• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hoopa QB Rankings, Pt. 1

Who is the NFL's best Quarterback?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason I am intending on doing an ongoing poll rankings of all the expected starting QBs. You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can.

Here are the parameters:

Who is the best QB in the league? Who is the second best? And so on. A poll is coming, so wait for that but feel fee to comment.

Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc. However, this is just for this coming year. Imagine that this year is the last year or the NFL or that everyone can only be signed to a one-year contract. The purpose is so that we can eliminate the likelihood of someone believing that Peyton Manning is better than so and so, but so and so is younger and can offer more years. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Second, assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching (not necessarily optimal surrounding cast, just equal for everyone). If current QB of a team does not fit in their current system, imagine them in the right system.

I picked the traditional choices this time. This is the easiest and is a 2-3 man race, IMO, but will include more. I will add recent SB winners or runner-ups soon to follow (even if not traditionally that high ranked) and then others traditionally around the next spot. Once the poll ends, they'll be removed from the next poll. I will add the drafted QBs who are expected to start after the draft. Yes, that means they can't be voted to be Top Ten now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnit, I mistyped SportsHoopla. Oh well.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was easy for me to click Aaron Rodgers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough question. Overall Career out of these players its Tom Brady. Right now its P. Manning, Future its A. Rogers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Peyton Manning?

As of right now yes Payton. A. Rogers hasn't been his self the last 2 years. I actually think he is a little over rated. He always had weapons at the WR position. He is a top QB but not #1. Again this is my opinion. Its a great debate.

T. Brady is the best leader out of all of them and thats why he has more Super bowls.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's Tom Brady without hesitation. Manning is great but has typically always had good receivers. Rodgers is good but not Brady level good though he has more years ahead of him. What makes Brady the best QB in the league is how consistently he has kept the Patriots contending for Super Bowl's and making the playoffs as one of the AFC's best teams despite all the offensive changes the Patriots have gone through. They have never really had a featured back since Dillion, and other than Randy Moss, who was there for like 2 years, have featured no Hall of Fame worthy WR's. Brady has proven he is not a system QB and can adapt his play to the talent around him.

If Brady is not the QB for that team they would be lucky to finish in the top half the AFC. He has carried that organization and coach for over a decade now despite the drastic reduction in talent on both sides of the ball. He is the definition of proof that a star QB can not only carry team, but also elevate the career's and make people around him look like geniuses. Think of all the ex-Patriot coaches and front office members that went on to better jobs. They should all be thanking Brady for making them look so good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's Tom Brady without hesitation. Manning is great but has typically always had good receivers. Rodgers is good but not Brady level good though he has more years ahead of him. What makes Brady the best QB in the league is how consistently he has kept the Patriots contending for Super Bowl's and making the playoffs as one of the AFC's best teams despite all the offensive changes the Patriots have gone through. They have never really had a featured back since Dillion, and other than Randy Moss, who was there for like 2 years, have featured no Hall of Fame worthy WR's. Brady has proven he is not a system QB and can adapt his play to the talent around him.

If Brady is not the QB for that team they would be lucky to finish in the top half the AFC. He has carried that organization and coach for over a decade now despite the drastic reduction in talent on both sides of the ball. He is the definition of proof that a star QB can not only carry team, but also elevate the career's and make people around him look like geniuses. Think of all the ex-Patriot coaches and front office members that went on to better jobs. They should all be thanking Brady for making them look so good.

:agree: 100% Great Post

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom Brady is a great QB and I think 3rd on my list But it really helps to get a few wins and not just go to the playoffs but deep in the playoffs when you have played in the AFC East the last 10 plus years.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now yes Payton. A. Rogers hasn't been his self the last 2 years. I actually think he is a little over rated. He always had weapons at the WR position. He is a top QB but not #1. Again this is my opinion. Its a great debate.

T. Brady is the best leader out of all of them and thats why he has more Super bowls.
The Packers have had some nice pieces. Receiving options Rodgers has had the last couple seasons; Nelsen, Jones, Cobb, and Finley. Nice players but no #1s at their position. Not to mention they were injured most of the year.
Look at what happened when Rodgers went down, so did the Packers. He comes back and they barely squeak in the playoffs. The Packers really dont get anywhere without Rodgers.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is a great QB and I think 3rd on my list But it really helps to get a few wins and not just go to the playoffs but deep in the playoffs when you have played in the AFC East the last 10 plus years.

This isn't real, though. There's the perception because the patriots run the division, but if you compare records with the bottom three of any division, ignoring division games, the AFC east is generally middle of the class to a little above, since Brady has been here.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't real, though. There's the perception because the patriots run the division, but if you compare records with the bottom three of any division, ignoring division games, the AFC east is generally middle of the class to a little above, since Brady has been here.
C'mon man, We are talking about The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. The Bills havent made the playoffs in 18 years. The Dolphins havent since 03. The Jets had two good seasons since 04. Maybe the reason the Patriots run that division is because the other teams in it are terrible.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, We are talking about The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. The Bills havent made the playoffs in 18 years. The Dolphins havent since 03. The Jets had two good seasons since 04. Maybe the reason the Patriots run that division is because the other teams in it are terrible.
Excuse me, 01 is what I meant and the Dolphins made the playoffs in 08.

And the Jets had three good seasons since 04

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to the bottom three of any other division since Brady took the helm, they are middle of the pack in win loss record out of division. I might do up some numbers when I get to it but those are time consuming so it will be later.

Here's some numbers that take no effort. Since 2002, the patriots have more wins outside their division than any other team, winning at a .750 clip with the second best team being the colts at .658. They also have the best division record, at .792 to the second place colts being at .750. Their record is a product of being among the best teams year in and year out, not because of the division they play in.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the same stretch, in out of division games, they lead the league in scoring (28.5), are 4th in points allowed (20.025), are plus-80 in turnover differential (next is 52), and continue to stack up at the top in a wide variety of statistical categories, all only using out of division games.

I'm not trying to say it's all Brady, because it is a team game, but their dominance hasn't been because of the division they play in. They have been just as dominant outside of it.

By the way : Play Index Tools - Pro-Football-Reference.com is a fucking awesome tool. You can look at teams or players using all kinds of different criteria and it saves a lot of leg work.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have had some nice pieces. Receiving options Rodgers has had the last couple seasons; Nelsen, Jones, Cobb, and Finley. Nice players but no #1s at their position. Not to mention they were injured most of the year.
Look at what happened when Rodgers went down, so did the Packers. He comes back and they barely squeak in the playoffs. The Packers really dont get anywhere without Rodgers.

Somewhat disagree, they made the playoffs with out him and he came back and they lose.