• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Josh Harris Era

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every owner has final say and it’s naive to think otherwise . The question will be will he listen to his professionals or not ? His other franchises , he listened

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any way Josh has final say. I saw Grant Paulsen tweet that he has sat in on all six of the QB interviews and nothing else. Tells me QB at 2 is pretty much a lock.

If I owened the team and hired Peters, I'd want to be in the room for the QB interviews. I'd probably sit silently and observe, but I'd definitely want to be in the room.

Josh was never going to be completely hands off. He benched Brissett (which I'm glad he did) to save the pick.

The NBA had to step in and talk to Harris about the 76ers trust the process ordeal.

Thats said, I don't think he is gonna roll in on draft day and order anyone to draft "his guy." I don't see that. Jmo
I want the draft room to have:

Peters
Newmark
Quinn
Lead scout and director of scouting
KK
Whitt

I hope harris is skulking around like snyder was and I hope it's not a zoo like Rivera had it. The room appeared disorganized and more like a kindergarten classroom.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every owner has final say and it’s naive to think otherwise . The question will be will he listen to his professionals or not ? His other franchises , he listened
Every owner has the final say.
Exhibit A: Stan kronkie

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the draft room to have:

Peters
Newmark
Quinn
Lead scout and director of scouting
KK
Whitt

I hope harris is skulking around like snyder was and I hope it's not a zoo like Rivera had it. The room appeared disorganized and more like a kindergarten classroom.

Does it bother you that Harris is in the interview process for Qb's?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any way Josh has final say. I saw Grant Paulsen tweet that he has sat in on all six of the QB interviews and nothing else. Tells me QB at 2 is pretty much a lock.

If I owened the team and hired Peters, I'd want to be in the room for the QB interviews. I'd probably sit silently and observe, but I'd definitely want to be in the room.

Josh was never going to be completely hands off. He benched Brissett (which I'm glad he did) to save the pick.

The NBA had to step in and talk to Harris about the 76ers trust the process ordeal.

Thats said, I don't think he is gonna roll in on draft day and order anyone to draft "his guy." I don't see that. Jmo

agree QB is a lock and I dont think there will be a trade down,

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it bother you that Harris is in the interview process for Qb's?
I will get flamed for this and at this point, I don't care.

Yes, some of harris actions do bother me.
I have never been a kiss the ring of the owner guy. I didn't do it with snyder and I won't do it with harris.

Harris, to me, seems like he wants to own another nba team. He seems to want to recreate an nba front office and run it like an nba operation. I am not saying he is wrong because he has only owned the team for such a short time. He could be the greatest owner in the history of the nfl. This could be the start of how nfl offices will be run in the future.

I know nba owners can be involved with high nba picks. I am guessing harris is doing what he has seen. He has consulted Elton brand in the past and Myers is in our front office.

I dont like it but whatever. I still believe bezos should have bought the team and believe bezos will have a better franchise than harris will. Just my opinion. What I am not going to do is pretend that harris is perfect and that what he is doing doesn't bother me. My opinion, harris should not be in any interviews. Let peters do his job.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never been a kiss the ring of the owner guy. I didn't do it with snyder and I won't do it with harris.

Harris, to me, seems like he wants to own another nba team. He seems to want to recreate an nba front office and run it like an nba operation. I am not saying he is wrong because he has only owned the team for such a short time. He could be the greatest owner in the history of the nfl. This could be the start of how nfl offices will be run in the future.

I know nba owners can be involved with high nba picks. I am guessing harris is doing what he has seen. He has consulted Elton brand in the past and Myers is in our front office.

I dont like it but whatever. I still believe bezos should have bought the team and believe bezos will have a better franchise than harris will. Just my opinion. What I am not going to do is pretend that harris is perfect and that what he is doing doesn't bother me. My opinion, harris should not be in any interviews. Let peters do his job.
I don't see myself agreeing with everything Josh does. I just think we will have a chance to be a competent organization under him and I'll take that.

Loved Jack Kent Cooke but he was hard to deal with at times. Just ask Joe Gibbs. Gibbs is on record as saying Cooke put his finger in his face and told him to "fix it."

At the end of the day Cooke let Bobby and Joe do their job and I expect Josh to do the same. Not allowing Ron to start Brissett was a good move and I applaud Josh stepping in like that.

Josh knew having the number 2 pick was more important than Ron finishing his coaching career above .500

Peters is here now. I assume Josh will step back a bit.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We agree on Harris should not be at the interview process and Peters an Co should be.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No absolutely not

ok. Then you want harris to be a "hands on" owner like Synder was when Synder first bought the team? I thought Harrs would let Peters and Co. handle this.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see myself agreeing with everything Josh does. I just think we will have a chance to be a competent organization under him and I'll take that.

Loved Jack Kent Cooke but he was hard to deal with at times. Just ask Joe Gibbs. Gibbs is on record as saying Cooke put his finger in his face and told him to "fix it."

At the end of the day Cooke let Bobby and Joe do their job and I expect Josh to do the same. Not allowing Ron to start Brissett was a good move and I applaud Josh stepping in like that.

Josh knew having the number 2 pick was more important than Ron finishing his coaching career above .500

Peters is here now. I assume Josh will step back a bit.
Good points.

Not trying to talk down to you, convince you, or proselyte here, but to me, he seems to want to run another nba team.

Maybe that is his strategy? Maybe he doesn't know what he doesn't know? Maybe he is leading the only way he knows how?

I have never seen and nfl owner mirror what nba teams do like this. That is all I am saying.

Does it concern me? Yes.

Do I think harris sux and that Snyder should come back? No.

The sky isn't falling and the sun will rise. We are in much better hands than we were this time last year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some you guys would not be happy not matter who the owner is or how they conduct business.

Who thought the guy was going to spend $6 billion and would go sit in the corner?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some you guys would not be happy not matter who the owner is or how they conduct business.

Who thought the guy was going to spend $6 billion and would go sit in the corner?

Not sit in the corner but I thought he would be involved more in the off the field stuff. Like the stadium, name change, etc. Siting in on combine interviews raised an eyebrow for me. Peters and co should be running the football ops. FA, combine, and draft.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure you who are refering to.

Sit in a corner...no

Sit in on NFL Combine interviews....that is strange and not done generally speaking.

I find it odd that Snyder was blasted up and down for years and years on the board for trying to get to get too involved and NOT wanting to simply sign the checks. I feel ALL of it was justified personally.

Now, Harris is attending NFL Combine interviews and that is ok?

So....if Snyder attended NFL Combine interviews...that is blaspheme and a big red flag correct? I remember Snyder attending the RG3 workout and there was a meltdown.

Now, Harris does it and its acceptable and ok? Fill in the blanks if I am missing something here.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you who are refering to.

Sit in a corner...no

Sit in on NFL Combine interviews....that is strange and not done generally speaking.

I find it odd that Snyder was blasted up and down for years and years on the board for trying to get to get too involved and NOT wanting to simply sign the checks. I feel ALL of it was justified personally.

Now, Harris is attending NFL Combine interviews and that is ok?

So....if Snyder attended NFL Combine interviews...that is blaspheme and a big red flag correct? I remember Snyder attending the RG3 workout and there was a meltdown.

Now, Harris does it and its acceptable and ok? Fill in the blanks if I am missing something here.

Exactly!! that is why I mentioned Synder in my posts about this matter.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but it could give the wrong impression to the player if he is at the interview. How are the players interpreting Harris being at the interview?
Not sure if its a red flag. I think Josh is learing how to be an NFL owner and wants to see how every process works. I also think he'll be in there looking for major red flags/deal-breakers. Jmo

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL interviews have you been in duke and dean?