• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers still won't make the playoffs next year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willing to put your money where your mouth is?
I will put vcash and an avi bet on it....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with AD. The Pelicans will tho
ehh.....ill wait until i see what they do with the rest of free agency before making my Lakers prediction. But I will guarantee you that the Lakers see a lot of money in Vegas and betting the under on them will likely be the smart play.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called the lakers not making the playoffs last year

I call it like i see it!
in your defense htat is very true.

When I bet DJ that hte Lakers would not make the playoffs he paraded it around to everyone that listened that he was a genius and I was a sucker.

Well, we saw who the sucker was.

I have no clue what prediction ill make on the Lakers since we dont know how the rest of the offseason will shake out, but absent them landing a kyrie or kawhi or kemba, etc...I think they will win round 1 and lose in round 2. They need to add a ton of shooting and a ton of perimeter defense and have no draft assets and only about 24M in cap room.

we shall see though- ill make my final prediction once we see what Pelinka does with the rest of the off season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your defense htat is very true.

When I bet DJ that hte Lakers would not make the playoffs he paraded it around to everyone that listened that he was a genius and I was a sucker.

Well, we saw who the sucker was.

I have no clue what prediction ill make on the Lakers since we dont know how the rest of the offseason will shake out, but absent them landing a kyrie or kawhi or kemba, etc...I think they will win round 1 and lose in round 2. They need to add a ton of shooting and a ton of perimeter defense and have no draft assets and only about 24M in cap room.

we shall see though- ill make my final prediction once we see what Pelinka does with the rest of the off season.

guess SOME are hoping last year repeats itself... :lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the franchise is still run my jeanie buss and rob pelinka which just might be the worst owner/gm combo in north american sports (outside of the Wizards and Mets), so there is hope. lol:lol:

Jeannie Buss is a bad owner?

I didn't know the Lakers were losing money.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. Had the injury bug not hit the Lakers last year they would have made the playoffs.

So you start this stupid thread before the FA period's over. If you think the Lakers are done making roster moves you're even goofier than I thought.
That's where he looks totally ignorant, because His calm was the Lakers team as constructed wouldnt make the playoffs because they were not good enough. That is not what happened.

What happened was many injuries prevented the Lakers from making the playoffs. The evidence up to xmas day indicates the Lakers would be in the playoffs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a plethora of guys in Europe or on G league rosters who can shoot wide open 3s so finding cheap shooting to go with AD and LBJ will be easy . Personally if im LA I'm not signing another big name . Go get a couple role guys who can play D and handle the ball . Shooting is a dime a dozen when every shot you take is uncontested

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a plethora of guys in Europe or on G league rosters who can shoot wide open 3s so finding cheap shooting to go with AD and LBJ will be easy . Personally if im LA I'm not signing another big name . Go get a couple role guys who can play D and handle the ball . Shooting is a dime a dozen when every shot you take is uncontested

I don't agree with this take at all

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*whistle*
Unintentional trolling!!!
15 yards, the run scores, two free throws, and a penalty shot!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are plenty of guys who can consistently make open 3s.

That is true.

But there is also a reason those guys aren't NBA players. Just about all will get barbecued defensively.

Shooting is at such a premium in the NBA because you have to at least be able to hold your own defensively. For as much flack as guys like JJ Reddick get, he is 6'4 and he is reasonably athletic. And he is like bottom 10% in terms of NBA perimeter defenders.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD and LeBron both stay relatively healthy they will make the playoffs. Now, having said that, I'm not seeing them as the title favorites as many see them

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD and LeBron both stay relatively healthy they will make the playoffs. Now, having said that, I'm not seeing them as the title favorites as many see them
Depends on how they round out the roster... they need 2 things to go right:
  • LeBron and AD have to stay healthy
  • They need to round out the roster with decent 3+D role players
They get that, they are on the short list of title contenders... no doubt.

They got the hard part done (acquired LeBron then AD), the rest *should* be easier.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of guys who can consistently make open 3s.

That is true.

But there is also a reason those guys aren't NBA players. Just about all will get barbecued defensively.

Shooting is at such a premium in the NBA because you have to at least be able to hold your own defensively. For as much flack as guys like JJ Reddick get, he is 6'4 and he is reasonably athletic. And he is like bottom 10% in terms of NBA perimeter defenders.

Well yes my point is there is much more to ones job than making threes. Lebron also thrives with an additional creator on the floor. The 2018 Cavs didn't really have that and it showed.

And yes....defense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been proven numerous times with the Heat, Cavs, Rockets recently . Shooting contested shots is tough . Shooting uncontested shots is not . Having 2 elite guys on the same team means someone is always going to get an open 3. There are literally 15 guys in the G league who shot 43% or better from 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how they round out the roster... they need 2 things to go right:
  • LeBron and AD have to stay healthy
  • They need to round out the roster with decent 3+D role players
They get that, they are on the short list of title contenders... no doubt.

They got the hard part done (acquired LeBron then AD), the rest *should* be easier.

SHOULD but it seems like they really didn't do much work to get those two stars there. Lebron wanted to be in LA, not much recruiting done by Magic lets be honest. And AD basically was saying he wanted to be force traded to the Lakers, they give up all their young core and poof.

This could actually be a lot more challenging for a mentally challenged guy like Pelinka. If they go down the same path as they did last offseason they are in trouble, but like you said it should be a no-brainer how to fill out the rest of this roster imo.