• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Josh Harris Era

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you go by the player. the player produced. CM produced at Carlona. The draft pick worked out, regardless of what the team records were.

Yes, redskinsfan said that, to take Bowers at #2 overall that is why I replied to him, then you chimed in. IMO its Illogical to take a TE that high in the draft. Even if we need one. If you are saying its logical to take a TE over a stud WR or LT like Alt if we are forced to make the pick at #2 and Peters doesnt like the Qb's, then we disagree.

It s never going to happen. Bowers at #2. If you find logic in this then that is your opinion. I disagree.

No argument the player produced but it proves my point that RBs should not be taken high…at all. pick has to lead to victories for it to work. There cannot be a steady decline in wins and call it a good pick.

redskinsfan…did you say you would take Bowers #2 overall? Would you trade down if possible and take him later if it is available?

Dean…you need to learn what nuance means. You still need to look up the word logical. I showed you the logic…we both disagree with the decision but there is logic in the pick of Bowers at 2. Logic is not an opinion.

Now to refute your statements…would you rather Travis Kelce or Mike Evans. I venture to say the top TE has been far more important than one of the top WRs. There are a lot of good WRs…there are very few consistently dominant TEs. The consistently dominant TEs in the modern era are Kelce, Gronk, and Kittle. I have seen plenty of question marks on Alt and each QB.

Now let’s play your McCaffery game…Would it be logical to take Bowers if he becomes the best TE in the game, while the QBs become Kyler Murray, RG3, and Jared Goff, and MHJ is AJ Green and Nabers is Crabtree and Alt becomes Duane Brown?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument the player produced but it proves my point that RBs should not be taken high…at all. pick has to lead to victories for it to work. There cannot be a steady decline in wins and call it a good pick.

redskinsfan…did you say you would take Bowers #2 overall? Would you trade down if possible and take him later if it is available?

Dean…you need to learn what nuance means. You still need to look up the word logical. I showed you the logic…we both disagree with the decision but there is logic in the pick of Bowers at 2. Logic is not an opinion.

Now to refute your statements…would you rather Travis Kelce or Mike Evans. I venture to say the top TE has been far more important than one of the top WRs. There are a lot of good WRs…there are very few consistently dominant TEs. The consistently dominant TEs in the modern era are Kelce, Gronk, and Kittle. I have seen plenty of question marks on Alt and each QB.

Now let’s play your McCaffery game…Would it be logical to take Bowers if he becomes the best TE in the game, while the QBs become Kyler Murray, RG3, and Jared Goff, and MHJ is AJ Green and Nabers is Crabtree and Alt becomes Duane Brown?

I also from the school of never take a RB in round 1 but CMC was different. He was and is a dominate 3 down back. That warrants a first round pick, and you cant fault the PAnthers for taking him

Alt and Bowers are ranked pretty much the same. MHJ higher. So if he we had to stay at #2 and the pick had to be a non QB i would take MHJ and Alt over Bowers. How is the Atlanta TE making out Pitts? He had high rankings like Bowers too. Anybody can bust but I have OT and WR higher on my priiorty list than TE. I know we need a TE but we also need LT and WR. Well no need for WR right now but MHJ is supposed to be a cant miss prospect. He is BPA at #2. So to me its not logical to take Bowers over AlT or MHJ b/c LT and WR are more important positions IMO.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also from the school of never take a RB in round 1 but CMC was different. He was and is a dominate 3 down back. That warrants a first round pick, and you cant fault the PAnthers for taking him

Alt and Bowers are ranked pretty much the same. MHJ higher. So if he we had to stay at #2 and the pick had to be a non QB i would take MHJ and Alt over Bowers. How is the Atlanta TE making out Pitts? He had high rankings like Bowers too. Anybody can bust but I have OT and WR higher on my priiorty list than TE. I know we need a TE but we also need LT and WR. Well no need for WR right now but MHJ is supposed to be a cant miss prospect. He is BPA at #2. So to me it’s orry not logical to take Bowers over AlT or MHJ b/c LT and WR are more important positions IMO.

Sorry but CMC simply proves RBs shouldn’t be taken high.

You have Alt ranked the same as Bowers and MHJ ranked higher. NFL.COM has MHJ and Bowers about equal and Alt a decent amount below them.

Kyle Pitts was never the player that Bowers was in college.

MHJ is not even the number one WR in many rankings.

Stop using the word logical because you are incapable of doing so.

We would think that a dominant OT or WR is more important than a dominant TE but that is not what the last 15 years has shown.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have Alt ranked the same as Bowers and MHJ ranked higher. NFL.COM has MHJ and Bowers about equal and Alt a decent amount below them.

We would think that a dominant OT or WR is more important than a dominant TE but that is not what the last 15 years has shown.
The Detroit lions aren’t in the NFC title game without Gibbs , a1st round pick , the 49ers arent in the superbowl without CMC . I don’t buy silly “rules “ about what positions are drafted where , you take the best talent

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit lions aren’t in the NFC title game without Gibbs , a1st round pick , the 49ers arent in the superbowl without CMC . I don’t buy silly “rules “ about what positions are drafted where , you take the best talent

I am not sure about Gibbs being the reason. He didn’t even lead their team in rushing in 2 out of 3 playoff games…Montgomery did.

CMC wasn’t drafted by the team he helped.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:D
Its not logical taking Bowers at 2 b/c its doesn't make sense. Therefore, its illogical. :D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D
Its not logical taking Bowers at 2 b/c its doesn't make sense. Therefore, it’s illogical. :D

Logic is defined as reasoning conducted or assessed acording to strict principles of validity.

Inhave already given you many valid reasons as to why it does make sense.