• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Blazing Saddles for the firs time and immediately found out why I never saw Blazing Saddles as a kid. The scenes in Rock Ridge with all of the Johnsons trying to figure out what they want to do was pretty amazing. The first couple of musical numbers were bad. One sounded like Rudolph the red nose reindeer, one was about a girl being tired and bored and I was tired and bored while watching it. Acting is top notch. Script is hit or miss. This movie is pretty likely to completely vanish from pop culture just due to all of the N words. I think Willy Wonka is still my definitive Gene Wilder movie while my gf thinks its Young Frankenstein.

Saw Night at the Museum 1 and II back to back. Really liked the first one. Mixture of old school actors with some newer ones. Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan were great. Robin Williams and Dick Van Dyke were really good but that almost goes without saying. Ben Stiller does his slapstick routine. Fun movie once you get past the first 20 minutes.

Night of the Museum II wasn't really a kids movie. Its a thinly disguised stoner movie. The only thing I wish is that you could grab Amelia Earhart and stick her in the first movie and give less screen time to Ben Stiller's Ex-Wife. Then you'd have a classic. As is:

A- for Night at the Museum 1
B- for Night at the Museum 2

Last edited:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Map to the Stars. That is a seriously fucked up movie. admittedly, it was like a train wreck I couldn't stop watching.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Blazing Saddles for the firs time and immediately found out why I never saw Blazing Saddles as a kid. The scenes in Rock Ridge with all of the Johnsons trying to figure out what they want to do was pretty amazing. The first couple of musical numbers were bad. One sounded like Rudolph the red nose reindeer, one was about a girl being tired and bored and I was tired and bored while watching it. Acting is top notch. Script is hit or miss. This movie is pretty likely to completely vanish from pop culture just due to all of the N words. I think Willy Wonka is still my definitive Gene Wilder movie while my gf thinks its Young Frankenstein.

Saw Night at the Museum 1 and II back to back. Really liked the first one. Mixture of old school actors with some newer ones. Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan were great. Robin Williams and Dick Van Dyke were really good but that almost goes without saying. Ben Stiller does his slapstick routine. Fun movie once you get past the first 20 minutes.

Night of the Museum II wasn't really a kids movie. Its a thinly disguised stoner movie. The only thing I wish is that you could grab Amelia Earhart and stick her in the first movie and give less screen time to Ben Stiller's Ex-Wife. Then you'd have a classic. As is:

A- for Night at the Museum 1
B- for Night at the Museum 2

Wait a minute, wait a minute. You are just seeing Blazing Saddles for the first time!? You must be a youngin.

Listen, I hate to break it to you, but that movie isn't going anywhere. It's generally regarded in the Top 3 funniest movies of all time.

I also hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but your girlfriend has better taste in movies.:lol:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandson went to see "Don't Breathe". He said it was so bad it that they should change the name to
"Don't Go"...............He and his girlfriend are 14 and said it's boring and stupid.

I dunno man. 87 on rotten tomatoes and RT rarely lies.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but your girlfriend has better taste in movies.:lol:
This is probably true.

Blazing Saddles came out 42 years ago. I'm not that young but the type of comedy in Blazing Saddles probably isnt something that translates well to kids these days. I think society is too PC

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the type of movie.
It basically tells you if people think the movie is consistently above average or consistently below average. Safe movies get bumped up (Secret Life of Pets for example) while contentious movies get bumped down.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It basically tells you if people think the movie is consistently above average or consistently below average. Safe movies get bumped up (Secret Life of Pets for example) while contentious movies get bumped down.

I feel like that's the best description of it. So that's not exactly worthless. It's basically a meter for whether or not alcohol is required to get through it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably true.

Blazing Saddles came out 42 years ago. I'm not that young but the type of comedy in Blazing Saddles probably isnt something that translates well to kids these days. I think society is too PC

That's cuz kids today are annoying af

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Bourne. I liked it but thought it wasn't quite as good as the other Bourne movies (barring the one with Jeremy Renner).

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Bourne. I liked it but thought it wasn't quite as good as the other Bourne movies (barring the one with Jeremy Renner).

The one with Jeremy Renner is the only one I've seen. Two words: Rachel Weisz...

gallery_298_17_1280.gif

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not taking movie advice from 14 year olds. Especially on a R rated horror movie. Power Rangers, sure. :thumb:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit man. You need to get on seeing the other ones.

Seriously. The Jeremy Renner one is the one I couldn't get through.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keanu. I'd rate it 6/10. Had some hilarious moments. Definitely worth a Redbox rental.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking movie advice from 14 year olds. Especially on a R rated horror movie. Power Rangers, sure. :thumb:

Especially 14 year olds who "saw it with their girlfriend" because if the girlfriend hated it, you can bet your ass he's siding with her regardless of whether he liked it or not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just quoting two 14 year olds. If you're a Rotten Tomato worshiper, no problem. I'm 67 and could give a rat shit about horror movies. Personally, I think they all suck. Wouldn't waste my money. While they were watching Don't Breathe, I was watching Mechanic Resurrection.