• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The kicking battle

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vedvik has been cut by two teams since his trade and is unemployed. Piniero is 4 for 4 with two 50+ yarders. One being a game winning 53 yarder. He is also perfect on PAT's. It's early, but so far... this thread is not aging well for the ole genius. Not the stance taken against Piniero. Not the repeated pledges of allegiance to Vedvik.

He wanted to keep Parkey....The dude can't even get a roster spot on a CFL team...but genius was saying we should have brought him in to camp. This is by far the worst thread I have ever witnessed regarding the Bears...which is why I must keep it alive...forever.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted to keep Parkey....The dude can't even get a roster spot on a CFL team...but genius was saying we should have brought him in to camp. This is by far the worst thread I have ever witnessed regarding the Bears...which is why I must keep it alive...forever.

Bringing Parkey to camp and having him lose the starting role is somehow "wrong"? That's not wrong, that's called "having a backup plan instead of making an emotional decision". But you're an idiot so what else can i expect?

It's been 2 games and everyone is acting like Pineiro is the next Robbie Gould. Calm down idiots, it's only 2 games.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Piniero had missed on any of his attempts...particularly the game winner...you’d be on this thread telling everyone how right you are.

So.....yeah.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Piniero had missed on any of his attempts...particularly the game winner...you’d be on this thread telling everyone how right you are.

So.....yeah.

No i wouldn't. Because i never went around saying Pineiro would suck like i did Jordan Howard and countless other players i've predicted correctly over the years.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? Did all your brain cells die of old age? There is absolutely nothing wrong with making Parkey win his job. If Pineiro is better, he would simply win the job. Yeah and so what?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely nothing wrong with making Parkey win his job.

There was nothing wrong with cutting him either.

Done and over with. Do you really want to continue to cry over spilled milk? I would think someone that's a genius would be above being this petty.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing wrong with cutting him either.

Done and over with. Do you really want to continue to cry over spilled milk? I would think someone that's a genius would be above being this petty.

old age has made you stubborn gramps.

you seem to not understand what the word genius means. And this isn't the first time either. I consider Michael Jordan a genius too, but i'm sure he can be petty and isn't a spelling wizard. Not that these traits have anything to do with me of course.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing Parkey to camp and having him lose the starting role is somehow "wrong"? That's not wrong, that's called "having a backup plan instead of making an emotional decision". But you're an idiot so what else can i expect?

It's been 2 games and everyone is acting like Pineiro is the next Robbie Gould. Calm down idiots, it's only 2 games.

I give you no slack on this. You wanted to bring in a guy that choked multiple times, has no leg, that no other team wanted, wants or ever will want again, and had been through 4 different teams in 5 seasons. And that INCLUDES camp. Nobody even had them in their camp for all of preseason. The Jets brought him into their camp for 2 days at the last second before the season started after an injury...and he lost out the job to a guy that lost the Jets their game in week 1...and the Jets STILL chose another kicker over Parkey after that. LOL

God help us all if you took such logic into any other more important position. No. Just no. Not on our field...not in our clubhouse...not anywhere near Bourbonnais, much less Soldier Field. Not now...Not ever. That f*cker goes 10/10 in preseason and then we're f*cked in the ass if we do that. Preseason is worthless. 2 games of actual football where a kicker drops multiple 50 yarders including a game winner over 50 is worth more than Parkey has ever done in his career...so you're goddamn right it's a million times better than last year.

I f*cking love Pineiro. You said he's worse than Parkey. Nah...A mule that could kick over 50 yards would be better than Parkey.

I won't retort personal attacks anymore...It seems like every other post on this board has some sort of "you're a dumbass...you're an idiot" statement attached to it in all different directions. I very, very rarely did that before I started regularly posting here. So that's about a good enough of that. I caught myself doing it on the NFL thread again yesterday and the foot is down. I'm done going down that drain. But you're goddamn right I'm going to meme you into the grave for the next 15 years or however long this board lasts because you're the only Bears fan I've witnessed that wanted Parkey to come back...so buckle up and make "idiot" one of your hotkey shortcuts cuz we're going sailing genius.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he's worse than Parkey. Nah...A mule that could kick over 50 yards would be better than Parkey.

You can keep making things up but doesn't make it true.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he's worse than Parkey. Nah...A mule that could kick over 50 yards would be better than Parkey.

3avrd9.jpg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Semantical bullsh*t. Congrats, you're an expert in posting tap-dancing when you know exactly the point you were getting across. "Pineiro is not better. He could easily be worse." You know where you were going. You weren't saying that they were exactly the same, on the same level or anywhere close...because they weren't...aren't...and never will be. Noodle leg chokejob Parkey couldn't hold Pineiro's jock...or his own in an NFL locker room. Just the leg power alone made Pineiro better and not even close to equivalent, and that's why he's playing professional football and Parkey isnt.

