• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The kicking battle

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddy Money: Pineiro perfect as good vibes roll in kicker battle

So far, so good. Both kickers are having strong camps, with no clear-cut advantage to either one. The going consensus has been that Pineiro has the stronger leg, Fry is a touch more consistent, but both are doing well in their respective weaker areas as well. Of course this isn't real time, it remains to be seen how they each perform in actual games. And who knows, Pace may still go with a tested veteran at some point up to the start of the season. But all in all, it's a positive as to what's taking place in the most questioned area of the Bears roster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will continue to pull for Piniero who I believe has the higher ceiling. However, Fry's leg does seem to be getting stronger. I know he had the distance on the 60 yarder he missed wide right, while Piniero made it.

Piniero just seems like he was ready to become a reliable NFL kicker a year ago after a big college career and strong camp/pre-season. This competition has to have only made him better.

I mean, overall, the way we've approached this. It's making both guys better, it seems. This is good. I have a good feeling that whoever wins this becomes the Gould replacement we've been waiting on for 3 years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing more than an uneducated guess, but I think it's ultimately Pineiro's job to lose.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Pineiro while he was a Gator. I think he is your best bet.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone likes Pineiro except dumbass over there in the corner with his Cody Parkey oogie boogies.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful this happens but Kaare Vedvik of the Ravens will become available for a trade. Vedvik was excellent last year before he got hurt. I doubt we trade another pick for another kicker but he is a capable guy out there.

Obviously with Justin Tucker the Ravens don't need another kicker. Ravens will stash Vedvik as their backup kicker and will entertain trade offers (offers they were getting last year as well before Vedvik got hurt).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first preseason game is almost here and the excitement amongst bears fans is palpable. Everyone is itching to find out exactly what the bears have at the kicker position. How much longer do we have to wait for preseason game number 1!? I can’t contain myself!!!!!!!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All eyes on Montgomery. Who by the way reminds me nothing of Matt Forte.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All eyes on Montgomery. Who by the way reminds me nothing of Matt Forte.
With hopefully one exception. I loved Forte and actually believed he was underrated or at least underappreciated as a pass receiver and blocker, and while he didn't have blazing speed, his play was faster than many gave him credit for. But one facet of his running game that I was never crazy about was how often he seemed to go down rather easily on a hit. I have no record of his play by play stats, but he seemed to be rather poor at moving the chains on runs where it was like 3rd-n-1, 2nd-n-2. Supposedly one of Montgomery's positives is his ability to break tackles, so hopefully he's better at that than was Forte.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With hopefully one exception. I loved Forte and actually believed he was underrated or at least underappreciated as a pass receiver and blocker, and while he didn't have blazing speed, his play was faster than many gave him credit for. But one facet of his running game that I was never crazy about was how often he seemed to go down rather easily on a hit. I have no record of his play by play stats, but he seemed to be rather poor at moving the chains on runs where it was like 3rd-n-1, 2nd-n-2. Supposedly one of Montgomery's positives is his ability to break tackles, so hopefully he's better at that than was Forte.

Forte got nothing but praise for his ability in the passing game. I mean, people slobbed his knob (rightfully) for years over that. His talent did not go underappreciated.

After 2012, though. He did see a decline in his burst as a runner and got ankle tackled from behind more than any RB I can remember. I remember thinking that it was just odd how much that would happen.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't mean to slight Forte at all. I loved the guy. He was a great all around back. Being a 3 down back may be the only similarity i see Montgomery with Forte however. But Montgomery's running style is just so much more agile than Forte's.

Of course we haven't seen anything in a real NFL game yet but call me crazy, Montgomery runs like Saquon (without the obvious top end speed).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be serious here, they talk about position battles on both sides of the ball, how much will the starters play, if at all, and how this player or that player will fare in tonite's game. But to me it's all about how our two kickers will perform, as this is the dominant preseason storyline. Not sure if each will get a shot in this game or if one gets to do all the kicking tonite and the other does it all the following week. If I had to pick the anointed "starter", it will be Pineiro, but to me it's still almost a 50/50 battle to win the position.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be serious here, they talk about position battles on both sides of the ball, how much will the starters play, if at all, and how this player or that player will fare in tonite's game. But to me it's all about how our two kickers will perform, as this is the dominant preseason storyline. Not sure if each will get a shot in this game or if one gets to do all the kicking tonite and the other does it all the following week. If I had to pick the anointed "starter", it will be Pineiro, but to me it's still almost a 50/50 battle to win the position.

Uggh. Watching kickers battle it out is about the least exciting thing to watch. I'm sure they'll pick the better guy and I trust they'll do that. But as a fan, it's all about Montgomery and the defense (also Trubisky but i doubt he'll even suit up). I couldn't care less about actually having to watch the kickers.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggh. Watching kickers battle it out is about the least exciting thing to watch. I'm sure they'll pick the better guy and I trust they'll do that. But as a fan, it's all about Montgomery and the defense. I couldn't care less about actually having to watch the kickers.

Actually, good point, and I probably shouldn't have posted as if there was nothing else worth watching. I was simply inferring that the kicking battle is going to be the main fight thruout the preseason. I won't be able to watch the game live out here, but I've already got it DVR'd for when it does show on the NFL channel in a couple of days. And yes, Montgomery is very much worth watching.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to also mention Duke Shelley. I keep reading more and more about how well Duke Shelley is doing and could be the steal of the draft. I can't wait to see this kid in action too.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news kicker Kaare Vedvik of the Ravens went 3/3 today:

26 yards
45 yards
55 yards

This guy is clearly better than both Fry or Piniero.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news kicker Kaare Vedvik of the Ravens went 3/3 today:

26 yards
45 yards
55 yards

This guy is clearly better than both Fry or Piniero.
Fry looks good to me, but I think you are right that Vedvik is the best option. The guy can be a back up punter too. However, how much are you willing to trade for him? I’m guessing Pace already kicked the tires and determined the price was too high. I’d send the 7th rounder we get back from cutting Pineiro. However, if Fry continues to kick accurately, I wouldn’t send anything more. I doubt Baltimore keeps 2 kickers on the roster and will need to cut one before the season starts. However, there are plenty of other teams in need of a kicker that might pony up.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fry looks good to me, but I think you are right that Vedvik is the best option. The guy can be a back up punter too. However, how much are you willing to trade for him? I’m guessing Pace already kicked the tires and determined the price was too high. I’d send the 7th rounder we get back from cutting Pineiro. However, if Fry continues to kick accurately, I wouldn’t send anything more. I doubt Baltimore keeps 2 kickers on the roster and will need to cut one before the season starts. However, there are plenty of other teams in need of a kicker that might pony up.

Both Fry and Piniero just seems so inconsistent to me. We cheer when they make their kick after holding our breaths. I don't feel comfortable with either at all.

I think there are several teams looking for a kicker aside from us and the Ravens know it. They will stash Vedvik while taking offers. Ravens definitely want to trade Vedvik. No way they release him outright.

Here are our picks for 2020:
2, 2, 5, 5 (conditional), 6, 6 (conditional), 7

At this point i'm so sick of this, i would give up a 5th and a 6th to get Vedvik and not worry about this any more. Pace screwed up here, he should have traded for Vedvik earlier instead of Piniero.

And in case anyone is thinking it, no way will any team offer us anything for Fry or Piniero.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddy Money: Pineiro perfect as good vibes roll in kicker battle

So far, so good. Both kickers are having strong camps, with no clear-cut advantage to either one. The going consensus has been that Pineiro has the stronger leg, Fry is a touch more consistent, but both are doing well in their respective weaker areas as well. Of course this isn't real time, it remains to be seen how they each perform in actual games. And who knows, Pace may still go with a tested veteran at some point up to the start of the season. But all in all, it's a positive as to what's taking place in the most questioned area of the Bears roster.

downloadfdsdfs.jpg :heh:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3