• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Josh Harris Era

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts were they may have more big spenders.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing insights, as usual.

I thought it was hilarious to begin with that the corporate offices were at Fed Ex. I wonder if they had sewage, hot water, and fire alarm issues too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont know what to make of it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things Harris has done is attract sponsors new and old. Sponsors like having tickets they can use or share with their customers. Not to mention $6 billion needs to be paid off.

We are getting close to the time I am excited for. Rebuilding the entire organization, I am still so happy Dan is gone.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are some players on the team but it will be up to the new staff to identify them.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observation - was talking to a friend who is a Steeler fan and mentioned one of the many rumors was Tomlin to Washington. Josh has some experience as a Steeler minority owner so probably knows Tomlin to some extent. Long story shorter I asked my friend how old Tomlin was (thinking he was in his 60s.) He is only 51 .... food for thought.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observation - was talking to a friend who is a Steeler fan and mentioned one of the many rumors was Tomlin to Washington. Josh has some experience as a Steeler minority owner so probably knows Tomlin to some extent. Long story shorter I asked my friend how old Tomlin was (thinking he was in his 60s.) He is only 51 .... food for thought.
Today on the show Grant predicted Bienemy to Pittsburgh. It would be something if Tomlin came here and kept EB.

Posted earlier that Mike Jones said that Harris' track record in veteran coaches with a proven track record. (Rivers/Nurse)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today on the show Grant predicted Bienemy to Pittsburgh. It would be something if Tomlin came here and kept EB.

Posted earlier that Mike Jones said that Harris' track record in veteran coaches with a proven track record. (Rivers/Nurse)
I like Tomlin. I think his record is is 70 games over .500. Not that it matters I did not know he was a Tidewater VA guy and that he went to William & Mary. Would need a solid OC.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tomlin. I think his record is is 70 games over .500. Not that it matters I did not know he was a Tidewater VA guy and that he went to William & Mary. Would need a solid OC.
Yeah, local guy. Side note. I have a feeling Harris is going to be a little more "hands on" than we think.

He and Shen supposedly cooked up the Sweat and Chase trades. I know we are excited and simply trying to connect dots at this point, but reputable local journalists are openly talking about what Harris looks for in a coach. Thought that was going to be the GM's job.....and it still might.

Don't want to jump the gun. It's all speculation at this point. Peters name gets tossed around a lot. It seems he's the hot name. I'd love to know what role, if any, he played in scouting and drafting Trey Lance.

Not saying Trey can't play. No one really knows that, but I trust Kyle Shanahan and if he moved off of him that quick, he saw something he didn't like and didn’t think he could fix.

Kyle was the first one to come to the realization that McNabb was done. Just ready to get the season over with and turn the page on Dan Snyder.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan hated the McNabb trade from the beginning which was also the beginning of the Shanahan vs. Snyder/Riff.

It was a shit show and I think a power play for the rest of the time the Shanahans were here.

Fair point to wonder about Peters and the trade up to get Lance. He wasn't Lynch or Kyle so who knows. Not saying he should be the guy but SF has been one of the top teams for several years.

I still don't have a problem with trading Sweat and Chase. Young was underperforming and maybe Sweat too. I do not think trades like this are over. Josh paid $6 billion to own the team. I do not have a problem with him having an opinion as long as he is talking to good football people.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan hated the McNabb trade from the beginning which was also the beginning of the Shanahan vs. Snyder/Riff.

It was a shit show and I think a power play for the rest of the time the Shanahans were here.

Fair point to wonder about Peters and the trade up to get Lance. He wasn't Lynch or Kyle so who knows. Not saying he should be the guy but SF has been one of the top teams for several years.

I still don't have a problem with trading Sweat and Chase. Young was underperforming and maybe Sweat too. I do not think trades like this are over. Josh paid $6 billion to own the team. I do not have a problem with him having an opinion as long as he is talking to good football people.
I have a feeling they knew they were going to have to franchise Sweat, but he sure signed fast in Chicago. Who knows. I kinda agree on more trades. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Allen or even McLaurin were traded.

Harris might blow this thing up.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So refreshing. We all witnessed how Gruden and Scot were treated on their way out the door.

Screenshot_20240108_100313_Instagram.jpg

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Josh Harris treated RR with class and respect, because it's the right hting to do in this case. RR deserved to be fired for his performance as a coach however, and I'm glad he's no longer going to be leading the team.

The bringing in of other GM's outside the organization - the Golden State one in particular - is a pretty savvy move. for starters , the Golden State guy helped to create a dynasty, is well liked by Golden State fans apparently, and was also apparently 2x winner of NBA Executive of the year.

I suppose Spielmann is there for connections, or to further illustrate the differences between how a NBA franchise's management group is set up versus how an NFL team sets up their franchises.

Maybe Hurney / Mayhew are there to run the day to day for now, until the new leadership team can take over - to promote a seamless transition, in other words.

I doubt either of those two will be around when it's time for the draft.

Hopefully the beginning of a new chapter for the Commanders and us long, long, LOOOONNNNNGGGGG suffering fans.