• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Infamous 34

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With these moves we are making, I'm kind of narrowing down, who will take with the infamous 34th pick. With the addition of Jason Hatcher and Clifton Geathers, I'm sure a DL is out. I believe an ILB is out with the re-signing of Riley and addition of Sharpton. If Penn is signed, I believe a RT would be picked in a later round. Your first pick in the draft always needs to be someone, who is supposed to start or get significant playing time. Therefore, I am starting to believe we will get either a WR, S, or a CB with that pick. Who do you think it will be? :noidea:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR... because I dont think there will be a Cb worth the pick. And safety while a need I also dont think will be worth the pick. But I would not pencil in Sharpton as the starter at ILB just yet either.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are better positioned now to take the bpa. I like a top receiver if one is available. If someone like Kenny Britt gets signed by us then would lean to a defensive player. I hope we sign Clark to a minimum type contract. He will help teach the young guys and offer stability.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on who is available...Tuitt, Calvin Pryor, Ryan Shazier, Kelvin Benjamin, Hageman in that order.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR... because I dont think there will be a Cb worth the pick. And safety while a need I also dont think will be worth the pick. But I would not pencil in Sharpton as the starter at ILB just yet either.

I agree, Shark! Honestly, I believe it will be a WR because of value. What I mean is, the WR position in this draft is a lot better than the CB and safety positions. I'm really not that impressed with the CBs and safeties in this draft. There is some talent, but nobody really wows me, especially where we will be picking. I can say that for the WR position. Not to mention, our WR core is the same, minus Andre Roberts, who I believe is a 2-3 WR. That's a good point that you made about Sharpton. I must say, he is a good run-stopper, but not much of a pass-defender. That's not good because he might not be able to match up against talented TEs. Honestly, I don't really see an ILB worth the pick, either.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think we will go d line because there is a lot of late 1st round talent there. my guess is tuitt. but i wouldnt mind a wr so we can put roberts in the slot.
good list gk, holy shit if pryor fell to us that would be perfect.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't rule out that we might trade up or down. If a Mosley or a Clinton-Dix might fall to pick number 25 or so, we could package a deal with our 34th pick and a later round pick to move up. Similarly, we might trade back to pick up more picks and go for an ILB in the late 2nd. Our FA moves have given us a bit of flexibility in this draft in that we temporarily plugged some of our holes, albeit not always with the perfect fit.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA at a position of need.

WR- Cooks, Benjamin, Beckham
DE - Tuitt, Hageman
S - Pryor
LB - Shazier
CB - Verett, Fuller
OL - Moses, Filo, Yankey

Someone is going to drop out of the 1st round to us. Some of these guys are probably long shots. We need to make a good, safe pick and ensure we get a long term starter, no matter the position. I doubt we will go S. I would like to trade back 10-15 spots and pick up another 3rd, maybe even a late 4th on top of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a real possibility that this team has faith in Thomas return from injury to fill the void there. I would still seek bodies to sure-up the position. That said, it seem the team is fully concentrating on the defensive side of the ball during this off season. If the Ryan Clark rumors hold true, then the greatest position of need becomes WR.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would'take'shazier at 34. And if a very good te is there at 34 take him. I'm hearing rumblings that jordan reed will be a wr not a te. Maybe the best center also at 34

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would'take'shazier at 34. And if a very good te is there at 34 take him. I'm hearing rumblings that jordan reed will be a wr not a te. Maybe the best center also at 34

Where did you hear that?? I agree he is more of an H back/hybrid who can play split out, but a bona fide WR?? Maybe if he drops 20 pounds....

I still hope we sign Daniels and keep using Reed the act we have. Creating mismatches in the middle of the field.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. WR - Benjamin, Bryant, Mathews, Robinson
2. S - Clinton-Dix, Pryor
3. ILB - Mosley

(Mosley, Dix, and Pryor aren't likely to fall to 34 though)

I'd probably be ok with but less happy with Tuitt or Hagemon on the DL or one of the OL in that range.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA OG Xavier Su'a-Filo ran the forty in 4.97 and 5.07 seconds at the school's pro day event.
Bruins' coach Jim Mora said that scouts have told him that Su'a-Filo is the "best guard prospect since All-Pro Steve Hutchinson" came out in the 2001 draft. At the exhibition for scouts, Su'a-Filo added a 26-inch vertical and 8-7 broad jump, did the short shuttle in 4.46 seconds and the three-cone in 7.93 seconds, and lifted 26 reps on the bench press. Su'a-Filo's 5.04 second forty in Indy was the second-fastest amongst guards.

