the charm of the movie.

Kinda like the scratching on a record, I guess...

It was as it should be. But not cropped to fit 4:3, or chopped to fully fit a widescreen TV.

It had black bars top and bottom. Audio was similar to what you expect except it was just better.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazam

Some funny moments, not terrible, but doesn't stand out as something I'll remember or see again.

5/10

I'll say it again, I think DCs characters and stories are just bad in comparison to Marvels.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell or High Water

Really good movie but something I'd only watch once. Its a fairly generic script shot in a very smart way. The movie does a really good job slowly peeling back the curtain on the 4 main protagonists and eventually sets up the final act.

The first two acts of the movie really use repetition to lull you into a false security and once the movie turns to the town 'Post' it lets you know that the rules have changed. The movie does a really good job of making violence actually feel violent. The guns are up close and personal. Everything sets up a final scene where you have Bridges trying to come to terms with how someone like Pine could let 4 people die for money. Its a climax where the audience is actively rooting for neither protagonist to continue fighting. I dig it.

A-

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass

Character arcs came full circle but I was ultimately disappointed. The realistic approach to superhero films was refreshing, but it just felt like Shyamalan just wanted to tie up the stories as a means to an end from the very beginning. It could have been so much better. McAvoy was stellar in his Split character role yet again. Would have loved to have seen a 2nd Split before this.

5/10

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass

Character arcs came full circle but I was ultimately disappointed. The realistic approach to superhero films was refreshing, but it just felt like Shyamalan just wanted to tie up the stories as a means to an end from the very beginning. It could have been so much better. McAvoy was stellar in his Split character role yet again. Would have loved to have seen a 2nd Split before this.

5/10

I have a hard time with M. Night Charlatan movies.