• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jay Haters

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one huge thing most are forgetting when they say let jay go and that is what does it do to marshall and alshon? Jay went to the mat to get brandon to town. This not something to take lightly. For all that are packing jay's bags remember this. Doesnt matter who you bring in to replace him if marshall suddenly doesnt care as much anymore. And before you say its not a big deal and he will do it for anyone ask denver and then miami about brandon without jay

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team is serious about grooming a QB, he needs to be on the active roster. PS players are free game for other teams to sign on their active rosters.

I was mostly trying to drive home that if they sign all three we won't need to draft a QB, but could sign a late rounder if we wanted to.

It would be ideal IMO if they could return all 3.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mostly trying to drive home that if they sign all three we won't need to draft a QB, but could sign a late rounder if we wanted to.

It would be ideal IMO if they could return all 3.

If bears keep jay, I don't see the team drafting a qb either.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, the Bears have seen what it is like to go 40 years without a decent QB, time to pay up for a decent one.

Same thing that happened this year, WITH a decent QB... no playoffs, another disappointing season. Keep in mind the Bears have never had such a lethal combination of WR, TE and RB... so again, a decent QB is all this team needs to score points.

I have to believe they can land a decent QB for a LOT less than $16-20 mil a year.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two questions with cutler.

1. 1-9 against the packers, the biggest games of our seasons. Is he a big game quarterback.

2. Will he ever stay healthy an entire 19 game season to the superbowl?

He needs to stop with the gunslinger and trying to throw thru defenders. Is a rifle arm necessary in this Trestman offense? no. Is a guy that can support the time of possession battle on the field with 12-15 play drives that take half a quarter of time the better fit? yes. Will Jay ever turn into a safe passer? I highly doubt it.

I am sorry, you just take too many examples of quarterbacks that got their hundred million (or 20 per average) without winning that "big game" and are doing absolutely nothing.

Romo, Ryan, Stafford just to name a few. Is Cutler really in the neighborhood of Carson Palmer? Do you ever expect Palmer to lead a team to the superbowl?

I just dont think Trestman needs a 20 million dollar quarterback, I question if he even wants one, especially when this season comes down to one or two throws.

Exactly... with the game-changing / difference-makers the Bears have at WR, TE and RB we don't need a "good" QB who will cost $20 mil a year.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Teddy Bridgewater will be a bigger superstar than MICHAEL JORDAN???????? Please let that sink in for awhile.....And Henry Burris will be the next Dan Marino.......Just say no to Teddy. PLEASE

relax Leomaz even if we wanted Bridgewater we aren't getting him. He will be taken with one of the high picks.

I would prefer Cutler sign for something on the order of $18 million over five years, IF the guaranteed money isn't too much AND if a chunk of the salary is actually performance bonuses like making the playoffs and games played. He is not worth a straight up and down $18 (or $20 or north of $20) million contract but if you can nail down a (cough cough) franchise QB for five years at that price you do it.

Cutler will get more than $20 million on the open market. Whether you like him or hate him, he will. Too many teams need QBs for him not to. I think he might take a minor discount but if you are hoping for him to take $13 million a year you are wasting your time. There is a ZERO percent chance of that happening. He will sooner get the tag than sign a $13-$15 contract.

I don't know...I hope the Bears hold firm and don't just dish out a 20+ contract...I think the team is about 2-3 years away from (best case scenario) being Super Bowl worthy, but understand that letting Cutler walk means we are back in the No QB Carnival and neither McCown nor the draft is some obvious fix to that.