• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The future potential of 2020's projected playoff teams from worst to best:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being chosen to play for the Bucks roster, with respect to other alternatives the Bucks had, adds by definition value to a player

So basically you only value these players highly because they play on the Bucks. Well at least you admit you're a huge homer.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously what is wrong with your computer? Does it always change the word 'Jazz' to 'Heat'?

Not that you'll see this post....
Yeap... In many attempts to write UTAH, it "eats" the 3 first letters if I write fast and automatically inserts Heat instead...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you only value these players highly because they play on the Bucks. Well at least you admit you're a huge homer.
Nope... I value them to their worth as the rest of the coaches do after playing against them whenever they have to play the Bucks...

Brown in his sophomore year last season, was a starter for the Bucks in five games during the past postseason... remember?

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... my post was about the Jazz to everyone but the trolls in this forum...

Speaking of the Heat, it's the team that is the most dangerous for the Bucks this season IMO...

Not so much because of roster matching, but more because of coach Poelstra being the most experienced to handle a playoff series with a good but handicapped with respect to his opponent's roster...

I believe that the Bucks will have a much easier ECF if it is the Celtics in the 3rd round...

Poelstra is under rated

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my thoughts too... IMO, a lot will depend on Olandipo's condition not in the short term, but going forward... If he can reach his previous level, the Pacers will then need another clutch player's addition next to the Brogdon, Olandipo, Sabonis, Turner core if they are to take the next step and contend...

They may regret letting Bojan walk (and even more so with no return) in the near future...

He should be fit from all that dancing on the Masked Singer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeap... In many attempts to write UTAH, it "eats" the 3 first letters if I write fast and automatically inserts Heat instead...

Funny how that works.

Every time I want to write @buckalis for some reason my phone takes away the first 6 letters of your name, flips the letters I and S and automatically puts in Stupid Idiot.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only by idiots... he is among the best coaches in the world...

I heard he pretty much studied how Spoelstra coached, and tried to follow his ways.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he pretty much studied how Spoelstra coached, and tried to follow his ways.
Who did?

All the best of coaches study the tactics of the other top coaches... Popovic has admitted that he thinks (his friend) Obradovic is the best coach in the world and also, that "steals floor tactics" off his mentor (who also was Obradovic's mentor and best man) coach Ivcovic and Obradovic all the time...

Last edited:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... I value them to their worth as the rest of the coaches do after playing against them whenever they have to play the Bucks...

Brown in his sophomore year last season, was a starter for the Bucks in five games during the past postseason... remember?

That's literally the definition of homerism. You're only valuing based on what specifically involves the Bucks instead of cross comparing across the league. That's why you believed Snell to have value, when actually he was a net negative. His contract was not team friendly. The team had to shed his contract and in doing so provide the team taking him with additional assets.

You have a hard time valuing players correctly because you're just extremely biased.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's literally the definition of homerism. You're only valuing based on what specifically involves the Bucks instead of cross comparing across the league. That's why you believed Snell to have value, when actually he was a net negative. His contract was not team friendly. The team had to shed his contract and in doing so provide the team taking him with additional assets.

You have a hard time valuing players correctly because you're just extremely biased.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How am I biased if the Bucks are having a 70 wins season and are (traditionally) using a 13 players rotation in most games bare the ones that have been sidelined due to injury?

Haven't you noticed that the Bucks outperform all other teams in the league and then by quite a margin for production coming from their bench?

Heck, on the game against the Lakers, the Bucks had Giannis playing for 25 mins and the Lakers had 35 mins on each out of Bron and AD... The Lakers bench scored 4 and the Bucks bench scored... 34!

You are excused not to notice, but do you think that the other teams don't notice? I assure you they do...

As of Snell, the Bucks (as you say/admit) have traded him with the best deal that they could find in order to dump salary... If it wasn't for the cap space, they wouldn't trade him for Lure... they had much better alternatives that they were offered back that the Bucks rejected because they had to pay them with real salary in a season where they wanted to maximize the cap space and keep the starting roster together...

Actually it's pretty much the same thing the Nets will face next season... they have to dump (not trade for equal value or respective salaries) the salary and lose two out of Dinwiddie, Harris, LeVert or Prince... Does it mean to you that their value will be what the return will be?
No it won't because the Nets need to dump salary...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I biased if the Bucks are having a 70 wins season and are (traditionally) using a 13 players rotation in most games bare the ones that have been sidelined due to injury?

Haven't you noticed that the Bucks outperform all other teams in the league and then by quite a margin for production coming from their bench?

Heck, on the game against the Lakers, the Bucks had Giannis playing for 25 mins and the Lakers had 35 mins on each out of Bron and AD... The Lakers bench scored 4 and the Bucks bench scored... 34!

You are excused not to notice, but do you think that the other teams don't notice? I assure you they do...

As of Snell, the Bucks (as you say/admit) have traded him with the best deal that they could find in order to dump salary... If it wasn't for the cap space, they wouldn't trade him for Lure... they had much better alternatives that they were offered back that the Bucks rejected because they had to pay them with real salary in a season where they wanted to maximize the cap space and keep the starting roster together...

