• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jay Haters

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you people hate Jay for whayever reasons. Of course Jay isn't in the Montana , Marino or Elway class and I don't think any of us who like Jay is saying he is. The question is...who are you bringing in to replace him? Love to hear some serious answers

:L

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the consensus B-plan is to keep McCown as a stop gap guy, and draft a young QB.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Jay hater. But if your looking for guys to replace him. I think Bridgewater would replace MJ as the biggest super star in this city. Doubt he's available to us unless some spectacular trade happens.
Derrik Carr would be option #2 in my book. Doubt he's an option also. As he will be taken highly in the draft.
I like what I saw out of the Kans. ST, QB Waters in the latest bowl game .

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Jay hater. But if your looking for guys to replace him. I think Bridgewater would replace MJ as the biggest super star in this city. Doubt he's available to us unless some spectacular trade happens.
Derrik Carr would be option #2 in my book. Doubt he's an option also. As he will be taken highly in the draft.
I like what I saw out of the Kans. ST, QB Waters in the latest bowl game .

If we get beat soundly today and it comes down to Cutler playing poorly,I`m all for trading a few draft picks to move up in the draft for one of these two.
Bridgewater would be the man..

Not sure what is available in the freeagency for qbs,but hell there should be some defense available for the taking and then we can worry about a qb for the draft.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no real options outside of resigning Cutler and I am good with that. I wanna see Jay in one system for multiple years before I die. I'm all for drafting a QB to groom. We're not getting a top draft pic, so we're not gonna get someone ready to start anytime soon. Jay has not lived up to the standards we had all hoped, but much of that was outside his controll. I say STAY THE COARSE.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. Flynn? Might be a reasonable replacement. McCown is just to old to plan around. Flynn is a younger version.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the consensus B-plan is to keep McCown as a stop gap guy, and draft a young QB.

I think McCown is mulling retirement. Besides that, I don't think he's cut out to play the whole season. Admirable job filling in, but could he sustain that over the long haul?

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the weapons the Bears have on Offense it really doesn't matter who they start at QB... this team will score points. So WHY give $16-$20 mil to a "good" QB (Cutler) when your Defense is in complete shambles and your ST needs improvement?

It's a STUPID move.

Period... !!

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the weapons the Bears have on Offense it really doesn't matter who they start at QB... this team will score points. So WHY give $16-$20 mil to a "good" QB (Cutler) when your Defense is in complete shambles and your ST needs improvement?

It's a STUPID move.

Period... !!

THIS

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what I think jay actually has a pretty good record as a bear. however he's too erratic and this stage in his career that's never going to change IE NEVER take us to the promise land. its annoying to see some of you OK with a QB that can play like complete trash at times.

do you know what you need to be an elite team and win a SB?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what I think jay actually has a pretty good record as a bear. however he's too erratic and this stage in his career that's never going to change IE NEVER take us to the promise land. its annoying to see some of you OK with a QB that can play like complete trash at times.

do you know what you need to be an elite team and win a SB?

Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, Jim Plunkett?????

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, Jim Plunkett?????

ummm for one flacco has PROVED he's a big game QB especially in the playoffs. second, we're talking present day NFL. YES, IN THE PAST you could win a SB with a great D and an average QB. third, rypien and an mvp time year skins won the SB.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a STUPID move.

Period... !!

Because, the Bears have seen what it is like to go 40 years without a decent QB, time to pay up for a decent one.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get beat soundly today and it comes down to Cutler playing poorly,I`m all for trading a few draft picks to move up in the draft for one of these two.
Bridgewater would be the man..

Not sure what is available in the freeagency for qbs,but hell there should be some defense available for the taking and then we can worry about a qb for the draft.

Too many FAs and too many holes to plug, to start throwing picks away.
But I'd love to see Teddy in a Bears uni.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCown is mulling retirement. Besides that, I don't think he's cut out to play the whole season. Admirable job filling in, but could he sustain that over the long haul?

McCown will be a backup, he moved his family to chicago in hope of continuing in coaching somewhere.

I dont think anyone is considering McCown taking over long term, but he is another coach on the field for a young quarterback you draft.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for drafting a QB this year.

To groom on a practice squad.

I think the Bears should bring back Jay, Josh AND Jordan Palmer.

May be the best QB core in the league.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no real options outside of resigning Cutler and I am good with that. I wanna see Jay in one system for multiple years before I die. I'm all for drafting a QB to groom. We're not getting a top draft pic, so we're not gonna get someone ready to start anytime soon. Jay has not lived up to the standards we had all hoped, but much of that was outside his controll. I say STAY THE COARSE.

There are two questions with cutler.

1. 1-9 against the packers, the biggest games of our seasons. Is he a big game quarterback.

2. Will he ever stay healthy an entire 19 game season to the superbowl?

He needs to stop with the gunslinger and trying to throw thru defenders. Is a rifle arm necessary in this Trestman offense? no. Is a guy that can support the time of possession battle on the field with 12-15 play drives that take half a quarter of time the better fit? yes. Will Jay ever turn into a safe passer? I highly doubt it.

I am sorry, you just take too many examples of quarterbacks that got their hundred million (or 20 per average) without winning that "big game" and are doing absolutely nothing.

Romo, Ryan, Stafford just to name a few. Is Cutler really in the neighborhood of Carson Palmer? Do you ever expect Palmer to lead a team to the superbowl?

I just dont think Trestman needs a 20 million dollar quarterback, I question if he even wants one, especially when this season comes down to one or two throws.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater will be a bigger superstar than MICHAEL JORDAN???????? Please let that sink in for awhile.....And Henry Burris will be the next Dan Marino.......Just say no to Teddy. PLEASE

Last edited by a moderator:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for drafting a QB this year.
To groom on a practice squad.
I think the Bears should bring back Jay, Josh AND Jordan Palmer.
May be the best QB core in the league.

If a team is serious about grooming a QB, he needs to be on the active roster. PS players are free game for other teams to sign on their active rosters.