• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Josh Harris Era

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of us believe it will happen this off season but that might not be the case but when it does watch out . Draft needs will change , guys like TMAC could be on the trading block . if we get a coach that runs a 3/4 defense that will change things . We have no idea what direction it will take

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of us believe it will happen this off season but that might not be the case but when it does watch out . Draft needs will change , guys like TMAC could be on the trading block . if we get a coach that runs a 3/4 defense that will change things . We have no idea what direction it will take
Excellent points, hmmm, I wonder which players our fellow posters also see in possible trades with regime change? One thing that's certain, it's going to happen and some real favorites might not be here for long.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent points, hmmm, I wonder which players our fellow posters also see in possible trades with regime change? One thing that's certain, it's going to happen and some real favorites might not be here for long.
tmac , payne , allen are tradable guys a new regime may choose to get draft picks for . dotson could be there too . and fans shudder at that thought but its entirely possible

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tmac , payne , allen are tradable guys a new regime may choose to get draft picks for . dotson could be there too . and fans shudder at that thought but its entirely possible
My 12-year-old grandson just read your response and added that if there are going to be changes, they might get a 5th rounder for Gibson too!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 12-year-old grandson just read your response and added that if there are going to be changes, they might get a 5th rounder for Gibson too!
he is right !

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has taken another step in the Josh Harris era:

He has hired Chen, hopefully a good thing

Young and Sweat traded - I think Josh is saying we aren't paying millions for sort of good.

Grabbed a couple of draft choices

I think most of us think a new GM and HC will follow when the season is over.

Requires a little patience but it is kind of fun to think of new possibilities.

There is a new sheriff in town.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Young and Sweat traded - I think Josh is saying we aren't paying millions for sort of good.

I know the offensive line needs fixing, but I have a feeling the new GM will not try to plug holes in the draft as if we are close.

Don't be surprised if they go all in on BPA and the top pick is used on a player that falls at a position the fanbase doesnt feel is a need.

What if one of the top edges are there or if we end up at 4-13 and Marvin Harrison Jr. is sitting there?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the offensive line needs fixing, but I have a feeling the new GM will not try to plug holes in the draft as if we are close.

Don't be surprised if they go all in on BPA and the top pick is used on a player that falls at a position the fanbase doesnt feel is a need.

What if one of the top edges are there or if we end up at 4-13 and Marvin Harrison Jr. is sitting there?
Kb, I didn't figure you to be all doom and gloom before anything of the sort happens. This guy Harris just spent 6B on a franchise doing so in a creative way. Yesterday's trades should give you some hope that Harris has a vision for this team and it starts by acquiring assets to obtain young talent. In doing so, he will hire his own GM who will hire his HC. This will be refreshing and we will acquire a lot of young talent quickly along with the young talent we already have. Yesterday's moves indicate to me the future is bright.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kb, I didn't figure you to be all doom and gloom before anything of the sort happens. This guy Harris just spent 6B on a franchise doing so in a creative way. Yesterday's trades should give you some hope that Harris has a vision for this team and it starts by acquiring assets to obtain young talent. In doing so, he will hire his own GM who will hire his HC. This will be refreshing and we will acquire a lot of young talent quickly along with the young talent we already have. Yesterday's moves indicate to me the future is bright.
I wasnt stating it as if it was a bad thing. I think its smart. I would hope they wouldn't pass on a perennial pro-bowl talent at any position because a portion of the fanbase feels we are a LT and LG away from the Superbowl.

If LT or LG is BPA, you jump.on that. I just hope Harris is smart enough not to go into this draft as if we are one class away.

Draft Pro Bolwers. Draft BPA.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the new FO is in place we will have a better handle on needs

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm excited by the moves, lots of folks are in denial that we need a rebuild. Rivera preaching 7 wins and we are almost there messed a lot of people up. I would've moved MORE guys

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt stating it as if it was a bad thing. I think its smart. I would hope they wouldn't pass on a perennial pro-bowl talent at any position because a portion of the fanbase feels we are a LT and LG away from the Superbowl.

If LT or LG is BPA, you jump.on that. I just hope Harris is smart enough not to go into this draft as if we are one class away.

Draft Pro Bolwers. Draft BPA.
This is going to drive the "trade down to get more picks" folks crazy!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way i trade down is if the guy i want is gone and i cant find equal value . and if that is the case does it matter ? i am not a trade up guy because if you miss then the franchise is set back 1/2 a decade

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way i trade down is if the guy i want is gone and i cant find equal value . and if that is the case does it matter ? i am not a trade up guy because if you miss then the franchise is set back 1/2 a decade
Yeah, trading down to me means getting the lesser pedigreed guys and totally eliminates BPA.

BTW; We have got to find a one-word term for "setting back a franchise for 1/2 a decade" The early leader is "Snydering!"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, trading down to me means getting the lesser pedigreed guys and totally eliminates BPA.

BTW; We have got to find a one-word term for "setting back a franchise for 1/2 a decade" The early leader is "Snydering!"
snyder isnt the only owner who went all in on a qb have have it blow up in their collective faces . now if you scout then fine however i dont know if our new network of scouts will be up to the task in less then one year

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes sense, but if they want to build this up the right way draft difference makers. You fill needs in FA.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so much smarter and capable than the old guy.