• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Infamous 34

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be hilarious if he is there at #34. If he falls in the late 20's you have to consider a trade up.

Or you stay put because I am NOT trading up to get a player who has a injury risk. I rather trade down in 3rd for more picks or stay at #34 and pick BPA of these positions (FS,ILB,OL,CB,WR,DE/DT)

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he is hurt for the 1st year you still get a quality player for the future. He is not as hurt as the OT Kujo. Best ILB in the draft, you have to take a chance on him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be hilarious if he is there at #34. If he falls in the late 20's you have to consider a trade up.

If he is there past the 24th pick, definitely consider trading up. We would get an immediate starter and and fill a long term hole with a relatively cheap option for 5 years. The injury thing is overblown.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 will likely be used on a WR, ILB or O-line. D-line only if a true stud slips and the other players are just not worth the pick.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 will likely be used on a WR, ILB or O-line. D-line only if a true stud slips and the other players are just not worth the pick.

Shark, if they use #34 pick on a WR...i might have to become a cowboy fan with that dumbass pick.

PROTECT THE FRANCHISE!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, if they use #34 pick on a WR...i might have to become a cowboy fan with that dumbass pick.

PROTECT THE FRANCHISE!!!

Dude, I said it might be an O-lineman. And as far as the whole protect the franchise... let him prove he is more than an option QB and i will agree with you. But I for one tend to think when you throw 4 picks to get a guy, there is ZERO justification on having to throw more picks to protect him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PROTECT THE FRANCHISE!!!

Just depends on who the WR is. IF one of the top 4 would fall to us at 34, you have to take him. These are franchise level talents that can make the big plays and win some of these close games we have been losing.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I said it might be an O-lineman. And as far as the whole protect the franchise... let him prove he is more than an option QB and i will agree with you. But I for one tend to think when you throw 4 picks to get a guy, there is ZERO justification on having to throw more picks to protect him.

Shark, I'm a regional sales manager for a very successful company. When I hire young talent (either out of college or from another company) I give them the "tools" to be successful. ALL the people I hire are exceptional talents. But, not all make it. It's no different in the NFL...it's business.

I say give RG3 the "tools", and play to the strengths of his God-given abilities. If/when he cant do what he clearly does best...then it will be time for the Redskins to move on.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, I'm a regional sales manager for a very successful company. When I hire young talent (either out of college or from another company) I give them the "tools" to be successful. ALL the people I hire are exceptional talents. But, not all make it. It's no different in the NFL...it's business.

I say give RG3 the "tools", and play to the strengths of his God-given abilities. If/when he cant do what he clearly does best...then it will be time for the Redskins to move on.

Mitz... if you either have to fire, or in this case, not hire three other very promising sales man in order to bring in the golden child, would you then expect him to need a bunch of help from you to get the job done?? By giving up four draft picks to get him, it was basically said that he is good enough to make up for the other three talented players we could have gotten. So for me, he gets no excuses about we dont have the talent around him. Because for what we gave up, we were saying he doesnt need help.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitz... if you either have to fire, or in this case, not hire three other very promising sales man in order to bring in the golden child, would you then expect him to need a bunch of help from you to get the job done?? By giving up four draft picks to get him, it was basically said that he is good enough to make up for the other three talented players we could have gotten. So for me, he gets no excuses about we dont have the talent around him. Because for what we gave up, we were saying he doesnt need help.

As a sales manager or coach, I wouldn't have allowed RG3 to play in the early going of last season. Big BIG mistake, coming off of such a serious injury. Kid has the talent to be great, when healthy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a sales manager or coach, I wouldn't have allowed RG3 to play in the early going of last season. Big BIG mistake, coming off of such a serious injury. Kid has the talent to be great, when healthy.

Kids an option QB with a Messiah complex. He did everything he could to force his way on the field when he clearly wasnt ready.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids an option QB with a Messiah complex. He did everything he could to force his way on the field when he clearly wasnt ready.

Do you think RG3, or any of these projected super stars 15 years ago would have this "messiah complex" without social media and ESPN? It is what it is. But, his head coach...a 60 year old man with many, many years of experience "failed" to do the right thing...and sit, an unhealthy RG3 on the bench.

