• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The John Fox Era Begins

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. When the face of your franchise and an all-time team icon is treated unceremoniously by the franchise that he poured his guts out for, what does that say to star recruits or FA's, that may or may not decide to play here?

WTF are you talking about- Unceremoniously?? The Chicago Bears paid the dude 80 FREAKIN MILLION DOLLARS!!! $80,000,000.00 (that's the most a LB has ever made in the NFL- Even more then Ray Lewis.)
What more could they have done? Gave a 35 year old with bad a knee and diminishing skills MORE money? Just because of his name or what he did 6 years ago?

There is something to be said for "history" and being a founding franchise and all that. As a way to attract FA's BUT The way to get FA's to play here is simple. FAT STACKS OF CASH!!! That's it. While they probably could have handled the Urlacher departure a little better in the media- the fact was, he was acting like a cry baby who couldn't accept his career was over.

(watch out Leo, I just talked crap about another former bear! oh No!!... facts are difficult to accept for some)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you 12? Why does everything have to be so fucking dramatic with you?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. When the face of your franchise and an all-time team icon is treated unceremoniously by the franchise that he poured his guts out for, what does that say to star recruits or FA's, that may or may not decide to play here?

WTF are you talking about- Unceremoniously?? The Chicago Bears paid the dude 80 FREAKIN MILLION DOLLARS!!! $80,000,000.00 (that's the most a LB has ever made in the NFL- Even more then Ray Lewis.)
What more could they have done? Gave a 35 year old with bad a knee and diminishing skills MORE money? Just because of his name or what he did 6 years ago?

There is something to be said for "history" and being a founding franchise and all that. As a way to attract FA's BUT The way to get FA's to play here is simple. FAT STACKS OF CASH!!! That's it. While they probably could have handled the Urlacher departure a little better in the media- the fact was, he was acting like a cry baby who couldn't accept his career was over.

(watch out Leo, I just talked crap about another former bear! oh No!!... facts are difficult to accept for some)

It's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its really not about the free agents, we know big name free agents are not the way to build a team, but when there is a Revis out there getting cut because his team tossed so much in the dead money column on him, it might have an effect on him showing up.

What did Briggs learn from Urlacher? Hold out and get paid. I wish we had another urlacher on this team now, but there comes a time to learn from past mistakes. I guess for us, that regime is not here anymore, and the organization that allowed it to happen lets each new GM make all the football calls so its not their fault anyway.

bah.........If a player is under contract and they wanna hold for more money.........let`em sit.

I have no espect for that shit......It must`ve sounded like a great deal when they put their John Hancock on the dotted line at the time,but it doesn`t now?

You signed it,you abide by it until your contract is up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things can only go up from here.

Pretty pumped about the hires.

So far, so good.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would hope that John Fox knows more about this job than Beengay does. Jus sayin.

Well, to each his own. I think fox did that so urlacher wouldn't talk shit when things get bad. I don't think it would've mattered to be honest.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox and Fangio are solid hires and Bears fans have every reason to feel optimistic for the upcoming season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox and Fangio are solid hires and Bears fans have every reason to feel optimistic for the upcoming season.
Thanks, but not every reason. We still got a QB that kills us with turnovers and Fox will not succeed until we get better QB play. The coaching staff means little if they don't recognize this simply fact. This is where I will be grading them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the thumb Leo? Which part did you disagree with? Someone once said your new name is Leo the thumb. I will now only refer to you as such. Every time you give me a thumbs down I lose cred and friends off my friends list. I don't believe you understand the full power of the thumb. With great power comes great responsibility Leo.

C

cubzzzfanincali

What's with the thumb Leo? Which part did you disagree with? Someone once said your new name is Leo the thumb. I will now only refer to you as such. Every time you give me a thumbs down I lose cred and friends off my friends list. I don't believe you understand the full power of the thumb. With great power comes great responsibility Leo.

I'm just glad you appreciate the gravity of the situation Noon.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things can only go up from here.

Pretty pumped about the hires.

So far, so good.

This is becoming an excellent staff, based on Fox being fair to people he worked with and also a stepping stone for many new head coaches or revitalized head coaches.

