• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The John Fox Era Begins

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your reactions, predictions. What do you think is going to change , remain the same?

I think he will bring a value of discipline and leadership.

I think he will bring a competitive balance in the offense and defense

I think he will bring a winning philosophy.

I think it may work

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears had such a bad season last year that Fox is in a pretty favorable situation. I think he'll get to work on your o-line and defense.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The work needs to begin in the trenches.....a strong line on either side is a key foundation start. Moreno on the defensive side with the Bears.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leo, I agree with all of your points. But I temper my expectations. After all, the Bears finished 2014 with these rankings:

• Offensive Yards = 21st
  • Offensive Points = 23rd
  • Defensive Yards = 30th
  • Defensive Points = 31st
I would expect to see improvement in these rankings under Fox. However if we improve yet still finish in the bottom half of the league, would it still be viewed as an improvement? Lots of variables will need to be considered.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leo, I agree with all of your points. But I temper my expectations. After all, the Bears finished 2014 with these rankings:

• Offensive Yards = 21st
  • Offensive Points = 23rd
  • Defensive Yards = 30th
  • Defensive Points = 31st
I would expect to see improvement in these rankings under Fox. However if we improve yet still finish in the bottom half of the league, would it still be viewed as an improvement? Lots of variables will need to be considered.

AGREED
I really hope they get a great DC......I'm not sold on Dennis Allen at all...... like most people thought about last year was if we moved up in defense to a top 15 unit we would be better......and most likely we would have, can't prove it, but most likely would have. I worry about Houston and his knee. Ratlif is older. The 2 rookies got valuable playing time so they should compete. With Vic Fangio being considered it's know that he likes a 3-4. It could get interesting

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leo, I'm with you and Joe. I am excited to see improvements with this team over the next few seasons. Hopefully they will be competitive again.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leo, I'm with you and Joe. I am excited to see improvements with this team over the next few seasons. Hopefully they will be competitive again.

And I hope they can get back to drafting and developing players....the less we go to free agency can only help.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that Fox is extending an olive branch to mend the relationship between Urlacher and the organization. Sounds very Rocky Wirtz like who did the same thing with Bobby Hull and Pat Foley.

Feeling better about this hiring.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N e e d m o r e c o a c h e s !

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that Fox is extending an olive branch to mend the relationship between Urlacher and the organization. Sounds very Rocky Wirtz like who did the same thing with Bobby Hull and Pat Foley.

Feeling better about this hiring.

Unless urlacher comes back to be linebackers coach, then I don't really see any significance in this...

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless urlacher comes back to be linebackers coach, then I don't really see any significance in this...

Urlacher has said numerous times that he has zero interest in coaching.

Why would he want the 60 work week?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The significance in this is current players might think the organization actually sees them as people and not a position.

Really dont care about urlacher. He was a great safety. He was a great middle linebacker because he ran back and played safety, but all the renegotiations thru his career were tiring. Its a double edged sword, play like urlacher, but if you think you deserve more money, then just hold out and whine until you get more, then when the career is at an end, go around saying you were insulted with a 2 million dollar deal after you made upwards of 80 million dollars over your 13 year career. It should not be Fox's choice to get him back happy with the team, thats the organization. Just like Rocky stepped up and appreciated the greats. It should be the 5 year plan so Urlacher doesnt bad mouth the organization at the hall of fame induction ceremony.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Urlacher wanted to be a coach somewhere,he`d have a job by now.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a player has incredible talent and instincts, doesnt mean he can coach. Knowledge does not equal talent, and vice verse. Some of the best coaches never even played at the pro level, some barely in college. They are smart, and understand the game. Urlacher is not a coach, and just his stupid analysis during his short lived commentator career was enough for me to know that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he could. The point I was making was fox reaching out to urlacher means absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't go that far. When the face of your franchise and an all-time team icon is treated unceremoniously by the franchise that he poured his guts out for, what does that say to star recruits or FA's, that may or may not decide to play here?

I would hope that John Fox knows more about this job than Beengay does. Jus sayin.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its really not about the free agents, we know big name free agents are not the way to build a team, but when there is a Revis out there getting cut because his team tossed so much in the dead money column on him, it might have an effect on him showing up.

What did Briggs learn from Urlacher? Hold out and get paid. I wish we had another urlacher on this team now, but there comes a time to learn from past mistakes. I guess for us, that regime is not here anymore, and the organization that allowed it to happen lets each new GM make all the football calls so its not their fault anyway.