IF he is there at #34 he should be the pick. With the talent of our guards how could he not be. You compare anyone to Steve Hutchinson, that guy is a no brainer pick.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Kouandijo is going to drop considerably after failing some physicals and not having a good combine. He used to be considered a Top 20 pick but one concerns have him dropping to the 3rd or 4th round. I think he would be a great risk/reward pick in the 4th.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if we sign Penn. If we don't sign Penn I agree take him in the 4th round.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a surprise move to some, I don't think the Skins draft a WR in 2014. They have already brought in D. Gettis (if healthy, could be a great pick up), A. Roberts and re-signed Santana. Obviously, a glaring need on this team is FS, CB...then OG, C, ILB and OLB. But, I think the Skins will address the biggest need, and that is protecting the franchise. So they go OL first, and I think the BPA at OL will be hard to pass up.

My mock:

#34 Marcus Martin C - USC
#66 Terrance Brooks FS - FSU
#98 Louchiez Purifoy CB - Florida
#130 Jon Halapio OG - Fla
#162 Kevin Pierre-Louis OLB - B.C (reminds me of Fletcher)
#194 Russell Bodine OG - UNC

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. WR - Benjamin, Bryant, Mathews, Robinson
2. S - Clinton-Dix, Pryor
3. ILB - Mosley

(Mosley, Dix, and Pryor aren't likely to fall to 34 though)

I'd probably be ok with but less happy with Tuitt or Hagemon on the DL or one of the OL in that range.

If we didn't get Jason Hatcher to team with Baker, Bowen, Cofield, Geathers, and Jenkins, I could see Tuitt or Hagemon. It's not happening, imo. I've seen C.J. Mosely enough. He can play, but there were games, when his name was not called, much. I like Clinton-Dix, but he might not be there. I like what I've seen out of Pryor. He is a pretty good prospect and a deadly hitter. At WR, I like Bryant the most out of those WRs because of his size and speed, but his is very raw. I like Benjamin, as I do all of my Seminoles, but the more I watched him, I see Mike Williams. Matthews is not spectacular, but ready to play. He does everything well. I wish he was a little faster, though. I like Robinson's game, but he disappointed me at the combine. Still, I'm a ''look at the tape'' kind of guy, so........

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we didn't get Jason Hatcher to team with Baker, Bowen, Cofield, Geathers, and Jenkins, I could see Tuitt or Hagemon. It's not happening, imo. I've seen C.J. Mosely enough. He can play, but there were games, when his name was not called, much. I like Clinton-Dix, but he might not be there. I like what I've seen out of Pryor. He is a pretty good prospect and a deadly hitter. At WR, I like Bryant the most out of those WRs because of his size and speed, but his is very raw. I like Benjamin, as I do all of my Seminoles, but the more I watched him, I see Mike Williams. Matthews is not spectacular, but ready to play. He does everything well. I wish he was a little faster, though. I like Robinson's game, but he disappointed me at the combine. Still, I'm a ''look at the tape'' kind of guy, so........

Yea im starting to like Bryant more than those other guys as well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a surprise move to some, I don't think the Skins draft a WR in 2014. They have already brought in D. Gettis (if healthy, could be a great pick up), A. Roberts and re-signed Santana. Obviously, a glaring need on this team is FS, CB...then OG, C, ILB and OLB. But, I think the Skins will address the biggest need, and that is protecting the franchise. So they go OL first, and I think the BPA at OL will be hard to pass up.

My mock:

#34 Marcus Martin C - USC
#66 Terrance Brooks FS - FSU
#98 Louchiez Purifoy CB - Florida
#130 Jon Halapio OG - Fla
#162 Kevin Pierre-Louis OLB - B.C (reminds me of Fletcher)
#194 Russell Bodine OG - UNC

Can't stand this draft. Marcus Martin is nowhere close to the 34 pick. Brooks is going in the second and Purifoy is also going in the second.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Filo were the best G prospect since Hutch...he's not going to be there at 34. It's a hilarious comparison.