I am just sick of this sports radio, again, Brad Biggs this morning, its players over scheme. Makes it sound like all the guys on the roster now are lost causes, not guys with experienced coaching that is gonna put them in the right position. They make it sound like we need 30 new faces on this team. There is talent here, talent that needed to be taught and not expected to know everything. I just hope they see some building blocks are already here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is becoming an excellent staff, based on Fox being fair to people he worked with and also a stepping stone for many new head coaches or revitalized head coaches.

I am just sick of this sports radio, again, Brad Biggs this morning, its players over scheme. Makes it sound like all the guys on the roster now are lost causes, not guys with experienced coaching that is gonna put them in the right position. They make it sound like we need 30 new faces on this team. There is talent here, talent that needed to be taught and not expected to know everything. I just hope they see some building blocks are already here.

Yeah, I heard that on Mully and Hanley. That exact quote really stood out in my mind. Not that I thought it was mind numbingly stupid, but certainly it jarred me for a second.

I usually like his segment on that show, but he said a few things today about the team today I was perplexed about.

C

cubzzzfanincali

leave it to me to be mind-numbingly stupid, but....

a) there are only about 25-30 guys (depending on how tightly you define this) "NFL roster-worthy" guys currently under contract for 2015. So...just carrying those guys forward, not cutting any of them, that's potentially 23-28 new faces right there. Assuming we don't resign any free agents. Given the coaching changes, I'm not sure any of our free agents are MUST re-signs. I personally wouldn't mind a few of them, but it's not a big deal either way.

b) Of the 25-30 guys currently under contract, this is including guys like Roberto Garza, Khaseem Greene, Anthony Walters, Mundy, Jordan Mills, several other guys....I mean, these are guys we, as fans, should be hoping and praying for new faces that are at least somewhat upgrades for. Are you particularly married to having, say, Charles Leno and David Bass on the roster? Do they have to be here? If they remain, fine, I'm sure the coaches want them, but having them replaced by new faces is no skin off my nose. Haha terrible pun sorry.

I'd hope the new brass comes in and decides to push some of these guys out. If they don't, something is wrong. This notion that the Bears had a 5-11 season purely because of Team Trestman is, to my mind, very shortsighted. Yes, they were a significant factor, but it is also a fact that this roster needs a lot of new talent.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard that on Mully and Hanley. That exact quote really stood out in my mind. Not that I thought it was mind numbingly stupid, but certainly it jarred me for a second.

I usually like his segment on that show, but he said a few things today about the team today I was perplexed about.

The guy yesterday, matt whatever said the same thing. Said theres not enough talent on this team. I guess the excitement of free agency is too much for them, but as soon as it goes bad they are the first to say you dont build a team thru free agency. All these reporters are at the senior bowl, not one of them has said any players looked intriguing. I guess its party central for them this week and line up your calendar for the super bowl. They said there will be some pass rushing linebackers we will need here. Thats what shea knows to do, Jones looks like he can do that and Allen is probably not that far away since we are stuck with him anyway.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy yesterday, matt whatever said the same thing. Said theres not enough talent on this team. I guess the excitement of free agency is too much for them, but as soon as it goes bad they are the first to say you dont build a team thru free agency. All these reporters are at the senior bowl, not one of them has said any players looked intriguing. I guess its party central for them this week and line up your calendar for the super bowl. They said there will be some pass rushing linebackers we will need here. Thats what shea knows to do, Jones looks like he can do that and Allen is probably not that far away since we are stuck with him anyway.

Take what those morons on the radio say with a grain of salt. Everybody was saying the bears are stacked with talent last year, and now they suck. I think it lies somewhere in the middle. Our defense has little talent, but our offense has quite a bit of talent.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Take what those morons on the radio say with a grain of salt. Everybody was saying the bears are stacked with talent last year, and now they suck. I think it lies somewhere in the middle. Our defense has little talent, but our offense has quite a bit of talent.

The Bears were, and still are, stacked with talent at the offensive skill positions. Outside of that, not so much. The Bears were not stacked with talent all over the roster last year, anyone saying that would have been nuts. We have had holes all over the defense and the offensive line for years, a long legacy of bad and mediocre drafts does that to a team.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes! agreed. Put some of these guys in a better position, and I could easily see 4+ more wins.
Follow this:
Better coach instills more discipline/accountability= Less false starts, and holding calls= better field position/better down and distance/easier 3rd down calls= More running plays/easier passes for 1st downs (less chance for Jay to throw a pick)= more FG chances= more touchdowns. More wins! Bears in playoffs!