• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The future is bright!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Best thing to come out of the loss is this stuff:

Kaepernick was asked Tuesday how he would remember this season.

"As not being good enough,'' he replied.

This kid is really growing on me. Taking full blame for the loss, letting Randy off the hook for the INT (which, IMO, is correct, though maybe he should have at least tried for it...), viewing an incredible first year as a starter as a disappointment. Love it! True competitors hate losing, even if they're playing for 2/32.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure this is entirely appropriate here, but what the hell. I'm shifting from despair into optimism, slowly be surely.

49ers Blog and Q&A: A.J. Jenkins to train with Kaepernick; wants to return 'a totally different player'

Apparently Jenkins and Kap are pretty close. Makes some sense as they were basically running on the scout team together for half the season. Let's hope AJ really commits himself and develops some chemistry with Kap. It would be huge for this team if he can develop into a deep threat.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This kid is really growing on me. Taking full blame for the loss, letting Randy off the hook for the INT (which, IMO, is correct, though maybe he should have at least tried for it...), viewing an incredible first year as a starter as a disappointment. Love it! True competitors hate losing, even if they're playing for 2/32.

I'll be interested to know what it is that finally gives you the confidence in Kap that most of the planet already has.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the future is bright, but it sucks to have to wait 6 months to see it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll be interested to know what it is that finally gives you the confidence in Kap that most of the planet already has.

Word! I was just getting ready to pose a similar question.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word! I was just getting ready to pose a similar question.

Haha, yeah, I think Crimson enjoys his contrarian act a little too much sometimes, but, hey, it draws attention to himself. ;) I'm pretty sure he knows what we all have known for 10 games now - This kid is special!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was amazing to see a 25 year old with only 10 starts under his belt, hoist his team on his shoulders and nearly walk away with the most coveted prize in the NFL!

When the most consistant part of our team failed us (the defense), it was Colin Kaepernick that rose to the occasion! Barring injury, this team is in great shape for years to come. Colin Kaepernick is a stud!

Agreed. Kaepernick is really something. He's not the only reason for optimism though. The Linebacking corps is young, the DBs are young, the O Line is young, the D line is young except for J. Smith, The Tight Ends are young, the receivers are young and we've got some good young running backs too. They've got a future.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He took the blame for his poor decsion making on the last three offensive plays as well.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kap's got that "it" factor too. He gets it done.

I remember early after he became the starter, Aikman had the niners game and interviewed Kap that week. Aikman asked Kap what was the best part of his game and he said his head. I see no reason to doubt that at this point, especially mental resiliancey and toughness.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Shame, he would've been in one this season because I firmly believe Baalke gives up the 1st rounder and signs him if he wasn't asking for Fitz money.

And I have no doubt the Niners would've beaten the Ravens in that case. :(

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap's got that "it" factor too. He gets it done.

I remember early after he became the starter, Aikman had the niners game and interviewed Kap that week. Aikman asked Kap what was the best part of his game and he said his head. I see no reason to doubt that at this point, especially mental resiliancey and toughness.

He's made a believer out of me this season. Coming into this season, I thought of him as just this running QB out of Nevada. He's obviously much more. I had no idea that the kid had this kind of moxy and mental toughness. It's a disappointing end to this season, but it's great that he was able to gain so much experience.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

For the record, I have been fully onboard with Kap since the Bears game, and am on record that week as saying we should stick with him as the starter. I just wanted to see more leadership. That's not surprising given that he was a second-year QB making his first starts. Since that time, he's clearly shown he can lead on the field, and he's been saying all the right things. As I said a few weeks ago, his poise and ability to play through significant adversity allayed any remaining concerns I had.

When I originally said I had "big concerns" about his leadership abilities, that was an overstatement. I meant to say it was by biggest concern, but that was more a statement of how impressed I was by his play, and the fact that I didn't have any major concerns at that point, than an attack on him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I have been fully onboard with Kap since the Bears game, and am on record that week as saying we should stick with him as the starter. I just wanted to see more leadership. That's not surprising given that he was a second-year QB making his first starts. Since that time, he's clearly shown he can lead on the field, and he's been saying all the right things. As I said a few weeks ago, his poise and ability to play through significant adversity allayed any remaining concerns I had.

When I originally said I had "big concerns" about his leadership abilities, that was an overstatement. I meant to say it was by biggest concern, but that was more a statement of how impressed I was by his play, and the fact that I didn't have any major concerns at that point, than an attack on him.

You said he is "really growing on you" what part or parts of him or his game still need to further grow on you. I ask because there is absolutely nothing left about him or his game that needs to grow on me and I'm sure nearly all fans. So, what deficiencies are you still seeing?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You said he is "really growing on you" what part or parts of him or his game still need to further grow on you. I ask because there is absolutely nothing left about him or his game that needs to grow on me and I'm sure nearly all fans. So, what deficiencies are you still seeing?

I'm the contrarian here? You're the one who is conveying my words in the most negative light possible. I'm very excited about Colin Kaepernick's future. I'm not ready to say he's a top-3 all-around QB right now. So yeah, he's still got some room to grow on me.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As for what he could still improve upon, the short list that comes to mind is getting the snap off on time, reading the entire field on a consistent basis, settling down earlier in big games, reading the blitz and burning the other team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he is "really growing on you" what part or parts of him or his game still need to further grow on you. I ask because there is absolutely nothing left about him or his game that needs to grow on me and I'm sure nearly all fans. So, what deficiencies are you still seeing?[/QUOTE]

Bem,

I would like to see him get the play called quicker and be able to read what the defense is doing quicker so that when he changes the call at the line we are not always running up against the play clock. I'd also like to see him spread the ball around a little more and not rely so much on Crabtree. He almost never throws to the RBs which was a staple of the Montana/Young offenses. These are all correctable with experience. I think in two years we'll be calling him the best QB in the NFL.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bem,

I would like to see him get the play called quicker and be able to read what the defense is doing quicker so that when he changes the call at the line we are not always running up against the play clock. I'd also like to see him spread the ball around a little more and not rely so much on Crabtree. He almost never throws to the RBs which was a staple of the Montana/Young offenses. These are all correctable with experience. I think in two years we'll be calling him the best QB in the NFL.

There we go - This makes sense. Most, if not all of Kaps deficiencies are mental errors caused by lack of experience.

As far as his ability as a QB is concerned without those errors he is as good as gets with regard to intelligence, poise, leadership, mental strength, physical ability and athleticism. I can't think of one of those categories in which he needs to improve much if at all.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go - This makes sense. Most, if not all of Kaps deficiencies are mental errors caused by lack of experience.

As far as his ability as a QB is concerned without those errors he is as good as gets with regard to intelligence, poise, leadership, mental strength, physical ability and athleticism. I can't think of one of those categories in which he needs to improve much if at all.

It feels crazy to say it this early but he is as good a young Qb as I have ever seen. Ahead of Montana at this stage and light years ahead of Young. Been a long time since we've seen a Qb deliver the ball down the field like he does. If the 49ers ever get a legitimate deep threat, look out!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for what he could still improve upon, the short list that comes to mind is getting the snap off on time, reading the entire field on a consistent basis, settling down earlier in big games, reading the blitz and burning the other team.

Getting the snap off quicker is a given, but certainly not something I discredit his QB'ing ability for.

As for his reads where are you seeing inconsistencies because I'm not seeing any issues there at all?

Settling down earlier in big games? What are you seeing that makes you say he is not settled at the beginning of big games?

As for his performance & production vs. the blitz what are you showing that makes you think he needs to read and react better to blitzes?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels crazy to say it this early but he is as good a young Qb as I have ever seen. Ahead of Montana at this stage and light years ahead of Young. Been a long time since we've seen a Qb deliver the ball down the field like he does. If the 49ers ever get a legitimate deep threat, look out!

Entire post = Nailed It!!!!!!!!!!!!