• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Infamous 34

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't stand this draft. Marcus Martin is nowhere close to the 34 pick. Brooks is going in the second and Purifoy is also going in the second.

Who knows GK, right? It's all speculative at this point. You think the Skins draft a WR this year like everyone else? I think they go OL first pick, and if Martin is there thats who they pick...you don't think Martin will be there I guess? OK, if he's not maybe OG Yankey or Jackson, or perhaps they might take Richardson a little earlier than he is projected from Baylor...but, I have a very strong feeling they will go OL with the first pick.

My mock is based on where players are "projected" to be drafted, so sorry if you "cant stand it". Let's see what happens in the draft, and then we can discuss. I think the Skins go with 3-4 draft picks on the OL, and 3-4 on the defensive secondary side of the ball. Let's compare notes after the draft.

#HTTRmybrotherskinsfanitsallgood

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Martin is a 3rd round prospect from everything I have read. This is a miserable class of C.

I don't think we are targeting a position. I think we will go BPA...and I think we should.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he meant Mitzi is that it would be about a round or two reach for that guy. Travis Swanson is considered the best C in this draft and if we traded back 10-15 spots, Swanson COULD still be there. Teams don't draft centers in the 1st or even early 2nd round. That is, unless you are the Cowpies..

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he meant Mitzi is that it would be about a round or two reach for that guy. Travis Swanson is considered the best C in this draft and if we traded back 10-15 spots, Swanson COULD still be there. Teams don't draft centers in the 1st or even early 2nd round. That is, unless you are the Cowpies..

I like Swanson, and the Redskins need an "anchor" at this position for the development of RG3. The release of Montgomery gives me the impression they might go C with the first pick. Hell, I've been wrong about as many times as I've been right when it comes to football speculation. I guess we will see.

I do feel like the WR position is not a position off need in the 2014 draft with the additions so far, and with rumors of adding K. Britt...if he signs, no way in hell they draft a WR. If they do, someone should be fired on the spot!

The accuracy of predicting the exact player the Skins will draft @ #34 pick is like playing lotto. Who the actual player ends up being is speculative. But, I do believe they will draft heavy on the OL (3 maybe 4 picks) and the rest will be on FS, CB and OLB.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that the draft is in may'just another reason to hate hitler goodel just get'it done and'over with do we'realy'need 1 month and 20 days of path to the'draft and espn draft specials plus must sr gradurations are during the same time so if I get invite from a family member I usely go. May 8-11th

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we draft Bryant, Swanson, or Martin at 34. The question is how will we draft at #34? If Penn and Britt sign with us it changes everything in my opinion. I would be pissed if we passed on Filo or Yankey in the 2nd round. Both guys would start for our horrendous interior line. WR, C, Cb, and ILB prospects will have good value in rounds 3-7.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Penn and Britt have no bearing on who we draft. We will take BPA and that's exactly what we should do. Penn is 30 and has limited effectiveness these days. He's not even an upgrade to Polumbus. Britt is far from a guarantee and will be a one year contract. You don't pass up a better player in the draft because of these two players.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Penn and Britt have no bearing on who we draft. We will take BPA and that's exactly what we should do. Penn is 30 and has limited effectiveness these days. He's not even an upgrade to Polumbus. Britt is far from a guarantee and will be a one year contract. You don't pass up a better player in the draft because of these two players.

So gk, if the BPA @ #34 is a LOT, QB, or DE we should draft that position? Please.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR... because I dont think there will be a Cb worth the pick. And safety while a need I also dont think will be worth the pick. But I would not pencil in Sharpton as the starter at ILB just yet either.

If we sign Britt in which we probably won't do you think we'll still take a WR with the 34th pick?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

So gk, if the BPA @ #34 is a LOT, QB, or DE we should draft that position? Please.

BPA at a position of need...long term. With the exception of QB, RB, TE, LT and OLB ... pick a position. That's JMHO anyway.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know gk what are you thinking Penn is better than Polumbus. We can wait on Wr until the 3rd round b/c of the depth of the position. Of course Penn and Britt would make a difference they can be two starters on this team. The safe play is to go with a Guard at #34.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From rotoworld.com:

Free agent OT Donald Penn arrived at Redskins Park on Sunday for a visit that will spill into Monday.
The Redskins are trying to get bigger on the O-Line, and plus-sized Penn would certainly accomplish that. He would replace stringbean Tyler Polumbus at right tackle. Penn visited the Raiders on Friday, but left without a deal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course you do not take QB or OLB at 34. We are set here for many years unless RG3 doesn't "pan out."

If Tuitt or Hageman are there at 34, you definitely consider them. Who do we have that is better than either of these players? Bowen will be cut next season more than likely if he doesn't get cut this season. Jenkins has proven nothing and shown nothing in terms of being a future starter. Baker has potential but has been nothing special. I'd take Tuitt and Hageman over any G in this draft.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:
From rotoworld.com:

Free agent OT Donald Penn arrived at Redskins Park on Sunday for a visit that will spill into Monday.
The Redskins are trying to get bigger on the O-Line, and plus-sized Penn would certainly accomplish that. He would replace stringbean Tyler Polumbus at right tackle. Penn visited the Raiders on Friday, but left without a deal.

:yahoo:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hageman and Shazier wont be there at #34. Tuitt is very possible. I just want an impact starter at #34. Maybe the Skins will make it easy for us and move up to take Mosely, Pryor, or Dix. If its costs us a 4th so be it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting..from Walterfootball...FWIW, I still don't expect him to slide all the way to #34, but stranger things have happened...

Concerns with C.J. Mosley Could Prompt Draft-Day Slide
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

One of the recent trends in the NFL Draft has been the downgrading of the linebacker position. Last year was considered to be a strong class for inside linebacker prospects, yet only one was selected in the first round. Among the players who fell to Round 2 was a college superstar in Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o. This year's victim could be Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley.

Mosley, the leader of the Crimson Tide defense, has been one of the best linebackers in the nation over the past couple of seasons. However, sources have told WalterFootball.com that Mosley could go much lower than expected for a variety of reasons.

One of the concerns with Mosley has to do with an injury. Teams believe that there could be a knee issue and are unsure about Mosley's health. Mosley didn't work out at the Combine, so that puts more pressure on him to perform well at his pro day and look healthy. The medical evaluations by the different teams' medical staffs will be critical.

Another issue is that over the past few years, a number of Alabama prospects have entered the draft with injuries and durability concerns. That group includes Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, Dee Milliner, Dre Kirkpatrick, Barrett Jones, Jesse Williams, and Josh Chapman among others. Mosley could be the latest Crimson Tide prospect to enter the league with a knee injury.

Team needs also could help push Mosley down, as there aren't a lot of teams looking for a linebacker early. WalterFootball.com spoke with a playoff team that could use a player at the position, and Mosley is in a group of Plan B players rather than the top tier of prospects the team covets. Considering many projected Mosley to go in the top 16 picks, it's noteworthy that a playoff team views him in that group. They also believe that Mosley will get to their pick. Another team selecting early believes that Mosley could get to their pick in the second round.

Of course, Mosley could help himself if he impresses at his pro day. He has a lot of good tape and production arguing his side. However, with the trend of linebackers falling in the draft, don't be surprised if Mosley goes much lower than many project.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be hilarious if he is there at #34. If he falls in the late 20's you have to consider a trade up.