• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Josh Harris Era

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not debating anything other than the logic involved. You stated it was illogical. I have shown you logic in the pick. You made claims trying to show it was illogical and I refuted everything you said.

I am sure the phone will be ringing as well; however, we don’t know who and what the offers will be.

Interesting, Harris has made decisions? Harris should absolutely have a say because it is a business first and foremost. An unwise decision at 2 will cost the business money.
Not to be arguementive here but it seems the narrative has changed with snyder and harris.

I agree with your business comment. That is true and I have said that for years.

That being said, for years on this board and the extremeskins board, snyder was roasted for mingling, giving advice, etc in football related matters. The phrase..".just sign the checks" was made repeatedly. We all wanted snyder to stay out of it.

I will state that snyder made free agent decisions, forced draft picks like Haskins, etc. That is true.

Snyder was also a terrible person, that is true.

I dont think harris will make draft pick calls, demand free agents be signed, etc. I could be wrong. Bottom line, to me, harris and snyder could do the same thing but harris would be given the benefit of the doubt because...he isn't snyder.

What I will say is that this organization does not perform well when we try to deviate from the general manner a team is run. Example like Rivera being GM, having the owner woo free agents and make draft selections, mayhew and rivera calling every nfl team asking about their qb situation, etc.

I for one, speaking by myself, want us to act and mirror our organizations after successful nfl franchises. When I see uncommon behavior, yes, that is a red flag to me.
I was confused why he would consult nba GMs, etc. That was weird...others disagreed. I still think harris wants to turn the front office into another nba type front office. Just my 2 cents. Maybe it will work?

Now he is sitting in qb interviews. To me, that is not done and weird. Why are other nfl owners not doing it? Nobody knows.

What I do know is that fans apparently will make excuses for this team not matter what. I posted articles showing how absurd and pathetic we looked in calling other teams asking about qbs. We were mocked repeatedly, however, most posters here didn't think it was a big deal.

Same with harris. He is going to make mistakes...every owner does. It's OK to disagree or be confused by it. Building a cult of personality to harris is something I am not going to do or be part of.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats fine. IMO its odd that he is there.
I agree with Dean on this one.

Unless other owners are there and personally attending interviews, it's not a good look in my opinion.

I have no issues with owners shaking hands when a player does a visit, but going to the combine, milling around, sitting in on interviews is not done to the best of my knowledge.

I am not buying the "he is learning" explanation either. He was a minority owner of the steelers.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be a complete idiot at times.

Dad never said he won’t have a say. He is the boss. If he wants a say, he has a say. Nope…meddling is putting in your two cents and people understanding you will get your way. It is not meddling to say I don’t want this guy as an employee.

Nope…you are simply wrong. I have shown you the logic. It is irrefutable. Just because there is some logic, does not make it a wise choice. I think you need to get a better understanding of some words within the English language.

it was reported that Harris will not be involved in the decision making. that was from dad. You are the idiot. You are the idiot who would even debate Bowers at #2. Just like you were an idiot when saying Christian McCaffery wasn't a first-round pick.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Dean on this one.

Unless other owners are there and personally attending interviews, it's not a good look in my opinion.

I have no issues with owners shaking hands when a player does a visit, but going to the combine, milling around, sitting in on interviews is not done to the best of my knowledge.

I am not buying the "he is learning" explanation either. He was a minority owner of the steelers.

I cant get over the push back im getting on this. After coming from what we came from of an owner. I heard he wants to be in the draft room too. I guess he is just going to sit there eating a bag of chips? lol. Im sure he will speak up about his opinions of his experience through the process. Of course he can do that but what if that causes conflict? 1000% agree with you it's not a good look at the combine.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant get over the push back im getting on this. After coming from what we came from of an owner. I heard he wants to be in the draft room too. I guess he is just going to sit there eating a bag of chips? lol. Im sure he will speak up about his opinions of his experience through the process. Of course he can do that but what if that causes conflict? 1000% agree with you it's not a good look at the combine.
how do you expect a 6 billion dollar investor not to have a say so?common sense says he will and you should,nt get pissed.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you expect a 6 billion dollar investor not to have a say so?common sense says he will and you should,nt get pissed.
So every other mlb, nfl, NHL, and nba owner is attending combine interviews?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters invited Harris. Harris said yes.

Harris has no history or intervening in player picks as far as I know.

Not sure why this is even a discussion other than dean being the consumate troll.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im not pissed, He should have say but not in draft picks, FA, and things that the GM should be handling as far as the players go. Thats all im saying. The team brand, stadium, and all the other things of course he has say in. He hired Peters to run to the show let him do it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my own theories about the push back but that's me.

If snyder attended nfl qb interviews, this place would have melted down.

I think fans were so desperate to be rid of Snyder, that any owner and actions will be tolerated.

Harris is a good guy, but I am not going to jump up and down, cry, and faint like we live in a totalitarian regime and must honor the leader.

Furthermore, it's laughable to have to be afraid to speak up or express any concern or confusion if you disagree with harris or the organization.

It's secret police season..that's for sure.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be arguementive here but it seems the narrative has changed with snyder and harris.

I agree with your business comment. That is true and I have said that for years.

That being said, for years on this board and the extremeskins board, snyder was roasted for mingling, giving advice, etc in football related matters. The phrase..".just sign the checks" was made repeatedly. We all wanted snyder to stay out of it.

