• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the future

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. RE-SIGNING PRIORITIES WHILE MANAGING THE CAP.

The Broncos' cap situation remains tight, but getting Von Millericon-article-link.gif signed to a long-term deal and extending Emmanuel Sanders and Brandon Marshallicon-article-link.gif remain high priorities for the coming months.

"We're still kind of tight, and still trying to plan into next year, too," Elway said. "I'd like to be able to get something done with Emmanuel and Marshall -- and hopefully we get something done with Von, too."

But Elway said he planned to take the re-signings one at a time, and would "probably go to Von first" -- and hopefully wrap that up by the July 15 deadline.

"We'd like to," Elway said, smiling.

The tgf

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not drafting a WR early was really promising for what our goals are with Emmanuel Sanders.

Seemed like a position we could have taken early or not at all.

I think guys like Latimer, Norwood and Fowler also have to be pretty happy that we didn't draft one.

IMO Addison locks down a spot though which means if we keep 6 WR's we may have the same as last year minus Caldwell for Addison... and if we only keep 5 this year well then Addison wasn't what I thought he could be or one of those others guys struggles.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimer - use him or trade him.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't forget PM's practice helper - Jordan Taylor.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Draft a QB and not over paying was the right thing to do .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will Payton seemed to not trust him .. Oz got some results with him ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably worth more on special teams then his value in a trade right now.

Hopefully he burst out this year at WR.

Then he will go Oz on us - after the next Super Bowl.....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey as long as we keep winning SB I am ok with it. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Latimer will show more this year than in years past. From what I can tell his biggest issue was more struggling with the playbook and even more than that Manning going to the LOS and changing the play 3 times in 15 seconds. He just wasn't a good fit with what Manning loved to do. So now enter year 2 of being under Kubiak and his system he should have the playbook down now and won't have to worry about all the LOS things of the past.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah maybe the playbook will be a bit more condensed now for him.

I think that is why Manning likes a guy like Norwood who is very intelligent.

or a guy like Andre Caldwell who a lot of folks rag on was more important then we realized. He has the chemistry with Manning down and could come in cold off the bench and know what he was doing with Manning. Caldwell always seem to catch a big TD the 3 years he was here for us as unexciting as he was.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah maybe the playbook will be a bit more condensed now for him.

I think that is why Manning likes a guy like Norwood who is very intelligent.

or a guy like Andre Caldwell who a lot of folks rag on was more important then we realized. He has the chemistry with Manning down and could come in cold off the bench and know what he was doing with Manning. Caldwell always seem to catch a big TD the 3 years he was here for us as unexciting as he was.

Yup there is a certain type of WR that works well with Manning. Decker was another that worked really well with Manning as he just was a very smart guy. Sanders made a much bigger impact than i think people ever thought possible because he just was so smart and knew exactly where Manning wanted him. I do think this is why DT sometimes struggled with Manning in he just was thinking way too much leading to a lot of drops. I'm interested to see how he bounces back and if the team can really turn him into the next Andre Johnson.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably worth more on special teams then his value in a trade right now.

Hopefully he burst out this year at WR.
Bingo. Although he's been hugely disappointing as a receiver so far, he's been aces on special teams, especially punt coverage.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. Although he's been hugely disappointing as a receiver so far, he's been aces on special teams, especially punt coverage.

Especially needed when Bruton went down. I really thought our Special teams would struggle when he went down and we almost seemed to get better. Colquitt and Latimer really stepped up big time for our playoff push.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup there is a certain type of WR that works well with Manning. Decker was another that worked really well with Manning as he just was a very smart guy. Sanders made a much bigger impact than i think people ever thought possible because he just was so smart and knew exactly where Manning wanted him. I do think this is why DT sometimes struggled with Manning in he just was thinking way too much leading to a lot of drops. I'm interested to see how he bounces back and if the team can really turn him into the next Andre Johnson.

As I was reading this I was about to say the same thing as DT.

DT is very talented but I feel Emmanuel had the better overall chemistry of Manning of knowing when and how to adjust with him.

Maybe a new QB creates a better year for DT.

But in defense to him he put up really good numbers with Manning up until last year. Just seemed off last year on his overall game. Seemed mental more then anything to me, and with Manning you can't lack any focus with all of his adjustments. I think DT will get right this off-season.

Who would have every thought we'd win a SB without out starting LT, leading the NFL in INT's, Peyton Manning;s worst NFL season and DT not playing anywhere near his level, all of this without much production out of our TE and no 1,000 yard rusher.

Oh yeah, we had a REALLY good D and kicker.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I was reading this I was about to say the same thing as DT.

DT is very talented but I feel Emmanuel had the better overall chemistry of Manning of knowing when and how to adjust with him.

Maybe a new QB creates a better year for DT.

But in defense to him he put up really good numbers with Manning up until last year. Just seemed off last year on his overall game. Seemed mental more then anything to me, and with Manning you can't lack any focus with all of his adjustments. I think DT will get right this off-season.

Who would have every thought we'd win a SB without out starting LT, leading the NFL in INT's, Peyton Manning;s worst NFL season and DT not playing anywhere near his level, all of this without much production out of our TE and no 1,000 yard rusher.

Oh yeah, we had a REALLY good D and kicker.

Haha yeah we would have been laughed out of the building if we said all those things would happen yet we would win a Super Bowl. It really is crazy looking back at just how terrible our offense was yet how we just kept winning games. I mean any other year with Manning and having that defense and man we are probably talking getting close to having the perfect season. Very interested to see what this offense looks like this year with the team committing so much to really improving the run game. QB is obviously still a huge question mark but this team should be a top-10 rushing team (if people stay healthy). You pair that with our defense and we should be in just about every game this year.