Take your memes like a man son.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantical bullsh*t. Congrats, you're an expert in posting tap-dancing when you know exactly the point you were getting across. "Pineiro is not better. He could easily be worse." You know where you were going. You weren't saying that they were exactly the same, on the same level or anywhere close...because they weren't...aren't...and never will be. Noodle leg chokejob Parkey couldn't hold Pineiro's jock...or his own in an NFL locker room. Just the leg power alone made Pineiro better and not even close to equivalent, and that's why he's playing professional football and Parkey isnt.

Take your memes like a man son.

It’s okay. You’re just not very bright that’s why you’re confused.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s okay. You’re just not very bright that’s why you’re confused.

Duly noted as tacit acceptance of the memes continuing without further resistance.

And now...This:

3ax06r.jpg

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pineiro ends up being a reliable, good kicker for us, it helps make up for the mistake that Parkey was, and the dead money that's on our cap as a result. Minus the missed kicks last year, just consider it as us paying Pineiro $2 mil per year or whatever it comes out to be that we're currently eating on Parkey.

It also looks good in the respect that Pace traded for Pineiro to add to the Chris Blewitt and Elliot Fry competition. Provided Eddy doesn't fall flat on his face, i don't know how you could say the Bears didn't make the best of a bad situation with this kicking game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very creative with your cartoons Jid!!

And I'll just go on record that I'm damn glad the Bears showed patience with Eddie during the preseason and no patience with Parkey after last season, the latter of which was a complete no-brainer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pineiro ends up being a reliable, good kicker for us, it helps make up for the mistake that Parkey was, and the dead money that's on our cap as a result. Minus the missed kicks last year, just consider it as us paying Pineiro $2 mil per year or whatever it comes out to be that we're currently eating on Parkey.

It also looks good in the respect that Pace traded for Pineiro to add to the Chris Blewitt and Elliot Fry competition. Provided Eddy doesn't fall flat on his face, i don't know how you could say the Bears didn't make the best of a bad situation with this kicking game.

It's 5.2 million that we lost in cutting Parkey. However, if Pineiro is really our guy? It's worth every penny. Yes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Parky was a mistake. He drew attention away from Trubisky and Nagy stinking up the joint. I hope these two are just off to a slow start.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Parky was a mistake. He drew attention away from Trubisky and Nagy stinking up the joint. I hope these two are just off to a slow start.

I mean, Parkey's missed kick also obliterated what would have been remembered as Mitchell Trubisky's finest hour. His 4th quarter play was flawless, as were his final two drives in that Philly game. That would have been his big moment if not for dickhead clanking one off the post.

I thought Nagy did a pretty damn good job in the Denver game. He responded to his poor game vs GB with an extremely balanced attack and got the run game going for us. He did a great job of controlling TOP as well. The first 3 quarters we were wearing that Denver D down and ours was staying relatively fresh. In the end, we had a couple possessions that didn't eat up the necessary clock. However, I never felt it was due to the plays Nagy was calling.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Parkey's missed kick also obliterated what would have been remembered as Mitchell Trubisky's finest hour. His 4th quarter play was flawless, as were his final two drives in that Philly game. That would have been his big moment if not for dickhead clanking one off the post.

I thought Nagy did a pretty damn good job in the Denver game. He responded to his poor game vs GB with an extremely balanced attack and got the run game going for us. He did a great job of controlling TOP as well. The first 3 quarters we were wearing that Denver D down and ours was staying relatively fresh. In the end, we had a couple possessions that didn't eat up the necessary clock. However, I never felt it was due to the plays Nagy was calling.
I'm gonna cling to some hope that it's just a slow start for the offense but i'm not hopeful right now. Just glad we got a win so we're not starting in a 0-2 hole. The one thing we have going for us is that the NFL is much more about how you finish than how you start, so as long as you don't lose too much early on, you can make a run in the playoffs if you're hitting on all cylinders.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna cling to some hope that it's just a slow start for the offense but i'm not hopeful right now. Just glad we got a win so we're not starting in a 0-2 hole. The one thing we have going for us is that the NFL is much more about how you finish than how you start, so as long as you don't lose too much early on, you can make a run in the playoffs if you're hitting on all cylinders.

That is basically how I feel. I'm willing to give SOME benefit of the doubt, but I'm definitely worried and not feeling overly hot.

So far as this team's long-term hopes. With Brees going down for New Orleans. Suddenly we have four games coming up that are all very winnable. I know some fear Minnesota, but let me tell you... Kirk looked the same as he always has to me vs a decent defense and/or on the road on Sunday in GB. Minnesota rarely ever wins here to begin with since the turn of the century. However, that guy really does not scare me. I think that team is exactly what it was last season. I think our D is going to tee-off on Cousins.

But... let's just get above .500 and beat what should be a well below average Washington team.