Actually it's pretty much the same thing the Nets will face next season... they have to dump (not trade for equal value or respective salaries) the salary and lose two out of Dinwiddie, Harris, LeVert or Prince... Does it mean to you that their value will be what the return will be?
No it won't because the Nets need to dump salary...

Because in 2016 when the Warriors won 73 games, I wasn't on here proclaiming Ian Clark to be trade bait because he was one of their main rotational player. Same with Mo Speights. I didn't proclaim Harrison Barnes to be taking a team friendly deal in the off-season to keep the band together. That's because it was unreasonable.

The difference between you and I is that I'm able to objectively value players (to a degree) of what they are worth. There's a difference between sought after talent and replacement level talent. What the Bucks have currently are replacement level talent. That is NOT to say that they provide no value to the Bucks, or could not provide any value to another team, it's just that they are not worthy of being viewed as an asset.

No team in the NBA is trying to acquire Sterling Brown or DJ Wilson unless you incentivize it. That is because they are replacement level players doing their job for a great team. Just simply being involved in a great team does not make EACH member individually great. Not a hard concept to grasp.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in 2016 when the Warriors won 73 games, I wasn't on here proclaiming Ian Clark to be trade bait because he was one of their main rotational player. Same with Mo Speights. I didn't proclaim Harrison Barnes to be taking a team friendly deal in the off-season to keep the band together. That's because it was unreasonable.

The difference between you and I is that I'm able to objectively value players (to a degree) of what they are worth. There's a difference between sought after talent and replacement level talent. What the Bucks have currently are replacement level talent. That is NOT to say that they provide no value to the Bucks, or could not provide any value to another team, it's just that they are not worthy of being viewed as an asset.

No team in the NBA is trying to acquire Sterling Brown or DJ Wilson unless you incentivize it. That is because they are replacement level players doing their job for a great team. Just simply being involved in a great team does not make EACH member individually great. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Lets see what they bring back then and after we can see who has the better sight of things here... Would Wilson + Brown (or Connaughton) for Derrick Rose (or some equivalent to Rose combo guard) prove me right to you?

How about Wilson + Brown (or Conn) for Jabari Parker and the Bucks additionally get Burks on the empty roster spot with a Hawks high-2nd (no 31 or 32) payed to GSW?

Last edited:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see what they bring back then and after we can see who has the better sight of things here... Would Brown + Wilson (or Connaughton) for Derrick Rose (or some one equivalent) prove me right to you?

How about Brown + Wilson (or Conn) for Jabari Parker?

I don't know if I trust your "someone equivalent" seeing that my main gripe with you is your valuation of players.

That being said if the Bucks get Derrick Rose for Brown or Wilson or Connaughton(no picks included though), I will humbly bow down to you for your all encompassing knowledge of basketball.

BUT.

If Brown and Wilson do not fetch anything close to similar return for Derrick Rose, you have to admit you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to evaluating players and admit most of the "trolls" around here know more about what they're talking about than you do.

We have a deal?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I trust your "someone equivalent" seeing that my main gripe with you is your valuation of players.

That being said if the Bucks get Derrick Rose for Brown or Wilson or Connaughton(no picks included though), I will humbly bow down to you for your all encompassing knowledge of basketball.

BUT.

If Brown and Wilson do not fetch anything close to similar return for Derrick Rose, you have to admit you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to evaluating players and admit most of the "trolls" around here know more about what they're talking about than you do.

We have a deal?

If you mean the 1st pick the Bucks have from the Pacers, that won't be paid on such a deal... The 2nds that may be included are near No50 and therefore of insignificant value... then sure we have a deal!

but only it might be even bigger (name) that joins the Bucks and then Wilson and Brown (or Conn) will be part of a package... that possibility should be included too...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean the 1st pick the Bucks have from the Pacers, that won't be paid on such a deal... The 2nds that may be included are near No50 and therefore of insignificant value... then sure we have a deal!

but only it might be even bigger (name) that joins the Bucks and then Wilson and Brown (or Conn) will be part of a package... that possibility should be included too...

Ok, I'll take the deal.

So basically on a Derrick Rose trade, no 1st can be included(you don't believe it will), but 2nd round picks are acceptable.

We will keep it simple to the above. Adding those guys to a potential package con volutes value range. I'm talking about a straight up trade involving Wilson, Brown and/or Connaughton as the PRIMARY trade pieces.

We good?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll take the deal.

So basically on a Derrick Rose trade, no 1st can be included(you don't believe it will), but 2nd round picks are acceptable.

We will keep it simple to the above. Adding those guys to a potential package con volutes value range. I'm talking about a straight up trade involving Wilson, Brown and/or Connaughton as the PRIMARY trade pieces.

We good?

What if the Bucks opt for Covington or even your own Russell with a larger package that still includes Brown (or Conn) and Wilson (or Ilyasova this time)... what's the deal then?