I will state that snyder made free agent decisions, forced draft picks like Haskins, etc. That is true.

Snyder was also a terrible person, that is true.

I dont think harris will make draft pick calls, demand free agents be signed, etc. I could be wrong. Bottom line, to me, harris and snyder could do the same thing but harris would be given the benefit of the doubt because...he isn't snyder.

What I will say is that this organization does not perform well when we try to deviate from the general manner a team is run. Example like Rivera being GM, having the owner woo free agents and make draft selections, mayhew and rivera calling every nfl team asking about their qb situation, etc.

I for one, speaking by myself, want us to act and mirror our organizations after successful nfl franchises. When I see uncommon behavior, yes, that is a red flag to me.
I was confused why he would consult nba GMs, etc. That was weird...others disagreed. I still think harris wants to turn the front office into another nba type front office. Just my 2 cents. Maybe it will work?

Now he is sitting in qb interviews. To me, that is not done and weird. Why are other nfl owners not doing it? Nobody knows.

What I do know is that fans apparently will make excuses for this team not matter what. I posted articles showing how absurd and pathetic we looked in calling other teams asking about qbs. We were mocked repeatedly, however, most posters here didn't think it was a big deal.

Same with harris. He is going to make mistakes...every owner does. It's OK to disagree or be confused by it. Building a cult of personality to harris is something I am not going to do or be part of.
Peters invited him to do so

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not pissed, He should have say but not in draft picks, FA, and things that the GM should be handling as far as the players go. Thats all im saying. The team brand, stadium, and all the other things of course he has say in. He hired Peters to run to the show let him do it.
He should have say in all of it dean , he owns the team but having say, being involved , doesn’t mean he is making all the calls . He point blank said he wouldn’t be making picks but he would hold people making the picks accountable

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my own theories about the push back but that's me.

If snyder attended nfl qb interviews, this place would have melted down.

I think fans were so desperate to be rid of Snyder, that any owner and actions will be tolerated.

Harris is a good guy, but I am not going to jump up and down, cry, and faint like we live in a totalitarian regime and must honor the leader.

Furthermore, it's laughable to have to be afraid to speak up or express any concern or confusion if you disagree with harris or the organization.

It's secret police season..that's for sure.

i said the same thing about the melt down.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have say in all of it dean , he owns the team but having say, being involved , doesn’t mean he is making all the calls . He point blank said he wouldn’t be making picks but he would hold people making the picks accountable

i agree with you. I dont want him making the calls just b/c he paid 6 billion for the team. Lets hope we can trust him for saying that.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every other mlb, nfl, NHL, and nba owner is attending combine interviews?
if they want to learn the business,certainly.you guys are getting pissed for no reason.i expect it from kids,not grown men.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they want to learn the business,certainly.you guys are getting pissed for no reason.i expect it from kids,not grown men.
First of all, I am not pissed.

Second of all, how does he not know the business if he was a minority owner of the steelers?

If skinsdad is right, as I believe he is, then peters invited him. Interesting move to say the least, and I am sure he had his reasons.

But again, the melt downs here over anyone questioning harris or peters is laughable. I am not going to rubber stamp and throw roses to peters or harris on everything they do.

If we are supposed to blindly follow, refrain from asking questions, abolish any team discussions, then skinsdad should retire the board and shut it down. Apparently having discussions here is forbidden unless it involves saying how amazing harris and peters are.

Or, the only other option is for everyone here sing praises to harris and peters on a daily basis.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I am not pissed.

Second of all, how does he not know the business if he was a minority owner of the steelers?

If skinsdad is right, as I believe he is, then peters invited him. Interesting move to say the least, and I am sure he had his reasons.

But again, the melt downs here over anyone questioning harris or peters is laughable. I am not going to rubber stamp and throw roses to peters or harris on everything they do.

If we are supposed to blindly follow, refrain from asking questions, abolish any team discussions, then skinsdad should retire the board and shut it down. Apparently having discussions here is forbidden unless it involves saying how amazing harris and peters are.

Or, the only other option is for everyone here sing praises to harris and peters on a daily basis.
it,s common sense to think somebody investing 6 billion wants to know about the business better than he originally did.i have more respect for harris and peters than i did dumbass dan.i don,t kiss the ring though.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it,s common sense to think somebody investing 6 billion wants to know about the business better than he originally did.i have more respect for harris and peters than i did dumbass dan.i don,t kiss the ring though.
And I asked a simple question about if you or anyone else here knows of an mlb, NHL, MLS, nba, or nfl owner who attends combine interviews in person.

Perhaps it is common practice?

I received no answer and was called out.

You have repeatedly said harris invested 6 billion. I can read and understand that. I am saying that is not common in pro sports for an owner to attend an interview in person...regardless of who the owner is or how much they paid.

If I am wrong, please advise.

Two things can be right at the same time.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I asked a simple question about if you or anyone else here knows of an mlb, NHL, MLS, nba, or nfl owner who attends combine interviews in person.

Perhaps it is common practice?

I received no answer and was called out.

You have repeatedly said harris invested 6 billion. I can read and understand that. I am saying that is not common in pro sports...regardless of who the owner is or how much they paid.
then you understand investors want a say in the business regardless.i don,t think he has quite the stupidity of snyder.i give him a chance till he screws the pooch.