• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw 22 Jumpstreet last night. I thought it was pretty funny at times*.

*I was pretty baked.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best movie of the year so far is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Watched it on Saturday. Well worth the price of admission. Watched it on 3-D XD and whatever else letters you want to put in there.

Really great emotions by the apes and a very believable movie. Just enough action and great plot line. Ending is obviously set up for a sequel. Highly recommend. A solid grade of A.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best movie of the year so far is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Watched it on Saturday. Well worth the price of admission. Watched it on 3-D XD and whatever else letters you want to put in there.

Really great emotions by the apes and a very believable movie. Just enough action and great plot line. Ending is obviously set up for a sequel. Highly recommend. A solid grade of A.
Really predictable plot, humans were total idiots, lots of implausible events to push the tired plot, no likable characters on either side, apes survive chokepoints, explosions, infighting, tanks, etc, while accurating firing machine guns while flailing. Its hilariously b movie but takes itself too seriously

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really predictable plot, humans were total idiots, lots of implausible events to push the tired plot, no likable characters on either side, apes survive chokepoints, explosions, infighting, tanks, etc, while accurating firing machine guns while flailing. Its hilariously b movie but takes itself too seriously

:agree:It was a terrible movie. I didn't care who won, I just wanted it to be over.:laugh3:

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with several points. There were likable characters on both sides. The main human character and his entire family were likable, as was Caesar and his wife and baby. The baboon like ape was also very likable.

I didn't see the plot as predictable at all.

Remember this is a movie and so of course certain liberties are taken with characters surviving.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with several points. There were likable characters on both sides. The main human character and his entire family were likable, as was Caesar and his wife and baby. The baboon like ape was also very likable.

I didn't see the plot as predictable at all.

Remember this is a movie and so of course certain liberties are taken with characters surviving.

I didn't like it at all.

However, your review on the 'Jersey Boys' was spot on.
I liked it a lot.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you expect anything else after the first one? I don't know how, but Rise of the Planet of the Apes managed to have more plot holes than the 2001 Planet of the Apes with Marky Mark.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, it was excellent.

can't believe i'd like an fx-laden film so much. it's rare to find one worth spending the money for a movie theater ticket on.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Non-Stop. I enjoyed it until what the reasoning behind it all was.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a massive understatement. The movie was a big Confucian propaganda piece that tried to string along ideas about human survival but failed to actually deliver a cohesive way of getting from point A to point B

When the apes charged the town, it shouldve ended like Last Samurai.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a massive understatement. The movie was a big Confucian propaganda piece that tried to string along ideas about human survival but failed to actually deliver a cohesive way of getting from point A to point B

When the apes charged the town, it shouldve ended like Last Samurai.

You might be overthinking this.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Sex Tape over the weekend. Not worth it. Cameron Diaz, nice body and that's about it. Gave it a C-

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took my 12 year old grandson to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on Saturday. He thought it was boring.......too many eye shots according to him.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on Netflix, looked interesting so I gave it a go. Very cool movie. I love the concept. I would suggest anyone who was a fan of Inception, Cloud Atlas and movies of that ilk to watch this.

mr-nobody_org.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched "Homefront" on Netflix over the weekend. Actually was a pretty decent movie. I gave it a 5/5 for Netflix standards. Probably more of a 8/10. Only thing I didn't like about it was Winona Ryder & James Franco. Pretty subpar casting job with those 2.

Most Jason Statham movies are pretty cheesy and outrageous, but this one was probably his best work yet (other than The Mechanic, that one kicked ass).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went and saw "Deliver Us From Evil" and it was pretty epic. The scare factor wasn't that great though. I'd call it more of a thriller than a horror movie. Don't get me wrong, it was still well done. The only scare factors that it had were the "make you jump" type. Like blaring loud noises after the calm quiet. But the special effects were awesome and it held a good creepy vibe. The exorcism part (not a spoiler) is probably one of the coolest thriller scenes that I've seen in a very long time.

8/10... Only because I wish it had a better scare factor to it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw Chef last weekend. It got great reviews but my wife and I both thought it was average at best and too long. There was just nothing great about it. The relationship between the dad(chef) and his son was ok. A 5... maybe ?

We just watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty on dvd which got below average reviews but was actually quite good. We both enjoyed it. Rotten Tomatoes is usually pretty reliable because you get a wide cross section of opinion, but they got both of those wrong, imo. At least a 7.