• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Infamous 34

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he needs to learn to protect himself. I agree that he needs to mature and exhibits messiah complex traits. But I also recognize that he is 23. Think about yourself at 23. If you were a normal 23 year old, you thought you knew it all and that you could do it all. I know I did and I have a son who is now 23 and he is the exact same way. He's an extremely bright young man that makes mistakes that makes me shake me head. The question is can he learn. The jury is still out. But to write him off now would be a huge mistake. Let him learn and see if he can right the ship.

Luck is not a superstar yet. He shows great promise, but also makes boneheaded mistakes. Wilson has been managed expertly and does show signs of greater maturity than either RG3 or Luck. But put him on this team and what Robert has been thru, and I guarantee you we would see a different Wilson.

Actually being a Military man, raised in a military family, his messiah complex is something I find rather disgusting. If his father really raised him to think he is beyond reproach when it comes to chain of command, I wonder what military he was in. At 23 I believed nothing was beyond me, but I also knew that there was a chain of command. And i did not go out of my way to push against that chain simply because it didnt fit into the way I thought things should be. And I cant stand Wilson. But I would be willing to bet that coming off injury he would never have had the audacity to tell the world that he gave his team the best chance to win.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually being a Military man, raised in a military family, his messiah complex is something I find rather disgusting. If his father really raised him to think he is beyond reproach when it comes to chain of command, I wonder what military he was in. At 23 I believed nothing was beyond me, but I also knew that there was a chain of command. And i did not go out of my way to push against that chain simply because it didnt fit into the way I thought things should be. And I cant stand Wilson. But I would be willing to bet that coming off injury he would never have had the audacity to tell the world that he gave his team the best chance to win.

I agree. He made mistakes. The question is has he learned from those mistakes. We don't know yet. But I have seen enough to know that everyone, no matter the background or talent, make mistakes. The good ones learn from them and get better. You seem to believe he won't or can't. I just find that unfair to make that judgement at this point in this young man's life.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are ridiculous about this subject. The guy blew up his rookie season and continued to show flashes of brilliance all season until, you know... Forced back into action WAY to early with a less than adequate group of talent (same as the year before) around him and his play suffered, and the team suffered as well. Give the guy a break already. He didn't ask the Redskins organization to give up a ransom to get him. We are lucky to have the guy imo. And, if you look at what we have done so far this off season, we really haven't improved our offense (Luvano is average) (Roberts is a #3WR) and we didn't address our biggest needs which is a #2 WR, a real RT and beef up our interior oline so that the middle doesn't collapse 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. I won't even get started on the porous defense that Haslett will once again run this year.

Just take a wait and see approach instead of bashing the guy who single handedly brought an NFCE title to Washington in his rookie season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are ridiculous about this subject. The guy blew up his rookie season and continued to show flashes of brilliance all season until, you know... Forced back into action WAY to early with a less than adequate group of talent (same as the year before) around him and his play suffered, and the team suffered as well. Give the guy a break already. He didn't ask the Redskins organization to give up a ransom to get him. We are lucky to have the guy imo. And, if you look at what we have done so far this off season, we really haven't improved our offense (Luvano is average) (Roberts is a #3WR) and we didn't address our biggest needs which is a #2 WR, a real RT and beef up our interior oline so that the middle doesn't collapse 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. I won't even get started on the porous defense that Haslett will once again run this year.

Just take a wait and see approach instead of bashing the guy who single handedly brought an NFCE title to Washington in his rookie season.

Again dude.. .who forced him back into action??? You think Shanahan told him he needed to be ready for week one?? That was on him. And he did every thing HE could do to force the issue. He undermined the coaching staff.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shark, you're a former Marine right? Thank you, thank you for your service by the way. As a senior Marine did you give/teach your "recruits" or "maggots" the tools they needed before you let them in harms way...or did you just assume the "recruits" would just learn how to protect themselves on their own?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude.. .who forced him back into action??? You think Shanahan told him he needed to be ready for week one?? That was on him. And he did every thing HE could do to force the issue. He undermined the coaching staff.

No offense shark, but that's BS...How does a 23 year old 2nd year in the NFL kid, "undermind the coaching staff"?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is claiming we should write RG3 off. Nobody is really saying we shouldn't draft an OL at 34 if he's worth the pick. What Shark is saying...don't waste the pick out of desperation on a OL that doesn't warrant the pick to protect a guy that may be inflicting his own wounds.

I was very coachable at 23...I'm not sure if RG3 has exhibited he is. It's not about maturity and thinking you can do it all yourself. The problem I have with RG3, year 2, was he appeared to not know the playbook and he undermined the coach.

Consider yourself lucky and, in my opinion, unique. I was not very coachable at 23. I was a kid trying to become a man and wanted to prove I could do it my way. I struggled and made mistakes. I also grew out of it and realized that we all need support and guidance.

As far as undermining the coach, it appears that some of his actions may have. But we really don't know what full back story. Shanahan was no saint and has always been known to play mind games. I'm willing to chalk it up to a bad situation and a young, talented but incomplete person. It is my hope that he has learned and will grow from this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, you're a former Marine right? Thank you, thank you for your service by the way. As a senior Marine did you give/teach your "recruits" or "maggots" the tools they needed before you let them in harms way...or did you just assume the "recruits" would just learn how to protect themselves on their own?

Mitz... as a senior Marine I expected my subordinate Marines to know their place and except the chain of command. And when i was a lower rank I realized that if i tried to buxk the system, I would pay the price for it.

As far as how does a 2nd year undermine his coaches. Simple by starting a media circus which yes he started. Plain and simple, he did everything he could to get the coaches to either do what he wanted or get fired. If he is as smart as many claim, then he knew what the results of his words and actions would be. And knowing what the team gave up for him, he knew the ultimate outcome would be either he gets his way with Shanahan, or Shanahan gets fired.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such f'n BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A real coach with some balls would have made the right decision. Unfortunately, we didn't have one. Even if RG3 was persistant, he didn't undermine anyone to get back into action too early. A real coach would have addressed the situation with authority and correctly. This all blew up because of how Shanahan handled the situation. Water under the bridge now so let's move forward shall we.

And yes, I also served my Country proudly!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, there is no one without fault the way last season unfolded. RG3 did some things that forced Shanahan's hand. Shanahan did some things that undermined RG3 and the franchise. Snyder may have done things that also undermined them both. If I give anyone a break, its robert. At least I can say that he is young and inexperienced. The other 2 should have known better.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, there is no one without fault the way last season unfolded. RG3 did some things that forced Shanahan's hand. Shanahan did some things that undermined RG3 and the franchise. Snyder may have done things that also undermined them both. If I give anyone a break, its robert. At least I can say that he is young and inexperienced. The other 2 should have known better.

:agree:

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitz... as a senior Marine I expected my subordinate Marines to know their place and except the chain of command. And when i was a lower rank I realized that if i tried to buxk the system, I would pay the price for it.

As far as how does a 2nd year undermine his coaches. Simple by starting a media circus which yes he started. Plain and simple, he did everything he could to get the coaches to either do what he wanted or get fired. If he is as smart as many claim, then he knew what the results of his words and actions would be. And knowing what the team gave up for him, he knew the ultimate outcome would be either he gets his way with Shanahan, or Shanahan gets fired.

Shark, you think the "media circus" was RG3's idea, or maybe his sponsors? No pressure there, right? I doubt a great HC like Gibbs, Landry or Parcells would have let a kid "undermine" them if they were the HC of RG3.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, you think the "media circus" was RG3's idea, or maybe his sponsors? No pressure there, right? I doubt a great HC like Gibbs, Landry or Parcells would have let a kid "undermine" them if they were the HC of RG3.

I think he feed into it ot get what he wanted and thought was best for him. And to a degree I can understand that. If he suspected Shanahan wanted Cousins as his starter, he was going to do what ever he could to make sure that wasnt going to happen. But what he said and how he played it was all for him, not the team. I would actually have respected him if he would have been man enough to say, Im not physically ready and Kirk should start the season. As it stands, the blame games, veiled shots at the coaches and his inability to accept his own failings has made me lose all respect for him. Now maybe he can earn it back by actually becoming the buy we traded half a draft for. But as for right now, Im a fan of the team, not the player.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 will likely be used on a WR, ILB or O-line. D-line only if a true stud slips and the other players are just not worth the pick.

Shark! I believe those are the three positions we will likely look at, once the #34 pick is announced.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting we draft WR, OL, or DL at 34 unless true value falls to us at ILB or S.

The first three positions are where value is in this draft.