• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The John Fox Era Begins

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just sick of this sports radio, again, Brad Biggs this morning, its players over scheme.

One reason I like this staff is because I feel that - because of their experience - they should be able to identify the strengths of the current players and have the scheme maximize those strengths.

No more square pegs being forced into the round hole of the coaching staff.

GOBEARS_medium.gif

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S.

Let me just add to the above that this may be the end of the road for some players.

This message board has threads on McClellin, Cutler, and others. If this coaching staff can't get positive results from everyone on the team, then I don't see Pace having the patience to let some of these Emery and Angelo moves stick around for 2016.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leave it to me to be mind-numbingly stupid, but....

a) there are only about 25-30 guys (depending on how tightly you define this) "NFL roster-worthy" guys currently under contract for 2015. So...just carrying those guys forward, not cutting any of them, that's potentially 23-28 new faces right there. Assuming we don't resign any free agents. Given the coaching changes, I'm not sure any of our free agents are MUST re-signs. I personally wouldn't mind a few of them, but it's not a big deal either way.

b) Of the 25-30 guys currently under contract, this is including guys like Roberto Garza, Khaseem Greene, Anthony Walters, Mundy, Jordan Mills, several other guys....I mean, these are guys we, as fans, should be hoping and praying for new faces that are at least somewhat upgrades for. Are you particularly married to having, say, Charles Leno and David Bass on the roster? Do they have to be here? If they remain, fine, I'm sure the coaches want them, but having them replaced by new faces is no skin off my nose. Haha terrible pun sorry.

I'd hope the new brass comes in and decides to push some of these guys out. If they don't, something is wrong. This notion that the Bears had a 5-11 season purely because of Team Trestman is, to my mind, very shortsighted. Yes, they were a significant factor, but it is also a fact that this roster needs a lot of new talent.

I was not personally referring to this team having talent. Just saying that this is a player driven league and the way he brushed aside coaching confused me.