• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Josh Harris Era

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you understand investors want a say in the business regardless.i don,t think he has quite the stupidity of snyder.i give him a chance till he screws the pooch.
I agree with that.

I will ask for the tenth time...what other owners are sitting in on these interviews (MLB, NHL, NBA, MLS, NFL)?

Is Harris the smartest owner in ALL of pro sports or is this more common practice?

I find it odd that the same talking points continue to get brought up each time. These are simple questions I am asking and nobody seems to have the answers.

Again, I get he is an owner and has a say.

Again, I get that he might be "trying" to learn the business.

Neither of those points addresses my simple question.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be arguementive here but it seems the narrative has changed with snyder and harris.

I agree with your business comment. That is true and I have said that for years.

That being said, for years on this board and the extremeskins board, snyder was roasted for mingling, giving advice, etc in football related matters. The phrase..".just sign the checks" was made repeatedly. We all wanted snyder to stay out of it.

I will state that snyder made free agent decisions, forced draft picks like Haskins, etc. That is true.

Snyder was also a terrible person, that is true.

I dont think harris will make draft pick calls, demand free agents be signed, etc. I could be wrong. Bottom line, to me, harris and snyder could do the same thing but harris would be given the benefit of the doubt because...he isn't snyder.

What I will say is that this organization does not perform well when we try to deviate from the general manner a team is run. Example like Rivera being GM, having the owner woo free agents and make draft selections, mayhew and rivera calling every nfl team asking about their qb situation, etc.

I for one, speaking by myself, want us to act and mirror our organizations after successful nfl franchises. When I see uncommon behavior, yes, that is a red flag to me.
I was confused why he would consult nba GMs, etc. That was weird...others disagreed. I still think harris wants to turn the front office into another nba type front office. Just my 2 cents. Maybe it will work?

Now he is sitting in qb interviews. To me, that is not done and weird. Why are other nfl owners not doing it? Nobody knows.

What I do know is that fans apparently will make excuses for this team not matter what. I posted articles showing how absurd and pathetic we looked in calling other teams asking about qbs. We were mocked repeatedly, however, most posters here didn't think it was a big deal.

Same with harris. He is going to make mistakes...every owner does. It's OK to disagree or be confused by it. Building a cult of personality to harris is something I am not going to do or be part of.

Harris would be given the benefit of the doubt until it did not work. If Snyder had good results influencing decisions, nobody would complain.

Successful franchises like NE and KC where the coaches have all the power. Got it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was reported that Harris will not be involved in the decision making. that was from dad. You are the idiot. You are the idiot who would even debate Bowers at #2. Just like you were an idiot when saying Christian McCaffery wasn't a first-round pick.

Yes it was reported…now if you believe that to be 100% true, then you are a fool.

When did I debate Bowers at 2? I said there was logic behind it.

McCaffery is not a first rounder for me because I don’t select RBs early. Also, how did McCaffery work out for the team that drafted him?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

I will ask for the tenth time...what other owners are sitting in on these interviews (MLB, NHL, NBA, MLS, NFL)?

Is Harris the smartest owner in ALL of pro sports or is this more common practice?

I find it odd that the same talking points continue to get brought up each time. These are simple questions I am asking and nobody seems to have the answers.

i don,t know the answer.but google may.i usually go there when stumped.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was reported…now if you believe that to be 100% true, then you are a fool.

When did I debate Bowers at 2? I said there was logic behind it.

McCaffery is not a first rounder for me because I don’t select RBs early. Also, how did McCaffery work out for the team that drafted him?

He worked out quite well for the Panthers, hence they got a nice trade for him. Are you denying CM's ability? lol. I disagree, there is no logic taking Bowers at #2.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He worked out quite well for the Panthers, hence they got a nice trade for him. Are you denying CM's ability? lol. I disagree, there is no logic taking Bowers at #2.
is this based on your ability to evaluate talent?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

I guarantee Jerry Jones does.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee Jerry Jones does.
Then that is a good reason why an owner should NOT be in the room.

I could be wrong but I believe Jones is the acting GM as well.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that is a good reason why an owner should NOT be in the room.

I could be wrong but I believe Jones is the acting GM as well.
He is.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I asked a simple question about if you or anyone else here knows of an mlb, NHL, MLS, nba, or nfl owner who attends combine interviews in person.

Perhaps it is common practice?

I received no answer and was called out.

You have repeatedly said harris invested 6 billion. I can read and understand that. I am saying that is not common in pro sports for an owner to attend an interview in person...regardless of who the owner is or how much they paid.

If I am wrong, please advise.

Two things can be right at the same time.
I do think owners have gone to the combine , off the top of my head Jones and Kraft have done it , as well as the Mara’s and even Rooney’s

I never heard of them being in on interviews though but I will also say many owners have taken prospects out to dinner , tepper did this last yr and the yr before

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?
2017- 11-5
2018- 7-9
2019- 5-11
2020- 5-11
2021- 5-12

So feel free to tell me how well it turned out for Carolina.

I am not denying CM’s ability. I am stating the importance of the position means CM is not much different than Joe Mixon or Raheem Mostert.

Brock Bowers is the fourth highest rated player in this draft. While MHJ, Nabers, and Caleb Williams are ranked higher, their positions have far more depth in this draft as Sanders is the #2 ranked TE and far below many other WRs and QBs. Would you take Travis Kelce #2 overall? How about Gronk?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think owners have gone to the combine , off the top of my head Jones and Kraft have done it , as well as the Mara’s and even Rooney’s

I never heard of them being in on interviews though but I will also say many owners have taken prospects out to dinner , tepper did this last yr and the yr before
Like I said, it might be a new trend.