I think the one with the "messiah complex" was Shanahan, and not RG3.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think RG3, or any of these projected super stars 15 years ago would have this "messiah complex" without social media and ESPN? It is what it is. But, his head coach...a 60 year old man with many, many years of experience "failed" to do the right thing...and sit, an unhealthy RG3 on the bench.

I think the one with the "messiah complex" was Shanahan, and not RG3.

Luck is considered a super star QB. No Messiah complex. Wilson has a Super Bowl under his belt.... no complex. Griffin has been told he is a franchise QB, and believed the hype. I know no one wants to accept it, but trading up for him was a mistake. Now if we sink enough resources into putting talent around him, it might eventually work out. But for what we gave up to get him, we should not NEED to sink more resources into making it work.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shark, with all due respect, your position on RG3 is ridiculous. I guess you think since we paid so much for him, he doesn't need teammates? We should just put him out there 1 on 11? I don't care if he's peyton manning, he needs protection. He needs talent. They all do.

You really need to get past what we paid for him and give the guy a fair shake. He's a 3rd year QB that has had one remarkable year, sustained a terrible injury, suffered through some immature growing pains, and had a sub par second year. In short, he's right on pace like most every other great QB in the league. Take a look at the great QBs in the league and compare RG3's stats and W/L record against their's. You will see that he is right in the mix with most. This does not mean that RG3 is destined to become a great. All it means that, no matter what we paid for him, he is human and he is going through the growing pains of a QB learning to play in the NFL.

I get that you are disillusioned with some of RG3's actions over the last year and that you feel we paid too much for him. So am I. But I also realize that he had nothing to do with what we paid for him and that he is still a kid growing up under a magnifying glass. Just give the kid a break and see if he has matured this year. Your expectations of him being superman just because of what we paid for him is not fair to him and its getting old. Blame the Front Office if we paid to much, but give Robert the chance to grow and prove if he is or isn't worth the cost.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is considered a super star QB. No Messiah complex. Wilson has a Super Bowl under his belt.... no complex. Griffin has been told he is a franchise QB, and believed the hype. I know no one wants to accept it, but trading up for him was a mistake. Now if we sink enough resources into putting talent around him, it might eventually work out. But for what we gave up to get him, we should not NEED to sink more resources into making it work.

Simple question shark...what did you think of the quarterback/leader RG3 BEFORE Shanahan let him walk on the field with a damaged knee, and then blow it out? Did you think the Redskins would be a playoff contender in his rookie season, with that team? Honestly, no BS...I did.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to tell if RG3 needs more people to protect him or if he just needs to learn to protect himself.

Many of his problems are self-inflicted.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question shark...what did you think of the quarterback/leader RG3 BEFORE Shanahan let him walk on the field with a damaged knee, and then blow it out? Did you think the Redskins would be a playoff contender in his rookie season, with that team? Honestly, no BS...I did.

Simple answer... I thought he was a very talented option QB and that the trade was either going to be looked at as a smashing success, or a complete and utter clusterfuck of a failure. Shanahan let him walk onto the field after he did everything he could to force his way onto the field. And honestly i think we would be in a much better position had we not made the deal for him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to tell if RG3 needs more people to protect him or if he just needs to learn to protect himself.

:agree:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree he needs to learn to protect himself. I agree that he needs to mature and exhibits messiah complex traits. But I also recognize that he is 23. Think about yourself at 23. If you were a normal 23 year old, you thought you knew it all and that you could do it all. I know I did and I have a son who is now 23 and he is the exact same way. He's an extremely bright young man that makes mistakes that makes me shake me head. The question is can he learn. The jury is still out. But to write him off now would be a huge mistake. Let him learn and see if he can right the ship.

Luck is not a superstar yet. He shows great promise, but also makes boneheaded mistakes. Wilson has been managed expertly and does show signs of greater maturity than either RG3 or Luck. But put him on this team and what Robert has been thru, and I guarantee you we would see a different Wilson.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is claiming we should write RG3 off. Nobody is really saying we shouldn't draft an OL at 34 if he's worth the pick. What Shark is saying...don't waste the pick out of desperation on a OL that doesn't warrant the pick to protect a guy that may be inflicting his own wounds.

I was very coachable at 23...I'm not sure if RG3 has exhibited he is. It's not about maturity and thinking you can do it all yourself. The problem I have with RG3, year 2, was he appeared to not know the playbook and he undermined the coach.