• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The John Stockton Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it ironic that Stockton basically says that the health department shouldn’t run restaurants and gyms when I feel like people shouldn’t take medical advice from a basketball player.

I wonder how effective these videos would be if they only got immunologists with medical doctorates to talk. (I say medical doctorates just because I don’t want a bunch of physicia assistants or nurses doing it.) There seems to be enough out there that are willing to be political. But even then, I wouldn’t have the time or resources to see whether these people actually were doctors and board certified. Taking the word for it doesn’t seem worthwhile. And sometimes there would be statements taken out of context.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it ironic that Stockton basically says that the health department shouldn’t run restaurants and gyms when I feel like people shouldn’t take medical advice from a basketball player.

I wonder how effective these videos would be if they only got immunologists with medical doctorates to talk. (I say medical doctorates just because I don’t want a bunch of physicia assistants or nurses doing it.) There seems to be enough out there that are willing to be political. But even then, I wouldn’t have the time or resources to see whether these people actually were doctors and board certified. Taking the word for it doesn’t seem worthwhile. And sometimes there would be statements taken out of context.
What does he think the health department should do, then?

If they weren't allowed to shut down restaurants that didn't meet sanitation requirements, then there would be some restaurants that didn't mandate washing of hands; a minimum standard of cleanliness; getting rid of pets such as rodents, etc.

Some restaurants would continue to operate in such a state, if they weren't forced by the health department to clean up.

Second of all, I understand his concern that kids won't be able to practice.

Fortunately, for basketball, it can still be practiced outdoors, it doesn't require an indoor gym.

People will find ways to practice various sports outdoors.

Even an indoor sport like ice skating or ice hockey, can be practiced in an outdoor rink.

Yes, it's more difficult to practice some things, but with some modifications, people can find ways to do so.

Also, sometimes practicing things doesn't involve actually playing the sport, but practicing certain movements or building certain muscles. There are always stories of certain athletes doing "unorthodox" training, to hone in on a certain skill. And for some people, they do work.

For example, I was watching a documentary on Russian hockey, and one of the training exercises involved doing flips / somersaults.

While we don't actually see that used in hockey games, that exercise must build a certain coordination or muscle group, that translates to hockey.

Third, it's disappointing that he endorses a video series company that makes tabloid style videos. It would have been better if he went with a video company that was more scientific.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a video of Stockton's ovation for his final regular season games, home and/or road? The final game that year was a regular season road game, in Sacramento. Coincidentally their future playoffs opponent.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a video of Stockton's ovation for his final regular season games, home and/or road? The final game that year was a regular season road game, in Sacramento. Coincidentally their future playoffs opponent.

The one where Stockton and Malone went to the bench with a standing ovation from Sacramento was the playoffs and it was his last game. is on YouTube if you want to look it up.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But what about the final regular season game? I think there was an ovation then too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something wrong with Stockton. He said this on 1/23/22.

"There's 150 I believe now- it's over 100 athletes dead, professional athletes, the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court."

What an outright lie.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"There's 150 I believe now- it's over 100 athletes dead, professional athletes, the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court."

What an outright lie.

Yeah, I thought that was stupid and wrong. When I first saw the documentary trailer, I thought that he was only talking about all the potential stars or borderline players who won’t be discovered because the games were canceled. But then I saw more about what he said. I had hoped that he was just giving the athlete’s perspective of closures. But I was wrong. And then they suspended his season tickets at Gonzaga because he wouldn’t wear a mask. I suppose they either believed that he would still give to his alma mater or that they believe strongly enough in it that they suspended his tickets.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought that was stupid and wrong. When I first saw the documentary trailer, I thought that he was only talking about all the potential stars or borderline players who won’t be discovered because the games were canceled. But then I saw more about what he said. I had hoped that he was just giving the athlete’s perspective of closures. But I was wrong. And then they suspended his season tickets at Gonzaga because he wouldn’t wear a mask. I suppose they either believed that he would still give to his alma mater or that they believe strongly enough in it that they suspended his tickets.

It was just an incredibly odd thing for him to say.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What an outright lie.
If he said that, I would expect some kind of a list of each name, from him.

As the first step in corroborating it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he said that, I would expect some kind of a list of each name, from him.

As the first step in corroborating it.

It's not if he said it because he did say it. And of course he didn't have a list of athletes that dropped dead on the field from the vaccine because that never happened.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you could say all April 30ths are the worst days in sports.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, can you find a video of Stockton's final moments, without mentioning the date? Thanks.

And delete the reference to the date.

And then post # 418.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, can you find a video of Stockton's final moments, without mentioning the date? Thanks.

And delete the reference to the date.

And then post # 418.

No, dates are to be remembered, revered. If they are not remembered, they will be repeated.