He could be trend setter?

Harris might be the first wave of a new type of owner?

Things change as we all know. I think harris might try to blend nfl and nba type ownership?

He seems like a solid person and owner thus far to me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?
2017- 11-5
2018- 7-9
2019- 5-11
2020- 5-11
2021- 5-12

So feel free to tell me how well it turned out for Carolina.

I am not denying CM’s ability. I am stating the importance of the position means CM is not much different than Joe Mixon or Raheem Mostert.

Brock Bowers is the fourth highest rated player in this draft. While MHJ, Nabers, and Caleb Williams are ranked higher, their positions have far more depth in this draft as Sanders is the #2 ranked TE and far below many other WRs and QBs. Would you take Travis Kelce #2 overall? How about Gronk?

im going by CM's ability. It was a great draft pick for Carolina. He produced as a player. You want your 1st round pick to produce as a player and he did. For me it doesn't make sense to take Bowers at #2.

That is your opinion that Bowers is the 4th highest rated player in this draft. Im not doubting the player, but its more reasonable to get him in a trade down if Peters doesn't like the QB;s. Ive seen mock drafts that Bowers is not even a top 10 pick. If Peters doesn't like the QB's and he is unable to trade down, i think he picks MHJ.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im going by CM's ability. It was a great draft pick for Carolina. He produced as a player. You want your 1st round pick to produce as a player and he did. For me it doesn't make sense to take Bowers at #2.

That is your opinion that Bowers is the 4th highest rated player in this draft. Im not doubting the player, but its more reasonable to get him in a trade down if Peters doesn't like the QB;s. Ive seen mock drafts that Bowers is not even a top 10 pick. If Peters doesn't like the QB's and he is unable to trade down, i think he picks MHJ.
his sb records are amazing.right up there with his sb wins. :thumb:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

Duke, I'm not looking for smoke, but how many GMs are inviting owners to interviews?
That counter may not be precisely accurate, but if he was invited, isn't that different than simply inserting himself in the process, kind of like a Jerry Jones

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who listens to the John Keim Report podcast would here that Harris was just observing.

I'd rather have an owner that wants to learn instead of one that thinks he knows it all.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who listens to the John Keim Report podcast would here that Harris was just observing.

I'd rather have an owner that wants to learn instead of one that thinks he knows it all.

Yeah, honestly I think it's a good look for the bruised and battered fans. Josh is present, invested and cares about the process. He accepted an invitation likely knowing he'd get criticized. Respect

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is your opinion that Bowers is the 4th highest rated player in this draft. Im not doubting the player, but it’s more reasonable to get him in a trade down if Peters doesn't like the QB;s. Ive seen mock drafts that Bowers is not even a top 10 pick. If Peters doesn't like the QB's and he is unable to trade down, i think he picks MHJ.

You said he worked out quite well for the Panthers. I just proved you wrong. CM did produce but the team sucked…so it did not work out for the team to take a RB that high.

I don’t think anybody is actually saying we SHOULD take Bowers at 2.

It is not my opinion that he is the fourth highest rated player in the draft. It is the opinion of the experts on NFL.COM. You stated it was illogical…I simply showed you there was logic. You need to be able to say that you Dean are wrong or misspoke.

I agree it would be better to get Bowers in a trade down but you need to understand mocks are not really that accurate.

I have seen Nabers more highly ranked than MHJ in a few rankings now.

I expect us to take a QB at 2. If we don’t take a QB, I expect a trade down.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he worked out quite well for the Panthers. I just proved you wrong. CM did produce but the team sucked…so it did not work out for the team to take a RB that high.

I don’t think anybody is actually saying we SHOULD take Bowers at 2.

It is not my opinion that he is the fourth highest rated player in the draft. It is the opinion of the experts on NFL.COM. You stated it was illogical…I simply showed you there was logic. You need to be able to say that you Dean are wrong or misspoke.

I agree it would be better to get Bowers in a trade down but you need to understand mocks are not really that accurate.

I have seen Nabers more highly ranked than MHJ in a few rankings now.

I expect us to take a QB at 2. If we don’t take a QB, I expect a trade down.

of course you go by the player. the player produced. CM produced at Carlona. The draft pick worked out, regardless of what the team records were.

Yes, redskinsfan said that, to take Bowers at #2 overall that is why I replied to him, then you chimed in. IMO its Illogical to take a TE that high in the draft. Even if we need one. If you are saying its logical to take a TE over a stud WR or LT like Alt if we are forced to make the pick at #2 and Peters doesnt like the Qb's, then we disagree.

It s never going to happen. Bowers at #2. If you find logic in this then that is your opinion. I disagree.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you go by the player. the player produced. CM produced at Carlona. The draft pick worked out, regardless of what the team records were.

Yes, redskinsfan said that, to take Bowers at #2 overall that is why I replied to him, then you chimed in. IMO its Illogical to take a TE that high in the draft. Even if we need one. If you are saying its logical to take a TE over a stud WR or LT like Alt if we are forced to make the pick at #2 and Peters doesnt like the Qb's, then we disagree.

It s never going to happen. Bowers at #2. If you find logic in this then that is your opinion. I disagree.
it,s great having a talented draft evaluator here like you dean.:thumb: